shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your traffic pet peeves?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
or driving pet peeves

-not signalling when you make an abrupt lane change
29.gif
or signalling ...period
-drivers that speed up to pass you, pulls into your lane in front of you then slows down
40.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
when everyone slows down for no reason! For example, there is an accident or a car pulled over on the side of the road. No lanes are block, but traffic CRAWLS for a mile or two around the site for NO REASON!!!

ARGH!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Other than that, traffic in general, and being stuck in it. Especially in L.A. and DC!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I HATE it when another drivers pulls out in front of me! And there is absolutely no one behind me! Like that two seconds made all the difference the world
38.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
People that go 45 mph in the fast lane. I totally respect everyone''s right to drive at whatever speed they please, but kindly do not go well below the speed limit in the lane designated for those who wish to drive a bit faster! It''s just not logical IMO
40.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Driving behind a car with a diesel engine that is belching thick black exhaust.
29.gif

On the freeway I drive slowly, but I stay in the far-right lane of 4 to 6 lanes but people still tailgate me even if they are not getting off at the next exit.
33.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 2:30:57 AM
Author: kenny
On the freeway I drive slowly, but I stay in the far-right lane of 4 to 6 lanes but people still tailgate me even if they are not getting off at the next exit.
33.gif
Yes! That is the reverse iteration of my pet peeve. Those who wish to drive fast should go in the fast lane, not tailgate in the far-right lanes!
29.gif
I just don''t get it...

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
ppl who drive on both lanes, ppl who drive so slow I could walk faster, women who put on their make-up while driving, ppl who text or talk on the phone while driving and are stalling the flow of traffic, ppl who drive crazy and ride your bumper...

oh one more...ppl who ride their breaks when driving...breaking every 2 sec. drives me nuts esp when there's no reason for it

my Traffic pet peeve are the traffic officers directing traffic. I find here in NYC when there is a pile up of traffic, I turn to my husband and say I bet you a traffic officer is directing traffic...BINGO they are. They always seem to make things back up

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh forgot to add the "blockade" on the freeway, where all lanes are taken up - the drivers all go the same speed but in the distance there are no other cars in front of them, they are like a mile away!
39.gif
so you have no way to get around them
33.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 12:59:37 AM
Author:D&T

STUPID PEOPLE ON THE ROAD THAT:

ARE 99, BARELY TALLER THAN THE STEERING WHEEL, DRIVING 35 ON THE FREEWAY SWIRVING WITHIN THEIR OWN LANE
HIGHSCHOOL KIDS TRYING TO RE-CREATE THE FILM SET OF "THE FAST AND FURIOUS"
MOTORCYCLISTS RIGHT IN MY BLIND SPOT
PEOPLE THROWING CRAP OUT OF THEIR WINDOWS ON THE FREEWAY LIKE ITS AN OPEN MUNICIPAL DUMP YARD

THIS ONE TAKES THE TOLL - I WAS SITTING AT A TRAFFIC LIGHT WITH MY CONVERTIBLE TOP DOWN AND NEXT TO ME ON MY LEFT, THIS TRUCK DRIVER... i HEAR THIS COUGHING THEN A RUMBLE THEN A SPIT.... THROUGH HIS ROLLED DOWN WINDOW AND LANDED RIGHT ON MY LAP IN MY CAR. THAT WAS THE GROSSEST THING UGHHHHHHHHH...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t get too peeved about random traffic incidents. BUT. I had an experience last night that I will never forget, it irked me that much.

I moved from Chicago back to my very small hometown last summer. The town I live in now is rural but there are plenty of stoplights, if that makes sense. It''s clean, well-kept, etc. However, we have a whole class of people here who well, let''s just say they don''t scrape their boots off before entering someone''s home or business, that sort of thing.

Last night I was making my way through town to drop off some of my niece''s things at my bro and SIL''s house. It was a beautiful evening, I had the windows down and sunroof open on my Jeep, and my dog Daisy in the passenger seat. I came to a red light at the west side of the town square and next to me in the left lane is a large pickup truck with some guys in it. Behind this truck are two MORE large pickup trucks, with more guys in them. I don''t glance over, I''m using my rearview mirrors to gather all of this visual info. Then I start hearing strange engine-revving noises, but at this point I''m thinking maybe the guy next to me is just trying to keep his truck from stalling/dying. Then the light turns green, and suddenly my entire line of vision is obscured by huge black clouds.

All 3 trucks proceed to generate these huge black clouds of smoke for an additional two blocks. I was coughing and choking the whole time, after two blocks I turned right towards my brother''s house and things finally cleared up so that I could breathe. I was soooo tempted to report them, but the cops here would likely just laugh at me.

