shape
carat
color
clarity

Roommate horror stories?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
So I''m pretty fed up with my roommates at the moment and I thought maybe hearing some roommate horror stories (of present or past roommates) might help me remember that they comparatively aren''t that bad.

My roommates and I have pretty different groups of friends and they have people over ALL the time. Which would be fine expect they are inconsiderate when I''m trying to get some rest and they never clean up after them. I woke up this morning to a disgusting kitchen and popcorn all over the floor I vacuumed on my hands and knees this week (our vacuum sucks and works significantly better with the detachable hose...). I have politely asked them to clean up the popcorn but as of 5pm this evening it has not been touched...

This is one of their many traits that are currently driving me bonkers.

Please share you''re roommate horror stories if you have them!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I lived with this one chick in college and after it was over I was (no I am not kidding) diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder. The funny part is, its been 10 years and I can''t even remember what she did! Time heals all wounds I guess.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I was put with a random girl my sophomore year of college. She had an incredibly loud and obnoxious voice, and would talk non-stop about herself for hours. It got to the point where friends didn''t want to come up to my room and would ask me to meet them downstairs just to avoid her
7.gif
She would stay up late doing homework (past midnight) and just *had* to listen to music, without headphones, while working. Seriously? She claimed the cord on the headphones wasn''t long enough ... Uhh, then get an extension cord or just don''t listen to music! She drove me crazy. Though I felt extremely bad for her when her friends got an apartment without her the next year - I guess they couldn''t stand her either, but it was a very mean-girl thing to do.

The summer right after that I interned at a company that paid for our housing. We had a gigantic apartment with two huge bedrooms and bathrooms and a shared living room/kitchen. My roommate was dumb as a doornail, and never cleaned her stuff up (we had a cleaning lady, actually, that came with the apartment, but it was still annoying to have her clothes everywhere when she had a giant bedroom to put them in). She got ferrets at one point and while I''m a total animal lover, those things stunk to high heaven! It was so bad the smell made me gag while I was trying to eat
14.gif
My friends would stop by and try to be nice to her, but just couldn''t stand her. The worst was when my ex visited and though she wasn''t too bad! Argh. So he and his friend invited her to spend the whole evening hanging out with us. I was extremely close to homicide that night (of the ex and the roommate!).
12.gif

I guess I don''t have any *horror* stories, but I did live with some extremely annoying people. In fact, they are two of the most annoying people I''ve ever met, and I had to live with them! Haha. Otherwise I was extremely blessed to have fantastic roommates the last two years of college (and a single freshman year!)

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Daily I would wake up to a random new guy my roommate in college had dragged home with her from the bar the previous night....to add insult to injury on occasion said random guys would eat MY food in the fridge.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 5:54:21 PM
Author: elrohwen
I was put with a random girl my sophomore year of college. She had an incredibly loud and obnoxious voice, and would talk non-stop about herself for hours. It got to the point where friends didn''t want to come up to my room and would ask me to meet them downstairs just to avoid her
7.gif
She would stay up late doing homework (past midnight) and just *had* to listen to music, without headphones, while working. Seriously? She claimed the cord on the headphones wasn''t long enough ... Uhh, then get an extension cord or just don''t listen to music! She drove me crazy. Though I felt extremely bad for her when her friends got an apartment without her the next year - I guess they couldn''t stand her either, but it was a very mean-girl thing to do.

The summer right after that I interned at a company that paid for our housing. We had a gigantic apartment with two huge bedrooms and bathrooms and a shared living room/kitchen. My roommate was dumb as a doornail, and never cleaned her stuff up (we had a cleaning lady, actually, that came with the apartment, but it was still annoying to have her clothes everywhere when she had a giant bedroom to put them in). She got ferrets at one point and while I''m a total animal lover, those things stunk to high heaven! It was so bad the smell made me gag while I was trying to eat
14.gif
My friends would stop by and try to be nice to her, but just couldn''t stand her. The worst was when my ex visited and though she wasn''t too bad! Argh. So he and his friend invited her to spend the whole evening hanging out with us. I was extremely close to homicide that night (of the ex and the roommate!).
12.gif

I guess I don''t have any *horror* stories, but I did live with some extremely annoying people. In fact, they are two of the most annoying people I''ve ever met, and I had to live with them! Haha. Otherwise I was extremely blessed to have fantastic roommates the last two years of college (and a single freshman year!)

