shape
carat
color
clarity

Scenes from JCK 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Before the start of JCK, Peter Yantzer, commander-in-chief of (arguably) the greatest cut-study resources in existence, was kind enough to invite us into his home for a pre-JCK ‘cut band camp.’

It was an afternoon of free thinking, discussion and admiration for the astonishing strides Jason Quick, Jim Caudill and Peter Yantzer are making at AGSL. It was quickly evident why we were invited: If I were on this staff of forward-thinkers I’d want to share it all too!

0531_PeterTeach1.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Complete openness and willingness to explain their most advanced internal research is what makes the AGS the most respected laboratory for cut grading today. Peter is a role model for the industry and his enthusiasm is infectious. The future is very bright (and has great contrast and scintillation!).

0531_PeterTeach2.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
AGS has a new version of the ASET that is stylish and flexible. Allowing more than one diamond at a time to be viewed, it’s dubbed the ‘Presentation ASET.’

Pundits of form and fashion call this iteration ‘sexier’ than prior equipment - which suits those wanting a more lab-esque appearance.

0531_ASETPres1.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Cut Camp Crew.

Left to right, Michael Cowing (ACA Gemlab), James Caudill (AGSL), Jason Quick (AGSL & Starship Enterprise), John Pollard (Whiteflash), Garry Holloway (Ideal-Scope/HCA), Wink Jones (Winfield’s), Peter Yantzer (AGSL), Maarten de Witte (Hearts On Fire).

0531CutCampPosse.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
(okay, not really)
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sir John, thanks so much for taking time out to post these for us! All of us " back at Camp PS" wish you all a FABULOUS time and nice drinkies etc!
3.gif
Cheers!
emcocktl.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Friends Paul and Lieve (Infinity) arrive with gifts. I’m holding a box of Belgian chocolate (it’s already missing a few pieces)… Hmm. Isn’t there a saying about ‘Belgians bearing gifts.’ ?

0531_BelgainsArrive.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 5:58:14 AM
Author: Lorelei
Sir John, thanks so much for taking time out to post these for us! All of us '' back at Camp PS'' wish you all a FABULOUS time and nice drinkies etc!
3.gif
Cheers!
emcocktl.gif
Thanks Lady Lorelei...

We wish you were here with us (members of camp PS) and have spoken of you fondly already.... But drinks? What drinks? This is a business trip you know.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
The next morning we gathered for breakfast like last year. John, Paul, Lieve and Wink (who took the photo) are joined by Gary Dutton (DiamondExpert on PS). The ‘gang’ flowed into our normal rhythm like practiced clockwork.

0601_Bkfst2.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
....blush!...Thanky Sir John! I meant by drinkies ORANGE SQUASH AND SODA OF COURSE!
12.gif
Yikes John, it must be 3 am for you! I wish I could be there too and meet you all!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Garry’s computer has a neat trick: An embedded fingerprint scanner. Only someone with his finger can access his hard drive. Probably a good idea since there are, what, only 3 or 4 computers available in Oz, right Garry?

0601_GarrySecurity.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
After lunch we moved on to the afternoon and... CUT!

Yes, we sat near the front.

First, the GIA presentation. Barak Green and Phil Yantzer (Peter’s brother) gave an overview of the GIA cut grading system.

GIA_Presenters.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results