shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite setting for an asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A ONE CARAT (6 x 6 ish) asscher?

This thread inspired by Oldfashioned''s round thread. Therefore, same rules apply. 1 carat asscher must be the center stone...
2.gif

I''ll start us off with Kaleigh''s Halo, and beautifully excecuted pave halo''s generally. Because well, they are stunning and very blingy and make the asschers really BIG. And also because, well... I won''t be getting one as I''d never hear then end of the matchy-matchy comments from my family b/c my mother has a round with a pave halo. So I wanted to acknowledge their beauty, while focusing on other settings. If that''s okay with everyone.
18.gif

SO... other than pave halos... what are your favorite settings for 1 carat asschers?

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Really, no pave halo votes? Awww.....then I'd have to vote for a center asscher, flanked by two tapered baguettes.
2.gif
I am biased, of course....

Oh, and the setting absolutely MUST enhance the shape of the asscher. No sense putting it in a setting where the cut corners are hidden.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Daniel K Rosebud...

Scintillating...

EEEK Sorry about the size!

DK Rosebud.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hands down 1922 Cartier or the same ring without pave or with sapphire or ruby pave.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is kicken also

RA.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok I can''t post pics so bear with me here..... Think simple and elegant. Platinum setting, double claw prongs and bead set diamonds on the shank, 1/2 way around or 3/4 way around if you like. Subtle yet classic. Yummo.
18.gif

I believe the asscher needs to be the star and a more classic setting is such a great idea. If I ever get a bigger asscher, I am so doing something like this.
31.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have anything to offer, but I had to ask, Strm, where did you find that setting? I almost fainted, it is so stunning!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have it in platinum with double prongs and nothing more than tapered baguettes at the side. No pave'' or halo.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the cartier asscher too. my next fav. would be and asscher with bag.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My fave asscher setting would be the one I just tried on over the weekend at a local jeweler. It was set with single claw prongs at the corners, but the prongs were wider than what you''d normally think of for claws....they were wide enough so that the base of each prong was almost as wide as the cut corner and tapered to a point at the tip, accentuating the shape of the stone. The shank was actually a shared prong asscher eternity band, about 2.2 mm wide. DIVINE!!!!! If I''m ever lucky enough to own an asscher, this is exactly how I''d set it!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I'd have to think about it more and look around to really know how I'd set it, but I can say that I always liked the look of Reese Witherspoon's ring. I don't know that I've ever seen a really good, clear picture of it, but I like it from those that I've seen. Also, I think I saw one quite a while back here on PS - I think maybe it had side traps, and it was very beautiful.

ETA: of course, Reese's is larger than 1 carat!

Reese With.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 10:48:26 AM
Author: KristyDarling
My fave asscher setting would be the one I just tried on over the weekend at a local jeweler. It was set with single claw prongs at the corners, but the prongs were wider than what you''d normally think of for claws....they were wide enough so that the base of each prong was almost as wide as the cut corner and tapered to a point at the tip, accentuating the shape of the stone. The shank was actually a shared prong asscher eternity band, about 2.2 mm wide. DIVINE!!!!! If I''m ever lucky enough to own an asscher, this is exactly how I''d set it!

Um. this sounds promising. 2.2 wide and asscher eternity. And prongs made to accentuate. And it''s got bling. Kristy, did you gt a price on that sucker? LOL! Really liking it. Was it designer?

I love all the other ideas... the really are helping as there are so many settings I had not considered or seen. I totally agree with Kaleigh that the asscher needs to be the star too. But had never articulated it-- that why even though my favorite setting for an emerald is east west with traps... wouldn''t get traps with this sized asscher because I think it would take away from it. Hmmm.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Facets makes their pave halo rings with asscher eternity bands ... they might be able to fabricate a setting close to Kristy''s description (I think the one she saw was 5 cts and at a high-end designer store??) ...

Also, Tiffany''s "Deco-inspired" ring has an asscher eternity band -- just for reference pix, know you can''t set outside stones in Tiff settings....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 11:52:16 AM
Author: decodelighted
Facets makes their pave halo rings with asscher eternity bands ... they might be able to fabricate a setting close to Kristy''s description (I think the one she saw was 5 cts and at a high-end designer store??) ...

Also, Tiffany''s ''Deco-inspired'' ring has an asscher eternity band -- just for reference pix, know you can''t set outside stones in Tiff settings....

Deco... can you lead me to the pics of the Tiffany? I don''t care for Facet''s halos and asscher eternity settings, unfortunately. They lack... grace for me. Don''t know if that makes sense.

But um Kristy''s setting was for a 5 carat asscher huh? Scratch that then. I like the delicacy of pave. But the look of step cuts with asschers. Wonder if you can pave with tiny asschers and baguettes... lmao.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the Tiff.

The band on this doesn''t look too different than the "band" part on the Facets ones, that''s why I thought it could be an option.

tiffanydecoring9.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess the milgrain might be the difference. A solitaire Asscher with a band like this could be nice ... wonder if they could, dump the halo head, add a basket head, skip the milgrain & VOILA, instant Tiffoney.

cuoffacetsasscherband.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, the ring I tried on had a 5 carat asscher center but it would really work just as beautifully with a 1 carat stone.
emteeth.gif
The band was delicate in that the asschers were teeny TINY, and they were shared-prong (not channel set like the Tiff ring). I think that a thin, shared-prong eternity band that''s done really well (i.e. not too prongy or heavy on the metal) can look just as delicate as a pave band.

I''m sorry I don''t have a picture for you. I''ll keep on the lookout for one!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco it''s much more graceful that the facets, I think. Delicate and the metal isn''t as bulky. But I think I like the shared prong thing more than channel set-- at least in theory. Like this-- kind of.

Actually a shared prong with the basket like this reminds me a LITTLE of the MM buttercup Jade is considering. Wouldn''t that be interesting. Heart prongs on the corners of the asscher and asscher shared prong set by MM.

Of course... that would be expensive. LOL.

asscher6B.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, the store I went to has good customer service and I''m sure they''d be happy to give you a quote over the phone. It''s Shreve in San Francisco, (415) 421-2600. If you''re interested in the setting I described, ask to talk to someone about the 5-carat asscher set in the asscher eternity ring. They can then use that ring''s ID number to get you a quote for your particular stone.
1.gif
You could even ask them to send you a picture of the ring.
emembarrassed.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2006 4:02:23 PM
Author: february2003bride
That''s easy- Wallermama''s gorgeous asscher set!
How could I have forgotten that beauty!! Silly me. Yes, Wallermama''s set is my favorite asscher set on PS, hands-down. That stone POPS like nobody''s business. I love the matte platinum.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Gypsey - My favorite Asscher setting is double claw prongs with trap sides no pave. Clean, simple, and classic.

KristyDarling...how is it possible that you and I haven''t met yet? Our paths are crossing all over San Francisco.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm willing to bet that our paths HAVE crossed, we just didn't know it....i.e. browsing at Tiff's at the same time, hanging out at Grand Cafe with our kids, gawking at Shreve's, strolling down Union St in the Marina, etc.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results