I read your post too quickly and at first I thought you wrote your roommate got turrets, as in turrets syndrome....LMAO. I suppose that would be worse than the stinky ferrets
2.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My roommate situations were generally really good, but I''ve had two at separate times that drove me nuts. One was very judgmental about everything and one didn''t like dorm life. The first one was someone I lived with while in grad school and the second was a roommate (one of 2) I had during my sophomore year in college. I don''t really have any horror stories but I didn''t see eye to eye with them on a lot of things, and I would have preferred not to live with either person.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 6:17:00 PM
Author: fsu1227
Date: 11/29/2009 5:54:21 PM

Author: elrohwen

7.gif

14.gif
12.gif

I read your post too quickly and at first I thought you wrote your roommate got turrets, as in turrets syndrome....LMAO. I suppose that would be worse than the stinky ferrets

2.gif

Bahaha oh the dangers of speed reading pricescope posts...

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I think I just got incredibly spoiled my freshman and sophomore year of college. Which is odd considering those are the years I shared a matchbox sized bedroom with another person and having no privacy. However, its been in the apartment and house that I''ve had roommate problems. I LOVED both of my roommates freshman and sophomore year. I only got upset with my freshman year roommate ONCE the entire year. And not even like yelling at her mad, just slightly frustrated with something she did and I got along almost as well with my sophomore year roommate. And at least if something she did bothered me I felt like I could talk to her about it.

Last year I liked my roommates but really enjoyed and needed time away from them about once a month. One of them was paranoid about our apartment getting broken into and made us lock the door at all times and wouldn''t even let us leave a window open at night, even though we were on the second floor. Overall though, she was pretty easy to live with. The other roommate was just a bit of a space cadet at times (mentally). There were a few times where I woke up at 3 or 4 am to all of the lights in the apartment on and her asleep in her room. She would also forget what she bought at the grocery store and either a) eat your food cause she thought it was hers or b) let her food go bad and start to smell or attract fruit flies cause she forgot that it was hers... She makes for a good story now but it was a bit irritating to live with for a year.

One of my current roommates left a knife in the couch, partially hidden in a blanket (as a accident but STILL!) thank god SO saw it before he sat down. And best of all, when confronted about it fessed up but didn''t apologize!

I''m enjoying these stories though, keep them coming!

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I had to get a roommate because my mom was moving out of state and I was going to stay. On the fourth of July, she had some friends over, whatever that''s fine. But then they were loud and I asked nicely for them to quiet down since I had to work the next day, but they didn''t. I ended up leaving at 2 or 3 in the morning to go sleep on the floor in my mom''s old house. Then when I came back in the morning, someone was sleeping on the couch and the place was a mess. Oh, and she got mad at me for leaving when I couldn''t sleep and she wouldn''t be quiet.

She got a dog, when our rental agreement said no pets. Her plan was to keep it in her room but I could hear it barking, and it was going to grow into a big dog. She ended up giving it to her boyfriend''s neighbor.

She would use all of the tp and not buy anymore, so I had to start hoarding it in my room so that she wouldn''t use it all.
There''s more, but it''s been a few years. Ugh, I''m glad I don''t live with her anymore!

