shape
carat
color
clarity

Right hand rings . . .

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my double helix 3 stone ring to wear on my right hand.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's anything you don't wear on your LH, he he! :bigsmile:

RHR's can be anything from diamond, gemstones, pearls etc. whatever that is not your ering or that doesn't signify "engagement", at least that's my understanding.

I have a few RHR's: a pear-shaped diamond ring, a yellow diamond + rose and french cut ring, a 3-stone ring and soon a 5-stone ring. However, I'm wearing all of these as well as my 3ct RB solitaire ering (except for the 5-stone, which I am determined to wear ONLY on my RH) on my LH on a rotational basis.

You can do whatever you like with your RHR, daily or occasional basis; and you don't even have to own one or wear one.

ETA: Oh I forgot I also have a few eternity bands. Those, I do tend to wear only on my RH but not very often.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Welllll.... I wear my college ring on my right hand. :D
I'm only 1.5 years out and I actually get asked about it by old men on planes and such so I will probably wear it for a very long time. I went to a school where its very common for people to wear their class rings for their entire lives so I'm just going with the flow.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 6 Gurhan stacking rings that I wear on my right hand. I don't wear them every day, more like 3-4 times a week. They're mixed metals and stones so it's fun to play around with different combinations and looks.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I have a whole box of stuff that gets a turn. Several gemstones, a couple of diamonds, and some high end costume. I coordinate with my outfits!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An AVC which I wear almost daily
a SimonG wide band w/yellow & white diamonds, rarely worn
a 2.00 ctw sapphire haloed with diamonds, very rarely worn

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you wear one?
Sometimes! I'm a bad PSer and actually don't love the feel of jewelry that I don't wear often so I usually just wear my e-ring and wedding band.

What is it?
I have a few-a 5 stone diamond ring that was my grandmother's 25th anniversary gift, a couple of eternity bands I bought off of DB, and a few various stacking type bands.

Do you wear it every day?
Nope, definitely not!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2.20cttw antique ring set with 3 OECs. It was a present to myself to celebrate my daughter's birth and the end of a related law suit.

I wear it on the middle finger of my right hand and wear it whenever I wear my wedding set (I don't wear jewellery at home).

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my grandmother's gold ring on my right hand ring finger every day. I usually only take it off if I have an occasion to wear my pearl and sapphire cluster ring on my middle finger. I'd like to add a sapphire ring, and also a couple of gemstone rings, to the mix some day.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
are anything I don't wear on my left, so it's a rotation of rings: yg claddaugh, yg amethyst, wg ruby, yg sapphire/diamond band, 3stone tanzi, some silver rings. It's fun to change the around as I go.

Yesterday, I went to the bank and pulled a few things from the safe deposit box. I brought home my high school ring, to show my daughter, who got hers a couple months ago. Wore that for the afternoon, around the house. I just wish we had daintier rings for the girls at my school back then (class of 84) it might be nice to wear once in a while, which is why I encouraged DD to chose something that doesn't scream school ring. ( I didn't get a college ring, wish I had though.)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora|1323200815|3075468 said:
I have a 2.20cttw antique ring set with 3 OECs. It was a present to myself to celebrate my daughter's birth and the end of a related law suit.

I wear it on the middle finger of my right hand and wear it whenever I wear my wedding set (I don't wear jewellery at home).

Pandora - Picture please! :bigsmile:

Matata - How nice to have an AVC as a right hand ring! Do you also wear your engagement ring? How do they compare in terms of size?

I purchased a smaller OEC to wear as a right hand ring. I haven't seen it yet. It's on its way to me. I wondered if it might seem odd, since it's a bit engagement ring-y, to wear it on my right hand. I have a friend who wears her grandmother's engagement ring (a lovely OEC) on her right hand. Of course, that doesn't seem odd to me because it's her grandmother's ring. I suppose it doesn't really matter either way, because if I like it, I will wear it. Just talking about it because . . . you know . . . that's what we do here! ::)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I have a few that I rotate, but I'm usually wearing one of them:

1) My grandmother's wedding set (in my avatar) reconditioned and reset with a sapphire. I will wear either ring separately or sometimes both.
2) My Swala amethyst sugarloaf cabachon set in RG by Quest
3) My Swala tsavorite in a WG halo from Intergem
4) A cute little SS cabachon stacking band from a wonderful group of friends for my birthday
5) My college class ring
6) My HS class ring
7) A large yellow gold and pearl ring that was my grandmother's and my mother has a matching one.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one RHR that has great sentimental value, so I'll never replace it. It is a very plain graduated 5 stone band, 1ctw, semi-bezelled on the tops of the diamonds. I got it for my 15th anniversary, which was just 2 weeks before my mom died. We were going to do a vow renewal that year, but my mom got sick and then my husband lost his job. My mom saw the ring, she thought it was beautiful. She'd never owned a real diamond ring in her life and thought it was so extravagant. Happy memories, not sad ones. ;))

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yep. I wear my rose gold 7 stone and my solitaire OEC every day. Don't care if it looks like a second wedding set, I love it!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1323204043|3075518 said:
Pandora|1323200815|3075468 said:

Pandora - Picture please! :bigsmile:

Matata - How nice to have an AVC as a right hand ring! Do you also wear your engagement ring? How do they compare in terms of size?

