shape
carat
color
clarity

So You Think You Can DANCE returns

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's possible I love this show even more than IDOL ... and definately more than LAST SEASON's Idol.

I made a crazy FEAST last night to celebrate the return ... and, yes, it's possible that feast involved SEVERAL margaritas
3.gif
... which may color my perception of the awesomeness of this episode just a tish.

Sure, it started a few weeks ago with auditions & picking the Top 20 blah blah -- but LAST NIGHT is where it starts to get GOOD. The first chance for the new "couples" to take to the big stage dance floor & shake. that. thing. mama.

IMO -- the first three numbers were AWE-TASTIC!!

I watched the first # (hip hop to Eve's "Tambourine") about fifteen times. I'm considering learning the choreography. It's that great. And yes I downloaded the song from Itunes today because I am a GEEK.

The #2 couple danced to Avril's "Girlfriend" and they were great

The #3 couple (including last year's winner Benji's sister + the most stunningly gorgeous man on television) did a fantabulous contemporary routine that almost had me in tears (can you hear the tequila talking -- even 18 hours later??
31.gif
)

Also of note was the kooky "Tramps doing Cabaret" routine by that ex-Britney/Justin choreographer dude. Danced by a b-girl & partner. Very interesting if not AS compelling as the first three. Honorable mention.

The last couple, dancing "Broadway" to The Wiz's Ease On Down The Road was kinda meh -- but they ended on it so the producers must have liked it.

Hard to tell who's gonna be awesome individually yet -- some folks lucked out & drew their specialty & others were totally out of their element ... but I AM SO EXCITED THIS SHOW IS BACK and I loves me some DANCE PARTY!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Anyone else catch it?? W/ or w/o a belly full o' BOOZE ...

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
ME ME ME!

Probably not surprised to hear that one!

I LURVE this show with my whole heart and soul! I definitely like it more than Idol...

I didn''t get to watch last night because I was at dinner with my Dad...but I tivoed it and I will watch tonight!

I lurve it! YAY!!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hands down FAVORITE show EVER!
ever. LOVE it.
30.gif

i tivo''d last night''s show b/c we had company over and i can''t just glance over i have to be GLUED to watch this show. it''s a requirement.
i can''t wait to watch
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
YEA!!! SYTYCD buddies forever!!!!!!

I can''t wait to hear what you guys think of the new batch of contestants!!! And the first set of KILLER ROUTINES!!!! I hope I didn''t give too much away or raise expectations too high but MAN ALIVE ... I LOVES THAT SHOW!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 2:48:04 PM
Author: jcrow
in memory of last season.
5.gif

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/214703/so_you_think_you_can_dance/

A classic!! It''s funny how Wade Robson realized this show was catching fire and suddenly made him self available! (He didn''t participate in Season 1 & only about 1/2 way through season 2).

If some folks DIDN''T Tivo ... but wanna catch up ... I found this link that has some clips from last night''s show & commentary.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wheee!! i am so jazzed, just as sucky summer TV starts we at least have something to feast our googlies on. we have been watching for the last few weeks...we are behind and have not seen last nite''s yet...but i am sooo hooked again. LOVE THIS SHOW. and the auditions were HEElarious. i particularly loved the guy who was a justin timberlake and n''sync fan...remember how he cried at the concert? oh yeah, summer entertainment rules.
5.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh please please count me in! I LOOOOVE SYTYCD! I didn''t get to watch last night cuz I was working frantically on dh''s father''s day gift..(his last night on biz trip--so had to finish before he gets home) but its on my TIVO.

Deco, did you watch the auditions for the last few weeks? They were great...not as good as the "meat" of the show, but awesome.

I normally don''t miss nights & I''m an avid voter.

I grew up dancing & can''t sit still during the whole thing. I have feet twitching, arms moving & am basically hopping around on my couch the whole time. Even DH is hooked. He gets very into it. We had a Benji vs. Travis thing last year (I liked both but Trav was my fave).