BF had an equally terrible roommate at the same time.
I can''t remember too much from his experience.
BF had a halloween party, and he asked his roommate before hand if it was okay if he had people(since she regularly had people over on the weekends) she said it was so he had a party. Well a decent amount of people came over, and then it was getting later and some left. She came home drunk with 1 or 2 of her friends and was mad that people were there and that there were some cans or bottles around. Our friends didn''t like the way she was behaving so they started cleaning up. Then later in the evening she tried taking the pants off of one of our mutual friends. It was weird.
BF''s roommate was weird with tp too! BF''s mom bought him a huge costco size package of tp, so it all got used and so it was his roommates turn. She would always buy like a 4 pack of tp when it was her turn. It was so irritating that she wasn''t fair about it.
I can''t remember much. Their bathroom was insanely moldy and it was so gross! They got mice at one point and I think it was from the dog food she kept in the kitchen.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I had one that had a huge emotional outburst because she thought I stole her Valentine''s flowers and tried to pass them off as my own.. It was weird and carried on for about a week.

Another roommate would make tuna noodle casserole twice a week and leave it out on the counter to be smelly for days and days at a time. Only to eventually move it to soak in the sink. She never actually did the dishes, just let them sit. So, one day my other roommate and I decided that we wouldn''t do any dishes until she did something. They were piled high and allll over the counter. Messy roommate came home with a friend and loudly declared "Oh, I just LOVE how our dishes have completely taken over the kitchen." I about killed her. It still took her at least 2 more days to get to them. YUCK-O. I was sooo happy to have her move out!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first year roommate neglected to tell me that she had found other rooming arrangements for second year until I called her to tell her I''d got the microwave, toaster, and silverware covered - in August.

I''m still bitter about that one.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I had a roommate who was responsible for paying the electircal bill and didn''t. We had given our share of money to her. Anyway, I came home one day to find we had no electricity. When I called to inform them of the power outage they informed me it had been turned off due to lack of payment!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I lucked out with my college roommates my freshman and sohpomore years, but my sister isn''t so lucky.

Her (former) roommate and my sister got along fine for the first month. Then her roommate started skyping and talking on the phone till 2-3 am and then wake up around 7-8 am and get ready with all the lights on. My sister is quiet so she wouldn''t say anything, so I think the roommate thought it was okay, but really, come on?!

So then her roommate started getting mad at my sister for being messy- they moved around the room and her roommate took all my sister''s stuff and shoved it on her bed, along with an opened water bottle, which ruined all my sisters notebooks and oh yeah, I forgot to mention the fact that she ripped down my sister''s posters and those got ruined too. Then they got really catty and the roommate put a HAIRBALL on my sister''s bed- keep in mind my sister is a ging, and her roommate had BLACK hair- kind of unmistakable whose hair it is.

So then one day (oh 2 weeks ago) her roommate BLEW UP. She was like where the F**K is E*** and I NEED to talk to her. And the RA just happened to be walking by and said what is going on and the roommate replied- I need to talk to E*** and good thing she isn''t here right now or else I''d end up in jail! The RA was mad to say the least. So then they had a meeting together which went like this-

The roommate basically said that my sister had no idea how to live neatly because she didn''t grow up in an African American household. THat was her reasoning for my sister being a filthy, nasty pig. (her words, not mine!
32.gif
) She proceeded to say that my sister couldn''t let the suitemates in the room because of her stuff and proceeded to leave out the fact that she has friends come over and stay in her room, then she LEAVES and goes to class with my sisters stuff in the room. Ridiculous. Then she also mentioned the fact she couldn''t guarantee she wouldn''t get that mad again.

Ha the RA asked is both of the girls had talked to their parents and my sister said yes, my mom is really concerned about the situation, and her roommate said yes, I talked to her and she is very concerned because she knows how I get.
23.gif

Seriously?? That girl is pretty ridiculous. She was promptly moved based on the fact my sisters safety was threatened. I just dont get people like that!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let''s see...my freshman year I was paired up with a girl who told the other girls (and believed) I was a spy hired by her parents to live with her. She wanted to go into criminology which was scary. Of course they did send her a poster of an alien with glow in the dark eyes that said "we are watching you" on it. She would come back breathless saying that someone followed her from class. I was also told never to let her parents in our room. So strange. She had the highest most annoying voice I have ever hear on an adult and snored like a man. She stayed up late talking on AIM and she was a HEAVY typer. She had some obvious eating/body issues (would hide behind the door to change) and seemed obsessed with all foods related to pepperoni. So much so if I put a water in our shared fridge it would taste like it.
14.gif
She would also calorie count for ME
20.gif
unasked for of course. She had obvious mental problems and I felt badly for her but I moved out after the first quarter. It was too insane for me.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Damn, ladies! These stories are hilarious and awful.

