shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you saving for?

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Just out of interest, what are you currently saving or want to save your money for?
Things just for pleasure and interest/entertainment. Basically things you can do without that you want.

Currently I am saving money for:

1. Brain Gavin's pink sapphire & diamond ring. I fell in love with it after Purpleshirt's purchase. Thanks Purpleshirt - you've tempted me with those lovely photos. :)
show-me-the-ring/bgd-pink-sapphire-diamond-3-4-eternity-band-in-rose-gold-t148789.html

Now I got to have one for myself and my sister (matching). I'm hoping I can save in a month to get it.
I've been a very good girl and haven't bought anything for myself for the past 6 months. :D

2. A holiday to either Maldives or Monte Carlo for the F1 2011. This really depends if we want to compromise on the following items below. :cheeky:

3. 2C Asscher of some sort (sapphire, tourmaline or spinal) for me. Colours baby pink or minty green.

4. Emerald ring between 2-3C for my mother's 60th birthday (2012). I realise now this project is going to be very expensive.
I had no idea till I joined PS how expensive untreated emeralds are.

5. Last but not least - a watch for my DH. My DH loves watches as much as I love gems. Actually I think his love might be greater. :o
He is a huge Panerai fan. I got him a Panerai for our 1st wedding anniversary. I want to get him another watch within a year. Deciding between the following: Black coated Rolex, Omega Speedmaster the special meteor edition or another Panerai like this one below.

BrianGavin_RoseBezel3b_081610.jpg

pam335 (1).jpg

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I'm on the 5 year plan for a Leon Mege ring. I'm in love with the lotus ring... sigh...

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is one of the reasons (not THE reason, but one of the reasons) I want a padparadscha sapphire so much.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
That lotus is VERY pretty :love:

We're saving for an ering (YaY!) and for trips to mexico, jamaica and alaska next year...or something of the sort. Of course will depend on cursed annual leave :nono:

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I'm currently saving for stuff in the far away future, a house, trip with the kids somewhere (Disney probably), college, weddings, etc.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Originally we were saving to buy a vacation home in Lake Tahoe, but recently stumbled on a place in Rhode Island which will probably get used more often. My sister and her husband are going to buy with DH and me so the whole family can use it. Don't have to save for furniture since we are using my parents' furniture that has been in storage since my dad went to an assisted living facility (He made almost all of the furniture so it will be great to be able to display it again). It is exciting!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Soocool, that is exciting! I would love to do something similar, especially if anyone in our family were to have kids around the same time as us, then it would be a great family place to bring everyone's kids.

What aren't we saving for? I feel like I'm perpetually saving for something, plus trying to pay off the mortgage. Blah!

We would like to redo a bathroom and add a dormer onto one of the rooms in our house, so we're saving for that. We're also saving for all things "future baby". We'll need a larger vehicle, so that will be a decent chunk of change. There are the short-term costs (nursery, all the "stuff", the vehicle), but we're also starting to think about college funds, too. Plus we had a plan to save my salary for several years so we could buy a vacation home in NH without having a second mortgage and that is still on our radar, but we keep butting heads since I'd rather pay off our current mortgage first, then worry about a second home and we really haven't made much headway. We used to have really specific savings goals and now it just seems like we save and then perform triage on what needs to happen first.

My sights are still focused on a 2+ carat transitional cut, but it just seems like it's on the farthest backburner.

I'm saving for the wedding ;( october is almost here!

Then, fixing up the bathroom and kitchen.
I also am still on the fence about diamond studs. I thought .80ctw.. but I would prefer bigger.. so.. I don't know.
OH I also need to reset my 3 stone. I am thinking 18kwg. not sure if I"m going to stay with 3 stone or move it to a solitaire.
Those are all after the wedding.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
At the moment I'm just saving for my college fees.

Once I qualify I will be saving for a house and will upgrade my car. That BGD ring that OP posted is also on my list for when I qualify. I adore it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Currently working on saving for:

A house, SO and I want to be able to purchase eventually.

