shape
carat
color
clarity

who is most likely to cheat.....a married man or a married woman?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i know the answer
34.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully neither!
20.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember a study done in the United States 20 years ago or more that purported to show something like 50% of married men cheated on their wives and only slightly fewer wives (perhaps 30% or 40%) cheated on their husbands at some point in their marriages. I remember finding the number stunningly high at the time. Now I do not.

Deborah
34.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I can''t stand lying cheating cowards....but that''s just me. I find cowardice to be the most unattractive trait in a person. Cheating on one''s partner is the ultimate cowardice act in my book.
14.gif

Integrity on the other hand can turn a mediocre looking person into a knight in shining armour.
30.gif
(Attractiveness being in the eye of the beholder and all)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well DF, what is the answer??????? Wouldn''t surprise me if it were the men.

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 12:30:58 AM
Author:Dancing Fire
i know the answer
34.gif
Gosh I have missed these threads, you crack me up.

Umm, you didn't tell us what the answer is, guessing you want our's. OK I believe it's the married men, at least that's what the stat's show. I often wonder when studies are done how truthful the people are in responding.... But men traditionally, are the ones who cheat. But who are they cheating with?? Is it with a married woman, or a woman who is single. or a woman who is single and doesn't know he is married,that's a double whammy... Takes two to tango.....

Just glad I am not dealing with this!!!
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
6/13/2008 1:43:45 AM

Author:
Kaleigh

OK I believe it''s the married men, at least that''s what the stat''s show. I often wonder when studies are done how truthful the people are in responding.... But men traditionally, are the ones who cheat. But who are they cheating with?? Is it with a married woman, or a woman who is single. or a woman who is single and doesn''t know he is married,that''s a double whammy... Takes two to tango.....

9.gif

So many women don''t know when they are dealing with it, Lisa! Look at that congressman from Staten Island, Vito Fossella or whatever his name was! His wife didn''t know he had a mistress and a child with her and his mistress thought he was legally separated from his wife!

Deb
34.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2008 1:38:20 AM
Author: Linda W
Well DF, what is the answer??????? Wouldn't surprise me if it were the men.

Linda
depending on their ages....a married woman between the ages of 40-52 (mid-life crisis
31.gif
) are more likely to cheat on their husband.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2008 1:43:45 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 6/13/2008 12:30:58 AM
Author:Dancing Fire
i know the answer
34.gif
Gosh I have missed these threads, you crack me up.

Umm, you didn''t tell us what the answer is, guessing you want our''s. OK I believe it''s the married men, at least that''s what the stat''s show. I often wonder when studies are done how truthful the people are in responding.... But men traditionally, are the ones who cheat. But who are they cheating with?? Is it with a married woman, or a woman who is single. or a woman who is single and doesn''t know he is married,that''s a double whammy... Takes two to tango.....

9.gif
hummm.......so many choices.....
34.gif
31.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If my husband cheats I will cut his bits off and feed them to him in a stew.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
The studies also show that in all age groups, men are more likely to cheat and have more partners overall, so I would have to say men.

As to the nieve single women, I was one once. It was an LD relationship and the guy had broken up with his ex. What I didn''t know was after 2 months together, he got back together with her and moved in, and didn''t tell either of us about the other. For another three months I was the "other woman" and had no clue, so it truely can happen.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 12:21:58 PM
Author: Maisie
If my husband cheats I will cut his bits off and feed them to him in a stew.
LOL Maisie, ditto!
I would have thought it was married men...but that is only from personal experience.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2008 12:29:00 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
The studies also show that in all age groups, men are more likely to cheat and have more partners overall, so I would have to say men.

As to the nieve single women, I was one once. It was an LD relationship and the guy had broken up with his ex. What I didn''t know was after 2 months together, he got back together with her and moved in, and didn''t tell either of us about the other. For another three months I was the ''other woman'' and had no clue, so it truely can happen.
no,not true.....you''ll always hear more men cheat b/c most women keep their affairs secret.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 12:44:06 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
no,not true.....you''ll always hear more men cheat b/c most women keep their affairs secret.
I don''t believe that bit at all.