My worst was the roomate I called the Chinless Wonder. (Seriously. Remember the vampires from "Blade II?" That was her. Only more passive-aggressive.) She insisted on leaving our front door unlocked. All the time. When I pointed it out to her, she claimed that she wanted her BF to come and go as he pleased. Then she put a fluorescent pink post-it that said "THE DOOR IS UNLOCKED" on the front door, on the outside, claiming she didn''t want her boyfriend to be confused.

Man, I hope their kids got their genes from the recessive alleles.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lived with roommates once. Long, convoluted story. Swore I''d never live with roommates again after that. I had my room ransacked, I was accused of stealing a dictionary (yes, a dictionary). I was made so uncomfortable that I would only go home to sleep, I spent a lot of time at friends'' homes waiting for the two crazies to go to bed so I could go home and do the same.

Landlords, now there a different story, I married the landlord who owned the property where the psychotic roommates lived.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Argh, roommates! After grad school i vowed to never live with another roommate ever again. Here''s a breakdown:

-- College roommate #1 - Hippie girl. Brought bed bugs into our room, which had to be fumigated and all laundry needed to be washed multiple times.
-- College roommate #2 - Religious girl who would spray the apt with holy water after my bf came over. She numbered her eggs to make sure I didn''t eat them (I don''t eat eggs) and positioned her shampoo at a certain angle and then accused me of using her shampoo when it was "moved".
-- Grad school roommate - Nice girl but not the most hygienic. She left menstrual blood on the toilet seat and condoms in the toilet. Ick.

Ah, it''s so good to be done with roommates!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
WARNING: disgusting post ahead!

One of my roommates used my loofah (DISGUSTING to begin with) after trimming "down there." She had red hair so it was very obvious what my loofah was covered in when I took it off the hook to use it. I was FURIOUS and called her out on it to her face...she didn''t have much to say, though. What grossed me out extra was the fact that she must have been using my loofah for a long time!

Obviously from then on I kept my loofah in my bedroom and brought it to the bathroom each time I showered. That was the last roommate I ever had, aside from my now-husband, who moved in with me once she moved out. I still get grossed out just thinking about that! UGH.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Last roommate before DH was a roller derby girl who freaked out that I preferred DH to her. Yeah... Prior to that, one who borrowed my car, got parking tickets and never told me or paid them sticks out. Also frosh year, watching the new roomie unpack her bong collection was alarming. There were some wonderful roommates along the way, but the bad ones stick out so much. I do have some complaints about my current roomie, but will let him stay for the time being.

Good luck with the popcorn!

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
I personally don't have any horror stories, but, my best friend did an internship and Disney World two years ago. She interviewed for a Video Tech. Design position and was told that was where she would be placed. She signed the contract and headed to Fl. only to be told that they didn't have a VTD spot for her and so she'd be working at the park handing out and cleaning strollers. They also provided her with room and board....three bedroom two bath apartment with 7 girls in it! Three in the master bedroom and two in the others.
40.gif
Seven girls who don't know each other and have to deal with such a horrible job in Fl. heat caused a lot of problems!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I have always had roommates who were close friends so we have always gotten along,but there was this one short term roommate...I was sharing an apartment with a friend who came home one day to advise me that he had been asked by the bishop of our church to temporaily house a member who had been thrown out of his familys home...fine always glad to help...but we wernt informed(nither was our bishop) that he had a major drug problem(cocaine)and owned some serious drug money to a drug dealer( found out later that his parents threw him out to protect his younger sibling from this drug dealer) and he was hiding from them in our apartment...story gets better...One day while cleaning we find two pair of womans panties in the apartment(is this guy into wearing them?...no...worse... he finally told us that they belong to his new girlfriend...an under age high school girl and also the girl friend of the drug dealer who he owes money too...he was sent packing that very minute and never heard from him since!

