shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you doing with your tax return.......?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
if you are getting one, that is.

We are actualy getting a larger than normal return this year, but we are just going to save it, no spending on bling. I am actually trying to decide the best option of where to place it.
2.gif

So, what are you doing with yours?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going to ferret it away with all the rest of my money. I''m such a miser.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's going directly into my wedding ring fund. If I weren't in the midst of saving (like CRAZY) for that, it would just lump back into my general savings account.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea how much we''re getting back, but we hired an accountant, so hopefully he''ll prove to be a great $375 investment! We will put the money in savings, for sure, and not spend it on any fun toys since DH and I both purchased some fun new toys last year. We''re considering buying a new car, so the $ may go toward a down pmt.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We never get a refund. We do get a "bonus" in a month or so and the majority of that is already signed away to retirement funds. Then university tuition for our eldest daughter. Maybe, just maybe, there will be a bit left over for me to get my new setting, but I will have to wait and see. And I supposed I have to actually decide on which setting too, since this actually is our 25th anniversary this year, and the purchase was "planned".
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saving it in the house fund. I get a bonus around the same time too and I am going to start a college fund for TTot with half of it. The rest gets saved as well.

Yeah, I know, boring.
20.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Putting it towards paying off DH''s truck..... I hate car payments!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Buying a new couch, and putting the rest towards a vacation (maybe a cruise)

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Extra spending money at Disney World in a month with Chris. I can''t wait!!! I''m "sure" his return will be going towards the diamond he decided on for my e-ring, at least it better be!!
12.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 9:01:31 PM
Author: marvel
Paying my property taxes
20.gif

Me too. Boy did they go up this year.

If there''s any left after that, we usually roll it into the house projects because Turbo Tax gives you a bonus if you get a portion of it back in giftcards and Lowes is one of the available companies. I think it''s like a 10% extra bonus. We use it to buy things we were already planning, like the grill 2 years ago.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I got WAY more (like three times more) than I expected, so I am spending about half of my refund to have this spessartite rough cut for my mom to give to her as a present at my wedding. The other half will go on the mortgage.

I save about 30% of my income each month (between retirement acct., savings accounts, and extra mortgage payments) so I figure this is a good chance to splash out for mom, guilt free.

orange spess2.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey, not to make you jealous, but my property taxes went DOWN this year. Heeheee! Thank you Mr. Lawyer-that-our-condo-association-hired! My share of his fees was only $26 too. Sometimes, living in dense vertical stacks is rather handy.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Ours has already been deposited into our savings account for a house, and it''s going to be spent on something house related quite soon!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I think I just lied. I may get two rose gold micropave eternity bands, ala vespergirl. I love them!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
A portion is going to be set aside for the studs I''ve asked for to celebrate our 1st anniversary in June (yay!), and then the rest is going to pay bills/car repairs (ick!).

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We're getting a Bowflex. Woohoo.
20.gif
But needed.

SO is putting some into my ring fund, getting me a tattoo, and I'm gonna save the rest of mine for a wedding fund.

julabean

Shiny_Rock
Mine went towards a stupid stats class I have to take as a prereq for graduate school.
28.gif
Blah. So not fun at all. It should have gone towards our wedding!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
We got a good sized return this year. DH puts extra in because we can''t manage to save money otherwise. This way, we actually get a bit of money saved for big purchases.

Mattress and topper (delivered yesterday)
Valentine''s Day extravaganza (first that wasn''t just a card)
amethyst ring (included in the aforementioned extravaganza)
Wisdom Teeth Removal (March 14, should suck a lot)
Paid off credit card (which we just got in November and had maxed out by Jan)

Yay! Now back to our budgeted lives!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two weeks in Italy.

First year of joint home ownership - yay!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 10:06:31 AM
Author: sumbride

Date: 2/27/2008 9:01:31 PM
Author: marvel
Paying my property taxes
20.gif

Me too. Boy did they go up this year.

If there''s any left after that, we usually roll it into the house projects because Turbo Tax gives you a bonus if you get a portion of it back in giftcards and Lowes is one of the available companies. I think it''s like a 10% extra bonus. We use it to buy things we were already planning, like the grill 2 years ago.
They do?! I haven''t submitted my Turbo Tax yet so I''m gonna look into this one!! Sorry for the threadjack!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m just saving it! Boring, I know. I might use some in Costa Rica when I go there next week, but apparently there isn''t much to buy there, so probably not!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What tax refund?
8.gif
We ALWAYS have to pay but it looks like less than $100 this year. Woo hoo!!! That''s almost like getting a refund for me. Enjoy spending your refunds everyone.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Refund?
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results