Ever seen the www.womensinfidilty.com forum? Women tend to like to chat about it alot!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 2:37:57 AM
Date: 6/13/2008 1:38:20 AM

Well DF, what is the answer??????? Wouldn''t surprise me if it were the men.

Linda
depending on their ages....a married woman between the ages of 40-52 (mid-life crisis
31.gif
) are more likely to cheat on their husband.

Oh poo!!! Hummmmm, I''ll have to ask my girlfriends, ha ha ha ha ha.

Linda

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2008 1:15:13 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Ever seen the www.womensinfidilty.com forum? Women tend to like to chat about it alot!
maybe younger women talk but not the over 40 group.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK DF, how do YOU know so much about this, ha ha ha ha ha

Linda

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2008 2:56:26 PM

Linda
don''t believe me go ask your friends
2.gif

lunch time!!

merlinthecat

Rough_Rock
Yep...I knew it was women.

When it comes to being secretive and deceptive...men just can''t compete!

We are also more nasty and vindictive than men....but it''s not our fault....we have hormones!
31.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 3:02:13 PM
Date: 6/13/2008 2:56:26 PM

Linda
don''t believe me go ask your friends
2.gif

lunch time!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU ARE A RASCAL!!!!!!!!!
27.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s strange, probably not the norm, but in our group of friends, there have been 3 couples that we know of that broke up due to infidelity on the wife''s part. Two of those 3, the wife was quite a bit younger, not sure if that played a part.
A 4th case, the guy cheated. The wife couldn''t get over it, so a couple years later did some heavy flirtation (possibly into an affair we are not sure how far it went). At that point the two could have reconciled, called it even, but the guy''s pride was hurt, and cheated on her again, and got her pregnant. Hmm maybe too much information.
I do have to say that although infidelity was obviously the breaking point, think there are marriage problems that lead to infidelity, almost like the infidelity is a symptom, not a cause of marriage disintegration.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 2:54:02 PM

There are women of all ages on that site. It''s pathetic, really. But, because I haven''t seen a men''s infidelity support forum, I would have believed that older women were the major cheating group.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been married a very long time, and the only splits I know of have been the husband having the affair. Perhaps I just have nice friends, but I have never had a female married friend have an affair.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know one woman who cheated. They were building a house, and she was PREGNANT in vitro with her seond child. She started sleeping with the builder. She left her hubby almost as soon as the house was done, and moved to NY from Philly. The second baby was a baby they had been trying to have for years, ended up going the in vitro route. She was about 5 months along and clearly pregnant when this man, who was also married started to sleep with her, while meeting the guy and taking his money! Really despicable. Her hubby was apparently wealthy and guess how she met him? Breaking up HIS first marriage working for him in his office. He has since re married, not sure about her.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2008 3:03:41 PM
Author: merlinthecat
Yep...I knew it was women.

When it comes to being secretive and deceptive...men just can''t compete!

We are also more nasty and vindictive than men....but it''s not our fault....we have hormones!
31.gif
those sneaky Brit women.
27.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2008 9:00:13 PM

Date: 6/13/2008 2:54:02 PM

There are women of all ages on that site. It''s pathetic, really. But, because I haven''t seen a men''s infidelity support forum, I would have believed that older women were the major cheating group.
they are...but they just don''t admit the truth.
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

For goodness sakes, who has time???

That said, I''ll collect some data
2.gif
3.gif
and get back to ya.....

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good girl Sharon. Let''s put DF in his place ha ha ha ha ha.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
In my opinion, a lot of men cheat, because they think they are Gods gift to women. I know some of my girlfriend''s husband''s cheat and it makes me sick. They brag about it to my husband and he tells me. Yes, we are all older too. I think they are having a mid-life crisis.

On the other-hand, the young ones do it too. I think it depends on the personality of the person.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results