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I had one of those that left doors unlocked and standing wide open. I had to call the police to do a walk-through with me one night when I came home to an empty dark house with nobody home and doors literally standing wide open. We shared a house, and to make matters even worse, she started dating the landlord. So, landlord was always loafing around there, I had no privacy, I had to get a rental unit to lock up my valuable items in, an as soon as I could, I found a 1BR apartment and moved out.

A co-worker's daughter at an upscale private college was in a deluxe dorm with only two students per room. Her roomie left a candle burning in the room when nobody was home. It started a fire that engulfed their room and ruined everything in it, and also made several other dorm rooms uninhabitable due to smoke damage plus no electricity until the wiring could be repaired.

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
Well, let's see. You know how they say you don't truly know someone until you live with them? That was definitely my situation. The first girl I ever lived with was a friend prior to us being roommates (not best friends or super close, but still) and I didn't see what happened coming from a mile away.

She:

- was *super* disgustingly messy. As in, I once went in to her tiny bedroom to talk to her and counted over 20 old Big Gulp cups all over her room, including one that had spilled on her lampshade and end table and had never been cleaned up! Of course, her cleanliness, or lack thereof, was not contained to the bedroom.

- stole money from me. I didn't find out until just before she left because the money wasn't coming from my wallet, but rather in the rolls of coins I'd been saving for years for a "rainy day" It still equaled about $300.

- wouldn't give me money for any of the bills. Of course I paid them so we wouldn't lose power, or say, heating when it's -30 celcius.

- also found out one day she had stolen and was wearing an expensive bra of mine. Which is funny as I am a C cup and she was an A. Not happy but got it back. Then a few days later find the bra to be missing again and go to her room. As we were talking, she goes to grab something from the floor, bends over and I see the top of the matching underwear!
6.gif
29.gif
23.gif

- At the time I was really bad with confrontation, so I was trying to decide what to do about the situation. But in the end I didn't have to do anything, because apparently she was also not paying rent so they kicked her out of the apartment (and because they knew I was paying on time every month, let me stay).

I didn't have a roommate for a looong while after that, I was pretty traumatised by the whole experience. Especially when I found out she was telling people after she got kicked out that *I* was schizophrenic.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Sophomore year rented an apartment in an old house in Ann Arbor with my friend Mary. She decided to do the second semester in Spain. The girl she sublet to

was a former junior beauty queen from Wisconsin. She was a member of some very conservative Christian church. She would wait up for me everynight to make sure I was okay. She spent hours trying to save me. She cried a lot because her parents were not "saved" and were going to hell when they died. She was always on the phone to her boyfriend in Wisconsin and when he would visit he''d lie on the floor next to her bed and they''d hold hands all night. She repeatedly tried flushing sanitary napkins down the hundred year old plumbing and left the mess for me.

Then when the good Christian moved out she stuck Mary with a $300 phone bill.

When I moved out the "Reverend" who owned the house said he''d return my security deposit if I slept with him, but that''s another story.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Oh man where do I begin
38.gif

First apartment lived with two girls.

Roommate #1 moved in her 31 year old boyfriend (we were all 19) into our appartment without letting us know. I noticed because there was a spike in our electricity bill. When we found out, we said he had to go. So she moved out with him, broke the lease, and stole a bunch of our stuff on the way out. Roommate #2''s mom got her to sign a letter saying that she was giving up the security deposit at the end of the lease.