Blech. So, my biggest traffic peeve is idiots doing burnouts right next to me. Not cool.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t stand it when people have no idea to merge onto a highway... they just mosey along the on-ramp, going 30 mph - even though the speed of traffic on the road is at least twice that. Drives me insane when I get behind someone like that.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 9:50:10 AM
Author: Amethyste

ARE 99, BARELY TALLER THAN THE STEERING WHEEL, DRIVING 35 ON THE FREEWAY SWIRVING WITHIN THEIR OWN LANE

HIGHSCHOOL KIDS TRYING TO RE-CREATE THE FILM SET OF ''THE FAST AND FURIOUS''

PEOPLE THROWING CRAP OUT OF THEIR WINDOWS ON THE FREEWAY LIKE ITS AN OPEN MUNICIPAL DUMP YARD

THIS ONE TAKES THE TOLL - I WAS SITTING AT A TRAFFIC LIGHT WITH MY CONVERTIBLE TOP DOWN AND NEXT TO ME ON MY LEFT, THIS TRUCK DRIVER... i HEAR THIS COUGHING THEN A RUMBLE THEN A SPIT.... THROUGH HIS ROLLED DOWN WINDOW AND LANDED RIGHT ON MY LAP IN MY CAR. THAT WAS THE GROSSEST THING UGHHHHHHHHH...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww so sorry this happened

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 10:21:19 AM
Author: atroop711

I am laughing at it now cause it was just so freaky lol... but yeah, it was disgusting.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Tailgating me when I''m already going 15 mph over the speed limit in the fast lane, and passing cars at a very reasonable rate.

Those who drive like idiots - driving 10 mph faster than everyone esle, not signaling to switch lanes, diving in and out between cars with a foot to spare between bumpers, acting like they''re the only ones who may decide to make rash decisions. I hate the thought of what would happen when these idiots come across one other person who decides at that exact moment to not signal also - needless to say, the interstate would come to a stand-still. Those people think they''re the only ones on the road and own it, and the rest of us are just trucking along and are never going to change lanes or hit our brakes.

Not keeping a constant speed (brake tapping included).

People who speed though work zones. I have worked INSIDE the work zones many times before. It is extremely dangerous. We put those message signs up for a reason - your safety AND ours. I''ve had to stand on the edge of a lane before with people going 50 mph on a 35 mph 2 lane road (should be even slower when we have a work zone up) to hold the rod for surveying - you have no idea how fast that is until you''re standing still and a car flies by you, with thoughts of their side mirror smacking your head off running through your brain. Thank goodness for coworkers who offer to watch your back (still doesn''t ease your mind though). I''ve also had to be inside an inner lane closure on an interstate - cars driving by us at 80 mph. They don''t care that if they were to look down for one minute, or if their tire was to blow, they''d plow right through those lovely cones and barrels, smash into our trucks, run us all over, and probably stop very suddenly when they smash into the hole we''ve got in the pavement. People are so oblivious nowadays.

Driving 5 mph slower than the speed limit just because there''s a cop riding beside you. Yes, I know they can have blown up egos a lot of the time, and you don''t know if they''ll give you 5 or 10 over the limit. But go the speed limit, set your cruise control, and get on with it! No need to hold up ALL the traffic here just so the cop can pass you!!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 10:25:20 AM

Date: 8/21/2009 10:21:19 AM
Author: atroop711

I am laughing at it now cause it was just so freaky lol... but yeah, it was disgusting.
Bleeeeegggghhhhh!!!! GROSS!! Did you yell up to him or anything??? Oh man, I think I''d be sick right there...
32.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is for parking not traffic but I hate then some moron parks takes up two places in a parking lot because they have a new car, expensive car, pimped out car or whatever!

They don't want the cars next to them to ding their car with a door.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
lUV - I didn''t have the time to yell anything cause I was so shocked at what happened, and then the light turned green so I had to drive with the wad on my lap for a good min before I could pull into a parking lot and wipe that nasty present off of me.............
23.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 10:45:53 AM
This is for parking not traffic but I hate then some moron parks to take up two places in a parking lot because they have a new car, expensive car, pimped out car or whatever!

They don''t want the cars next to them to ding their car with a door.

OH LOL!!!!!!!! You''ll laugh at this...

Some friends and I were going out to dinner - of all places, we chose something cheap and we went to Ruby Tuesdays. and the restaurant was packed so was the parking lot... We parked a few spaces near a bright guy who decided to park "sideways" in the corner cause he had this brand new Pontiac Crossfire. We were like "ooooooooooooooo, such a pretty car while rolling our eyes at the "look at me and my pretty awesome car parking job". After a few giggly comment exchanges about that, we proceeded to go in and have a good time.