I purchased a smaller OEC to wear as a right hand ring. I haven't seen it yet. It's on its way to me. I wondered if it might seem odd, since it's a bit engagement ring-y, to wear it on my right hand. I have a friend who wears her grandmother's engagement ring (a lovely OEC) on her right hand. Of course, that doesn't seem odd to me because it's her grandmother's ring. I suppose it doesn't really matter either way, because if I like it, I will wear it. Just talking about it because . . . you know . . . that's what we do here! ::)

I really need to do a photoshoot - I have seriously awful pics of it that I snapped in the kitchen in 5 minutes the day I got it home to send to a PS friend!

The stones are probably J in colour but since the setting is yellow gold and they are extremely well-cut they face up as about a G. The fire off these things is crazy. I bought it from a high-end antique dealer in London.

Here's a couple of really BAD photos of it:

daisy ring 022 (2).jpg

daisy ring 032 (2).jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1323204043|3075518 said:

The AVC is 1.53ish. I didn't want a traditional 2-ring wedding set so I opted for a 3.36 red spinel and recently had a new setting custom made by BGD. Wide band 18k with platinum & diamonds. The spinel looks huge compared to the AVC but the AVC can stand up to the spinel for sure -- lurve me those chunky color flashes.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I have four that I just kind of rotate. I just pick which ever matches my outfit the best, or whichever one I feel like wearing that day. The one I wear the most is an aquamarine pear with diamond side stones. I also have an oval aquamarine with white sapphire side stones and an amethyst with small diamond side stones. Those three are white gold. The one that I wear the least is my opal set in yellow gold.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I have one which is a tsavorite in a BGD wg halo. I only wear it when we go out for the evening. It's a bit large for me for everyday wear. I'm hoping to have more RHRs in the near future!

Pandora, gorgeous ring!!!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
the ring in my avatar is being sized to go from my left hand to my right as we speak. 2.07 carat ruby with a diamond halo (F, VS) in a yellow gold DBL setting.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wear my James Meyer ring, 0.45 ct OMC in yellow gold.

Imported Photos 00142.JPG

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A diamond-haloed cushion amethyst in white gold
An oval peridot in oxidized silver and 24K gold
A yellow radiant with princess side diamonds in engraved platinum
A 3 carat pink zircon in 18K matte yellow gold
2 matching Jude Francis pave stacking bands to go with the peridot or zircon
A delicate diamond pinky ring that belonged to my mother

I do NOT wear them all at one time. ;))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is odd, but I don't love wearing a ring on my right hand for some reason. Maybe because I use it so much and don't want to abuse a ring? I wear my extra rings on my left hand for some variety. It's mostly a combination of bands. I do have a light blue tanzanite RH ring and an old sapphire and diamond ring but I never wear them. I may be getting a new one very soon, though! :naughty:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Michael Beaudry ring, although that one is harder to wear since I lost weight. Too big for my ring finger, and if my fingers are swollen, uncomfortable on my middle finger.

My "Amelia" ring which is a padparadscha sapphire ring. I tend to wear that one more since it's understated when I do business.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I used to have a wide Simon G floral eternity band that I wore regularly as a RHR. I sold it when my tastes moved away from the vintage-y look, but now I wish I had it again!

My right hand is now reserved for the Tiffany cobblestone ring! It's the RHR of my dreams, but it will be awhile!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora and babynurse, stunning rings ladies!! :love:

I have a gold dome ring with an oval blue topaz which I sometimes wear on my middle finger, but of late I've lived in my 3.3ct eternity ring! I wear it whenever I can (I can't wear rings to work).

DSC05412.JPG

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I wear one most days. I alternate between a David Yurman Blue topaz, a tri-colored rolling ring, a Tiffany somerset ring and my grandmother's e-ring which I am hoping to reset into a halo.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like the feeling of rings on my right hand very well. My engagement ring is sized for my right hand because my wedding band is an alone piece. More often though I switch out my collection of vintage wedding ring on my left hand. I don't wear my actual engagement ring or wedding band often, and everything I've bought for my right hand ends up on my left hand.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
LV, I can't wait to see your RHR! I love the RHRs here - wow, so lovely! Pandora's ring is TDF!!!!!!!!!!! Baby nurse's James Meyer...Lordy, so luxurious. Looks like a museum piece! Love love love the chunky yet sleek gold band. So substantial. Looks so expensive and luxe!!!! :love: Like DandiAndi, I wear a large eternity on my right hand ring finger. I catch people checking out my ring finger so I like both hands to state very clearly: MARRIED!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results