shape
carat
color
clarity

STUPID Stuff That Makes Me Happy

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I thought I'd start a thread of stupid little things that make me happy. I think some days we all need a little bit of cheering. Maybe you'll add your stuff! :appl:

When my dog throws her toys around and plays, just for fun, by herself. I like to join in :))

The (occasional) day when both the sheets AND the towels are clean and fresh. It's like a hotel! :appl:

A few drops of lavender on my pillow when I go to sleep.

A sun shower! Awesome! :love:

Washing my hands in warm water. (This is REALLY stupid, but it takes forever for the hot water to reach the taps and I'm usually just too impatient. When I take the time and relax, it feels nice on achy joints)

Reading threads on PS! You guys are the best! Some of you are courageous even though you are having a tough time, some of you are plain smart, some of you irritate me, some of you make me laugh out loud. But I'm NOT bored! Thanks, guys! :appl:

What little things make you happy?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
iLander said:
Washing my hands in warm water. (This is REALLY stupid, but it takes forever for the hot water to reach the taps and I'm usually just too impatient. When I take the time and relax, it feels nice on achy joints)

I like this at work. They tend to keep the place too cold, so going into the bathroom to run the hot water over my hands...heaven.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
ilander,
Great thread, thinking many of us need something like this now.. You are a breath of fresh air, and your doggie is sooooo cute.

It's the little things that make me happy.

I will have to think of them and come back... But they are super minor.

I don't need any of the big stuff. Heck having hubby change the light bulb in the shower will make my day.... :sun:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
What a great idea for a thread!

I love it when my kittens come up and give me nose kisses (though one of the boys invariably ends up trying to nibble my hair).

Grabbing an armful of freshly dried, warm laundry.

Snuggling into bed with my electric blanket.

Opening my closet and getting a whiff of my perfume - I rarely wear it but I like to spritz jackets with it before putting them in the closet - and I love it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soft things. I don't care what it is, a stuffed animal, my cat, my kids heads, the silky part on a blanket, I'm constantly touching and feeling things. I'm Lenny.

Fabric colors and patterns. I spend a lot of time playing on Etsy looking at different fabrics..just because. I've had a couple things made by a seller there and they make me happy, seeing the colors/patters matched together. If I had more funds, I would have all kinds of different things made of the fabrics I love..little zippy pouches, purses, wallets, stuffed animals, clothes for the kids.

And I like to color. I especially like getting a brand new box of Crayolas, the big huge box, and smelling it. I like big pictures to color w/out tons of itty bitty details.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
packrat said:
Soft things. I don't care what it is, a stuffed animal, my cat, my kids heads, the silky part on a blanket, I'm constantly touching and feeling things. I'm Lenny.

Fabric colors and patterns. I spend a lot of time playing on Etsy looking at different fabrics..just because. I've had a couple things made by a seller there and they make me happy, seeing the colors/patters matched together. If I had more funds, I would have all kinds of different things made of the fabrics I love..little zippy pouches, purses, wallets, stuffed animals, clothes for the kids.

And I like to color. I especially like getting a brand new box of Crayolas, the big huge box, and smelling it. I like big pictures to color w/out tons of itty bitty details.

:lol:

I just found that funny. :razz:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packy, that's so cute :bigsmile:

All things red make me happy. And the looks on DH's face when I invariably choose the red whatever-they-ares make me giggle. ::)

charbie

Ideal_Rock
B.E.G. said:
packrat said:

:lol:

I just found that funny. :razz:
Hahah! Me too...packy is very special....

(I love soft things, too)

charbie

Ideal_Rock
LOVE this thread....I hope we keep it going for a bit.
Not all of these are really stupid...but little things I take joy in.
I love when I pet my dog, buddy, that charlie feels the need to jump in and snuggle super close to me. That boy loves attention.
The cool side of the pillow on a hot day.
When my husband grabs my hand to hold just out of the blue.
A fresh mani/pedi.
Winning a yogurt parfait in the mcdonalds monopoly when I get my morning coffee.
The smell of puppies.
The smell and touch of babies bald heads. They are so soft...I could rest my face cuddled into a babies head forever.
Peeling off nail polish and it comes off in one big piece! Accomplishment!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
When someone says something mean about someone and that same person happens to experience "Bad Karma" is a B#%&TCH on the same day!. THAT MAKES ME BEYOND HAPPY! lol

A good cup of coffee

Sleeping in

a kiss from my hubby

Comfortable shoes

A GOOD hair day!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really love watching animal videos on YouTube. See if this one makes you guys smile like it did me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_sfnQDr1-o
I also like looking up Friends Bloopers
It makes me happy with my friends and husband smile
It makes me happy with my cat snuggles me (his big snuggles)
It makes me happy to hear my hubby talking to our kitties
It makes me happy with my boss is being goofy
It makes me happy with a really good song comes on the radio and I'm not in a shy mood and can sing at the top of my lungs (and dance, although I do a mean Elaine dance so I don't do that very often in public)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My doggies have the same routine every morning to wake me up... They crack me up, and love that they kiss me all over...