Roommate #2 went crazy. She peirced her tongue and nose, started smoking cigarretes, quit her job, and dropped out of school. ALL IN THE SAME NIGHT!!! I was left to pay the $800 rent and all of the bills by myself. Her mom came to pick her up so I had the apartment to myself but in the process her mother left me a rather nasty letter about how her daughter will be entitled to the security deposit because I ate off of the plates/pots/pans that she purchased. Then they left me a check for the rest of the month''s rent which bounced and I never got the money. I ended up failing every class because I had to work 70+ hours just to pay the rent and bills.

Second apartment with one girl

It was "ok" living with her but she was super dramatic. She was also a little too wild for my taste. Lots of late night partying. She was married but he was in the military so she used to have boyfriends (and girlfriends) over while he was away.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 2:03:39 AM
Author: jewelerman
I have always had roommates who were close friends so we have always gotten along,but there was this one short term roommate...I was sharing an apartment with a friend who came home one day to advise me that he had been asked by the bishop of our church to temporaily house a member who had been thrown out of his familys home...fine always glad to help...but we wernt informed(nither was our bishop) that he had a major drug problem(cocaine)and owned some serious drug money to a drug dealer( found out later that his parents threw him out to protect his younger sibling from this drug dealer) and he was hiding from them in our apartment...story gets better...One day while cleaning we find two pair of womans panties in the apartment(is this guy into wearing them?...no...worse... he finally told us that they belong to his new girlfriend...an under age high school girl and also the girl friend of the drug dealer who he owes money too...he was sent packing that very minute and never heard from him since!

Ah thats so scary!!!! Gosh none of my roommates have drug problems or are being hunted by drug dealers... there''s something to be thankful for.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Wow there are some super gross and/or scary stories in this thread!

I've never had a roomate. There is no way I would've been able to deal with this type of stuff.

I've got a "roomate" now (BF), and he's the most perfect roomate ever
4.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 10:50:58 AM
Author: lilyfoot
Wow there are some super gross and/or scary stories in this thread!

I''ve never had a roomate. There is no way I would''ve been able to deal with this type of stuff.

I''ve got a ''roomate'' now (BF), and he''s the most perfect roomate ever
4.gif

Wow I can''t believe you''ve never had a roommate.

I like a lot of aspects about having a roommate, but there definitely are some costs to it as well. I get really paranoid in a house or apartment by myself so its nice having others around but I definitely get fed up with constantly cleaning up after people.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
WOW, some of these stories are DISGUSTING and scary!

The worst roomie I ever had was someone I knew before moving in... she turned out to be messy, and weird. She always would accuse me of using her makeup- because otherwise she wouldn''t get pink eye. Uhhh, I never used her makeup - she used mine, and I''ve never had pink eye... she also would wear my clothes return them unwashed and soiled, and would steal things from me. From movies, cds, to a gameboy! haha! Crazy stuff indeed. She was also always late w/ the rent and utilities, so I was always worried about gettting fined. It sucked.

The other roomies were cordial and very sweet.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I had a terrible roommate my freshman year of college. It started out okay, I offered her a breakfast bar one one morning before class, then she thought she was entitled to them. She never bought anything to replace what she ate of mine. Maybe that''s why I''m so possessive of my food now...hahaha! Her last name was Hong, we changed it to Hog.

She and her idiot friends would use my makeup before they went to frat parties. I came home one night and my brushes were covered in black eyeshadow that I''d never worn!
29.gif

She used to leave our door wide open when we would be in class!!
6.gif

One morning I came home from an exes house (I tried to avoid spending any time in my room because of her...) and there was someone SLEEPING IN MY BED! Barf!!! She thought it would be okay to have this person live with us because she got pregnant and kicked out of her parents. In a freaking dorm room. She also gave this person her key to use sometimes.
38.gif

She always had to have the sound on when IM''ing. Turned up loud especially when I was trying to sleep.

The best was when I came back from a weekend away and she''d written me a nasty note and put it on the whiteboard outside our room so everyone walking by could read it.
20.gif
But by that point everyone knew she was a b!tch.

I moved out 8 weeks later into a single room. I couldn''t even last until the end of the quarter!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results