Can''t wait to watch tonight!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
diver, ha- you totally described me on the couch and up and about the living room while i watch. complete with lots of "OMG!!
and "whoa, how did he just do that?" and "i wanna see that again!" guess it''s my dance background too.
5.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
we watched this last year and this year as well, I only caught ONE of the audition shows, which like in idol (or even more than in idol) are freaking hilarious at times.

how do you feel about benji''s sister? I think she''s okay but that 18 year old girl with the brown hair they let go, I thought she was better. I dunno. what''s her name? Lacy? I think she did okay in her dance last night but whenver I see her I think of kelly osbourne LOL Jose cracked up when she said "Oh shhhut the door!" LOL I laughed when she said something about doing the nasty with clothes on. I think she''s naughtier than her brother... but it was good to see benji again (loved him) and dimitri and ivan and stanislav and a few of the others from last year. I didn''t catch the first year.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 5:52:07 PM
diver, ha- you totally described me on the couch and up and about the living room while i watch. complete with lots of ''OMG!!
and ''whoa, how did he just do that?'' and ''i wanna see that again!'' guess it''s my dance background too.
5.gif
Hee hee..I''m all about Shane Sparks. I''ve been a hip hop devotee since college..(ummm many years ago, seeing as my 20 year h.s. reunion is coming up) have the Jazz, tap, & ballet background before that....I still teach (well, up until a few months ago, I''m like buddha now with this baby belly) hip hop & salsa classes....

My classes LOVE it when SYTYCD is in season...I steal tons of moves from Shane''s routines or the latin stuff & we have a blast. I threaten DH with his life not to erase it off the tivo until I''ve learned the choreography.

Oh if I were young & unencumbered, I''d be at auditions in 2 seconds flat! LOL! (and cut for sure, but hey, is SO FUN TO WATCH---these kids are amazing...I would kill for their extensions & flexibility now!)

The b-boys & contemporary dancers always blow my mind because it looks so dang IMPOSSIBLE! Blow my mind...oh now I can''t wait for DH to get home from Chicago ... only 5 more hours & then I can catch up & watch it with him.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I JUUUST started watching yesturday. Honestly, I can''t bear to watch the audition shows, because my heart hurts for people that get shot down by the judges. I really hate that! So I start at the top 20 because I KNOW they have a futur in dancing no matter what happens. But I only start to get really attached to the characters at the top ten.

It''s strange because I DESPISE all reality shows, except for this one. I LOVE IT!

Although I find it a little strange that a few of the contestents have links to other contestants. Makes the world seem really small...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
COUNT ME IN, TOO! I haven''t watched any of the other seasons but I started watching this season and man oh man I LOVE it! I didn''t watch the auditions super closely but I am going to be watching the performance shows religiously.

I LOVED #2 and #3 blew my mind. I seriously got goosebumps watching it.

Hahaha-Deco, tears would have been pouring down my face if I had a few margaritas flowing through the bloodstream! Tequila makes me a *smidge* emotional! And dancy! Hahaha!

Man I wish I had margaritas when I was watching it last night! I might have to make that happen for next week-YUM!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 7:16:35 PM
Author: allycat0303
I JUUUST started watching yesturday. Honestly, I can't bear to watch the audition shows, because my heart hurts for people that get shot down by the judges. I really hate that! So I start at the top 20 because I KNOW they have a futur in dancing no matter what happens. But I only start to get really attached to the characters at the top ten.

It's strange because I DESPISE all reality shows, except for this one. I LOVE IT!