The bird, she's still hanging in there, and singing her same song, but never get tired of it. I call her the one hit wonder...

My kids, just checking in all the time, really makes my day.

My friends are so wonderful. I am truly blessed.

Husband when he's here is fine too, LOL!!! He travels a lot!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, this *is* a nice pick-me-up.

I just got a kitten: kitten makes me happy.

Also, seeing my staid older cat kick up her heels to play with him? HAPPY.

Being in New York. I tried moving away for work, but having been back for a while, I have to admit, everything about this place makes me happy - rats on the subway tracks, leaves changing colors, random smart-asses being loud on the street, crafts fairs, farmers markets, rooftop-houses ... I love EVERYTHING about my city.

The sun coming in through my skylight to wake me up in the morning: the moon shining through at night to lull me to sleep.

My students. They are so awesome. Today, one of them bashfully inquired as to whether she could just come and chat with me about a random book she loved, just 'cause she didn't know anybody else who'd read it. LOVE!

The "Opulence: I Haz It" commercial. I'm Russian, it's okay if I laugh!

Having my Halloween costume set: knowing I'm going to NOLA for my third anniversary, and a dapper Halloween!

My best friend just gave me a TON of perfume samples from Sniffapalooza. I smell *good.*

Buying proper seamed stocking, for the perfect finishing touch.

A good at-home manicure.

All of this makes up for the fact that tomorrow is going to be a day from hell. Mitigation, I haz it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot one... A dear friend, my heating pad.... Can't sleep without her... :snore:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Circe said:

I just got a kitten: kitten makes me happy.

Also, seeing my staid older cat kick up her heels to play with him? HAPPY.

Being in New York. I tried moving away for work, but having been back for a while, I have to admit, everything about this place makes me happy - rats on the subway tracks, leaves changing colors, random smart-asses being loud on the street, crafts fairs, farmers markets, rooftop-houses ... I love EVERYTHING about my city.

The sun coming in through my skylight to wake me up in the morning: the moon shining through at night to lull me to sleep.

My students. They are so awesome. Today, one of them bashfully inquired as to whether she could just come and chat with me about a random book she loved, just 'cause she didn't know anybody else who'd read it. LOVE!

Having my Halloween costume set: knowing I'm going to NOLA for my third anniversary, and a dapper Halloween!

My best friend just gave me a TON of perfume samples from Sniffapalooza. I smell *good.*

Buying proper seamed stocking, for the perfect finishing touch.

A good at-home manicure.

All of this makes up for the fact that tomorrow is going to be a day from hell. Mitigation, I haz it!

Kitteh!!!!!!!! Pictures? :)

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a cute thread!

So much makes me happy. I'm ridiculously easy to please.

Snuggles and back tickles are my definition of heaven. Just thinking about them makes me smile.

AthenaWorth, I also love looking at animal videos. To be precise, videos of Yorkshire Terriers. I am actually far more of a cat person than a dog person, and after having owned my share of Rottweilers and Alsatians and Labradors, one would definitely expect me to be more of a big dog person... Right? Well, no. There's just something so cute and cuddlesome about little Yorkies that makes me want to go out and adopt a dozen. To start.

Logically I know my lifestyle right now can't accommodate a pet... But I want a Yorkie!

*sigh*

For now I will just look at the Yorkie videos on YouTube and Vimeo. They make me happy. :)

And knowing that my 71 year old grandma will be coming to visit me next month also makes me happy. I know she is going to blow into my little town like a hurricane, complain about the lack of decor in my townhouse, the lack of art, how much weight I have gained and how I "need to do something" about my hair. I know she will demand to be taken out to nice restaurants so that she can show off her designer clothes and handbags and scarves and her enviably slim ankles in her designer stiletto heels and then complain that she can't eat anything because the restaurants are not halaal. I know that she will criticise the lack of variety in my spice cupboard - how can I expect her to make a 3 different curries with only one type of masalla?! What do I mean they don't sell fresh danhia in my town - does that mean I don't grow my own?! Did I really go to that deli and pay a fortune for Basmati rice when I could just pop into Lalla's and get a huge bag there for next to nothing. Blah blah blah.

But thinking about it makes me smile because I know she will love visiting me and I will love having her and it's sad that her health is starting to go and she won't be around for much longer. So I'm happy that I can still spend this time with her. :)

soocool

Ideal_Rock
When no one is home and I get the entire house to myself and I can watch a favorite movie or read a book in peace.

Finding a bra that finally fits.

My daughter taking me shopping and pulling outfits for me to try on.

My DD treating me to lunch at a real restaurant, not a Wendy's.

Watching the finches on the birdfeeder.

Watching the squirrels and/or rabbits playing tag in the backyard.

Cleaning out the closet or drawers and finding stuff I forgot I had

Rubbing my dog's belly

Watching my dog get excited when he gets a new toy. He carries it with him everywhere for the first couple of days and even sleeps with it. The latest one plays "Who Let the Dogs Out." when you toss it on the floor and he decided to toss it at 3am. Now it goes in the closet when we go to bed.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
The way my yorkie girl growls when she wants something. She's a major talker... and it really is talking.