Hunting gear, including clothes, boots, tree stand, and ammo

hopefully going to work on my little traveling and eating idea I have. but that is very long term.

Christmas :rolleyes:

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
A house! I'd like to say that some of the money is for a new car (mine is 10 years old, so I give it another 2-4 years before it dies) and something sparkly, but I know that everything we save is really going towards the house for now. I think we'll be ready in one more year. We just kind of save as much as possible and then prioritize - we don't have separate savings accounts for separate things.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully my trip back to the Mediterranean in the Fall of next year! My mom and I want to cruise the other side (Greece), and I would ideally like to do it before I get pregnant again.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Family trip to Hawaii in March.
Next semester tuition for DH
My student loans-want to pay it off as quickly as possible
Diamond studs (still!)
Fall wardrobe pieces
Trip to Budapest summer 2011

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
A house and a trip.

Ideally we'd like to save up money to take a honeymoon but I'd rather we use the money towards a house at this point.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Short term- I would luuuurve some diamond studs. Just looking for a good deal.

Long term- A house, though it seems so far away... And we'll probably start saving for contributing to our wedding and honeymoon soon too.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Right now we're saving for a house down payment! We've actually got enough for what we will need (3.5% on an FHA mortgage and we know our top price) so now we're saving additionally for furniture and closing costs.

I am hell bent and determined to go back to Hawaii for our 5th anniversary next year. We were married on Maui, and it would be great to go back. One big vacation just the two of us before we TTC. So I'm stashing away little bits here and there for that, and crossing my fingers for a Christmas bonus for DH!

My personal cash stash is saving for either a Mini Dreams of Africa pendant, or a garland band, or a DBTY.... indecisive much? :rodent: Oh well, it'll take ages to save up the moolah, so I'm not worried. I'll make a decision eventually....

geckoindecisive.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
Husband and I were just discussing this today.

6 months: a 2nd car, either a Honda Odyssey or a Toyota Sienna. Didn't think we'd ever need, much less want a minivan but we rented one when family was in town and really liked all the addt'l space.

2.5 years: A house!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Bulking up my rainy day fund and a trip to NZ.

BoulderGal

Shiny_Rock
First, we're saving to fix up our unfinished basement.

Second, what I'd *really* like to have is the platinum/diamond/blue sapphire version of the BGD ring in the original post. I'm getting really obsessed with it, because it's so dang gorgeous! :love:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Early retirement! :saint: It doesn't sound as fun as everyone else's, especially the LM Lotus (swoon! :love: ), but it's true!

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
I'm always saving for vacations and tuitions.
Would 'love' to reset my e-ring but.....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
* rebuild "rainy day" fund after paying for some house repairs cut into it a bit
* retirement (ha! so unsexy!)
* spending $$ for our anniversary trip in Oct

The next thing on my bling radar is (always) the Tiffany Lucida bezel pendant. :rolleyes: One day, people. ONE FINE DAY.

ETA: I talk about the thing so g*d*amn often I'm surprised you guys haven't started a virtual tin cup charity collection for me. :nono: :rodent: KIDDING! KIDDING!!!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
We're throwing moeny at our mortgage to retire the debt ASAP. Of course, it would help if I could find a damn job! ;(

Astra

Rough_Rock
Motorcycle trip to Scotland 8/2011

NYC hopefully somewhere in march/april/2011

Scuba diving in Dubrovnik next month :bigsmile:

After that will be saving money for moving to USA :Up_to_something:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun thread!

We're saving for:
- A big gift for my sister's wedding
- Scotland/England 2011 trip
- Itally 2012 trip
- ANOTHER bicycle for DH. I saved $1,000 over the last year, but then I learned that $1,000 does not buy you a great bicycle. SO, I'm saving again and hoping to surprise him with another chunk of cash for an even better bike in two years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results