After a couple of hours, we go out back to our parked car and we saw something written on his window... So we go there to see what was written... I assume a woman must have written the love message cause a lipstick was used: " ... i bet you have a small **** "

Oh man... we laughed so hard... Priceless!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amethyste, that is the grossest thing I have ever heard of.
It certainly qualifies as a crime.
I would have gotten the license plate and called the cops and grabbed my cellphone to photograph him and what he sent your way.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 10:58:25 AM
Amethyste, that is the grossest thing I have ever heard of.
It certainly qualifies as a crime.
I would have gotten the license plate and called the cops and grabbed my cellphone to photograph him and what he sent your way.
Kenny.... it was over 10 years ago and I didn't have a cell phone at that time. i think he didnt see me cause I was driving a little rabbit convertible then. He was in the left lane in his driver seat sitting pretty high and his passenger window was rolled down and I was on his right... But yeah, it was nasty... I am thankful that it was on my lap and not on in my hair nor face! ugh.........

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ames- I had a little chuckle and can visualize this in slow mode in my mind, but that is disgusting...
23.gif
9.gif
- sorry this happened to you though.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amethyste, that is sooooo funny.
I hope the driver of that car was out on a date and his lady friend got to read it.

I am a man and drive a wimpy little hybrid.
I think it is absurd the way men project their manliness onto their car choice, or how they drive them.

I think it is left over from caveman times when brute strength may have mattered.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
- Angry drivers
- Drivers who feel they have the right to endanger others by driving recklessly
- Bully truck drivers who follow too closely on the highway
- Now that I''m not working I see a lot of moms in SUVs driving around during the day with their kids in the car, and a cell phone glued to one ear. They are clearly distracted, it is very sad to me that they endanger their own children because a phone call is *that* important.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 11:03:20 AM
Author: D&T

Ames- I had a little chuckle and can visualize this in slow mode in my mind, but that is disgusting...
23.gif
9.gif
- sorry this happened to you though.
D&T - LOVE YA GIRL... HEHE, IT FUNNY NOW FOR SURE. GLAD IT COULD MAKE YOU GIGGLE A LITTLE BIT ;-)

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 11:04:55 AM
Amethyste, that is sooooo funny.
I hope the driver of that car was out on a date and his lady friend got to read it.

I am a man and drive a wimpy little hybrid.
I think it is absurd the way men project their manliness onto their car choice, or how they drive them.

I think it is left over from caveman times when brute strength may have mattered.

KENNY - You seem like a really kind and sweet guy - and witty :) I drive a little wimpy car too, its alright :) rather drive a small car, save money on gas and more to spend on other shinny things ;-)

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto all of the above!

My biggest is tailgaiters. I''m typically a fast (when it''s safe) driver. Why tailgait me if I am following the guy in front of me at the same speed? I hate those bullies!
One time I got sweet satisfaction... I was on the PA Turnpike, and got bullied out of a lane. About 20 minutes later, that car was pulled over! Ha!

Oh, and big Mack trucks kinda scare me to begin with, but big Mack truck tailgaiters are the worst! Ever see that Kurt Russell movie ''Breakdown''?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I hate tailgaters.

This summer DD was learning to drive, and it was very necessary for her to not exceed the speed limit. You can''t get your license to drive with a speeding ticket.
20.gif
And, I don''t want her using cruise control just yet. Everyone around here speeds 5 to 10 miles over the limit so they were always tailgating us. Remember, everyone, that driver ahead of you may just be learning. Be nice.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Hogging the left land, hands down. If you're not passing, move over. The worst is when people get in the left and don't even go the speed limit. {{sigh}}

My other one is brake tappers. Now I know that my standard transmission will slow itself down more (especially on hills) than an automatic if I just take my foot off the gas. However, it really really bugs me when people tap their brakes all the time for no good reason. Then I have to tap my brakes, because I assume you're slowing down for a reason, then everyone taps their brakes, and it's just annoying. Only use your brakes when necessary, don't randomly tap them the whole time you're driving.

ETA: People who can't stay in one lane. Just because you drive a giant SUV there is no excuse for your tire to be completely over the line.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 10:45:53 AM
This is for parking not traffic but I hate then some moron parks takes up two places in a parking lot because they have a new car, expensive car, pimped out car or whatever!

They don''t want the cars next to them to ding their car with a door.
I live in CT and there are *tons* of nice cars here. If you have a new Ferrari and take up two spots, I honestly don''t get too upset because your car is worth about 1,000,000 times more than my old Civic is. It does bug me/make me laugh when owners of new BMW 3-series cars (or similar introductory luxery car) take up two spots. Umm, everyone else has a 3-series too, get over yourself! Your car is in no way special just because it''s a BMW, especially because everyone here seems to own one.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t stand when I''m approching a four way stop - there''s one car stopped - no one else in sight - I''m still a block away and that car WAITS for me to stop at the 4 way. Then I have to wait for them to go through. I really don''t get that!!!

I''m currently cranky at all the semi trucks and regular trucks with trailers driving the 65 mph speed limit or higher on our interstates when the speed limit for them is 55mph. I''m only cranky cause I got a ticket hauling my horse earlier this summer for not obeying my 55mph speed limit. At the time I didn''t know that applied to me. Now I see all these people with all kinds of trailers flying down the road. They should get stopped!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results