I love reading in a nice hot bubble bath.

The way my youngest horses insists on breathing in my ear every morning while I close the side gate before letting him out.

Releasing little mousies from sticky traps. I wanted to get rid of them.... but not like that... the little guy hung out as if thanking me.

The way my kitten sits on my shoulder while I'm doing barn chores.

Singing at the top of my lungs to loud music in my truck with the windows down.

Watching Young Riders on Netflix (b/c I'm a dork)

Seeing the new calves next door. They just had two late year calves, and they are so cute.

Strawberry Ice Cream with gummy bears.

Warm milk with almond essence and cinnamon on a cold night.

Soup and grilled cheese.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
The way my yorkie girl growls when she wants something. She's a major talker... and it really is talking.

I love reading in a nice hot bubble bath.

The way my youngest horses insists on breathing in my ear every morning while I close the side gate before letting him out.

Releasing little mousies from sticky traps. I wanted to get rid of them.... but not like that... the little guy hung out as if thanking me.

The way my kitten sits on my shoulder while I'm doing barn chores.

Singing at the top of my lungs to loud music in my truck with the windows down.

Watching Young Riders on Netflix (b/c I'm a dork)

Seeing the new calves next door. They just had two late year calves, and they are so cute.

Strawberry Ice Cream with gummy bears.

Warm milk with almond essence and cinnamon on a cold night.

Soup and grilled cheese.

You have a yorkie? Kyoooooooooooot! Where are her pictures?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Kittens do it for me too. Problem is with 4 cats, I think I'm on a kitten ban. :nono:

The way my husband smells.

Fresh bed linen.

Being beside a fire in a storm.

Watching my cats groom one another or listening to them purr - ideally as I fall asleep (yes they sleep on the bed, don't judge me)

Chocolate.

Being warm.

New stuff.

Looking for lines where there aren't any - curse you evap.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie said:
iLander said:

I like this at work. They tend to keep the place too cold, so going into the bathroom to run the hot water over my hands...heaven.

Same here! So cold!!!

Let's see. For me:

A warm bath. Actually, more like scalding hot I may be boiling myself but thank GOD I'm warm bath.

DH playing with my hair when I'm in for the night. It's rather stlyed, and the minute he knows I'm not going out again he loves to mess it up.

Hot chocolate.

Caramel. Is there anything better?

Hugs. Blood pressure immediately drops.

Toast and chicken noodle soup. Mmmmm.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
sashamae.jpg

Here ya go trekkie

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love an occasional rainy day, that I don't have to work, with a good movie on TV and someone to snuggle with.

Oh, and a grilled cheese and tomato soup. :appl: :love:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
sashamae.jpg

Here ya go trekkie

She is adorable! Definitely needs her own thread with hundreds of pictures!

Beautiful.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Circe said:

OMG! I LOOVVEE that commercial. I rarely see a commercial I enjoy, and that one makes me laugh EVERY time! :D

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
I love, love, LOVE this thread!!

Fresh, clean, super crisp sheets! I use Downy with Febreeze and everything is so warm and SOFT when it comes out of the dryer!!

When our yorkie and border collie/lab and the cat start wrestling and playing. It's a riot and DH and I laugh sooo hard! P.S. I'm loving all the people who say yorkies make them happy. Ours certainly does!

When the whole family (DH, two dogs, cat, and me) are all crammed in the bed, no one has any room but we're all snuggled and warm and accounted for. That makes me very content.

Spending time with family (parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and now DH's family). I can appreciate this time more now that I'm older.

Doing nice things for other people - picking up something they dropped, being able to give directions if they ask, taking care of something for DH so he doesn't have to worry about it, or just having a really nice dinner ready for DH when he gets home. All are very rewarding to me.

What an awesome thread...very uplifting :D

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love watching the rain outside while I am warm and cosy inside.

I love it when my little boy James sneaks in bed with me and snuggles up. He is still my baby.

I love that feeling when you wake up in the morning and realise you don't have to get up!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trekkie said:
This is such a cute thread!

And knowing that my 71 year old grandma will be coming to visit me next month also makes me happy. I know she is going to blow into my little town like a hurricane, complain about the lack of decor in my townhouse, the lack of art, how much weight I have gained and how I "need to do something" about my hair. I know she will demand to be taken out to nice restaurants so that she can show off her designer clothes and handbags and scarves and her enviably slim ankles in her designer stiletto heels and then complain that she can't eat anything because the restaurants are not halaal. I know that she will criticise the lack of variety in my spice cupboard - how can I expect her to make a 3 different curries with only one type of masalla?! What do I mean they don't sell fresh danhia in my town - does that mean I don't grow my own?! Did I really go to that deli and pay a fortune for Basmati rice when I could just pop into Lalla's and get a huge bag there for next to nothing. Blah blah blah.

But thinking about it makes me smile because I know she will love visiting me and I will love having her and it's sad that her health is starting to go and she won't be around for much longer. So I'm happy that I can still spend this time with her. :)

I love this description of your grandma! I want to meet her!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results