Although I find it a little strange that a few of the contestents have links to other contestants. Makes the world seem really small...
I'm not a fan of reality shows either, I don't even watch AI except sometimes the audition shows and the finale - which I missed the entire season this last time. I did get into rockstar INXS which culminated in a pretty wild and crazy girls weekend involving a lot of drinking, a band member staying in our room, and free tickets in the reserved area 4th row center for the second night bahahaha and that's all I'm sayin' here! It was like being 21 again LOL

As for SYTYCD, there was one really cool guy from auditions who *technically* got invited to go to choriography, but everyone knew he wouldn't make it past that... more that he was just so heartwarming. I have a link to him. Also, a woman with one arm made it into the top 17 girls! Nigel really wanted her to make it but alas, she just wasn't as good
7.gif

Here's the guy... he has scoliosis (sp?) and did this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw5LEA_VEj8

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 5:46:40 PM
Author: divergrrl
I can''t sit still during the whole thing. I have feet twitching, arms moving & am basically hopping around on my couch the whole time.
MEE TOOO ... and I''m not even a true "dancer". I tend to judge the awesomeness of the routines by how twitchy I get watching it!! That Hairspray number from last season had me doing "the bump" to my armchair ...
20.gif
3.gif

I didn''t know you taught hip-hop Diver???!!! I wish I lived in your area -- I would TOTALLY take class. Even though I''m middle-aged & plump. There aren''t ANY good classes by me -- I took one at Vassar (full up of freshman
32.gif
) but it was cancelled for "lack of interest".
39.gif
This show makes me ACHE for my old class at Chelsea Piers.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 7:54:15 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
As for SYTYCD, there was one really cool guy from auditions who *technically* got invited to go to choriography, but everyone knew he wouldn''t make it past that...

Here''s the guy... he has scoliosis (sp?) and did this:
That guy was *genius* .... I loved how Shane Sparks said he''d try to feature him in his new movie ... (Shane previously choreographed YOU GOT SERVED or one of those similar dance movies)

That little hip swerve thing had me CRYING laughing -- what a charming, talented, inventive guy. I hope he does get a wider audience!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
one of my favorite moments of the auditions was with the hip hoppers 2 of them... and one was asked to do a swing b/c he said he could and i thought, man this is gonna suck, i don''t think he knows what he''s getting himself into & he pulled it out of the water with HUMOR. when he started swinging his legs around his shorter partner, i thought i was going to die on my couch laughing!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay this is slightly off topic, but I figure fans of this show would appreciate this....

This is from Britain''s Got Talent or something like that... simon cowell is amongst the judges.... anyway the top one is best, the second one is almost as good (both are amazing) the third one is good but skippable. If you only view one, do the top one.... WOW. http://www.aolvideoblog.com/2007/06/13/britains-got-talent-too/

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
JOY TIMES TEN!!!

This isn''t a spoiler so don''t worry ... just wanted to say that the live TV directing in the first number of tonight''s show is the BEST I''VE EVER SEEN. That **** is HARD ... so many cameras, such moves, reveals, highlighting the dance expertly. WOW WOW WOW WOW -- if this show doesn''t get a reality Emmy award nom this year it is CRIMINAL!

Tivo people ... watch it again & MARVEL! Unbelievable coordination between choreographer & director. STANDING "O" in my living room.

Won''t give anything else away ...

Hoo-ray!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I think CEDRIC was awesome!

Break dancing is cool!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 2:31:44 PM
hands down FAVORITE show EVER!

ever. LOVE it.
30.gif

It is one of my favorites too!!! (Right Up there with Lost) I am so addicted.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a fun show, last night was the first episode this season of which I happened to catch a few minutes. Sadly, it kind of makes me feel old, lol! Seems like yesterday I was out at the clubs with my girls thinking I could do some of those hip hop moves but probably making a blatant a$$ of myself....
9.gif

Hmm, maybe next Wednesday we''ll have to break out some margaritas. We have a really cute set of lime green bubbly glass margarita glasses and pitcher. I like them on the rocks with salt but maybe I''ll concoct another version in the blender just to add variety. I can tell you I won''t be making fish tacos using lard, but I will come up with some sort of Mexican cuisine if the mood strikes by then, lol!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Aggggghhh...y''all are killin'' me! Still waiting for DH to get in..his plane was delayed.
29.gif
He doesn''t want me to watch it without him. LOL...he''s so hooked.

mmmmm.....Deco...Margarita. Ya know, I have mixer, I have ice...I can just omit the tequila & have a kiddie one while I watch.....(preggers...no booze for diver) I wish we could have a PS/SYTYCD/margarita party! LOL. You''d have fun in my class...all ages/shapes. We are all about the fun...but I''m getting too pregnant, and there''s not so much hip left in my hop.

Could you all believe the FOOTBALL player who didn''t make it, but was incredible? I could not believe the level of his dancing after only 8 months of training. EIGHT MONTHS PEOPLE! That type of technique usually takes a decade or more & you have to start young (like age 4!) He will be an incredible dancer someday if he sticks with it. DH & I were blown away by him. His dad was a jerk for not supporting him.

And I loved the little guy with scoliosis, he was awesome & utterly unique. I was so happy that Shane wanted to get him a part in a movie.

Later! (off to make virgin margaritas!)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 12:32:05 AM
Author: divergrrl
Aggggghhh...y''all are killin'' me! Still waiting for DH to get in..his plane was delayed.
29.gif
He doesn''t want me to watch it without him. LOL...he''s so hooked.

mmmmm.....Deco...Margarita. Ya know, I have mixer, I have ice...I can just omit the tequila & have a kiddie one while I watch.....(preggers...no booze for diver) I wish we could have a PS/SYTYCD/margarita party! LOL. You''d have fun in my class...all ages/shapes. We are all about the fun...but I''m getting too pregnant, and there''s not so much hip left in my hop.

Could you all believe the FOOTBALL player who didn''t make it, but was incredible? I could not believe the level of his dancing after only 8 months of training. EIGHT MONTHS PEOPLE! That type of technique usually takes a decade or more & you have to start young (like age 4!) He will be an incredible dancer someday if he sticks with it. DH & I were blown away by him. His dad was a jerk for not supporting him.

And I loved the little guy with scoliosis, he was awesome & utterly unique. I was so happy that Shane wanted to get him a part in a movie.

Later! (off to make virgin margaritas!)
funny, my dh is as well which seems so off to me. This show is like the dance fever of the 00''s. I loved dance fever LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 9:47:36 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Okay this is slightly off topic, but I figure fans of this show would appreciate this....

This is from Britain''s Got Talent or something like that... simon cowell is amongst the judges.... anyway the top one is best, the second one is almost as good (both are amazing) the third one is good but skippable. If you only view one, do the top one.... WOW. http://www.aolvideoblog.com/2007/06/13/britains-got-talent-too/
oh boooo this link isn''t working anymore.....

try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ3xWrSJtLk

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoOoOoOoOohhhh I can''t wait ''til it comes to Australia!! I LOVED last year''s (I''ve always been a dance competitor in various styles) and looked forward to every Sunday night with great gusto
41.gif
I adored Alison from last year''s show, the contemporary dancer who I wanted to WIN!! That contemporary duet she did with (insert name here... can''t remember!) to Annie Lennox sent a chill up my spine.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 9:51:26 AM
Author: DandiAndi
OoOoOoOoOohhhh I can''t wait ''til it comes to Australia!! I LOVED last year''s (I''ve always been a dance competitor in various styles) and looked forward to every Sunday night with great gusto
41.gif
I adored Alison from last year''s show, the contemporary dancer who I wanted to WIN!! That contemporary duet she did with (insert name here... can''t remember!) to Annie Lennox sent a chill up my spine.
Ivan!!!! One of my favs was heidi and musa... I wonder if I can find that.... nope, I couldn''t
7.gif

But I *did* find these!!!! hahahahaha!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wQAag4SNMg&mode=related&search= 1992

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xjCj42J48&mode=related&search= 1989

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results