shape
carat
color
clarity

nowadays...what are the "chick magnet" cars?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you know...the kind of cars that a girl can't resist... :naughty:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the chick.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whatever you drive DF. :cheeky:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I don't think there are any, at least not for me. If a car is too nice it looks like the guy is trying too hard...and if he's over a certain age you just assume it's a mid-life crisis.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
None.

Us chicks buy our own cars now, we don't have to ogle yours any more.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1337903583|3203054 said:
a 2001 Toyota truck... :oops: ...so Freke you still wanna hop in for a ride?... :naughty:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1337904076|3203065 said:
a 2001 Toyota truck... :oops: ...so Freke you still wanna hop in for a ride?... :naughty:

LOL! DF, you are nuts! :wacko: :tongue: :!:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I've been laughing too hard to type anything. :saint:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Urg. A sensitive subject with me. First let me say I never needed to rely on a car to get a date. :rolleyes:

I had (it was a dream car, maybe it was a dream, long story, don't ask) a new 2001 Audi A6 2.8q, black with dark grey leather interior.

It was a magnet for men and women. Men and women who wanted to drive it, who wanted to own it, who were jealous as hell about it, who never learned that thing about not coveting thy neighbor's property (is there something like that?), and on and on, with an intensity level that I never would have believed if I had not experienced it.

There were a couple flattering instances though. Once when I wouldn't give this guy a jump, he just thought I as an *******. So finally I opened the hood and let him let him look at the engine. I don't know if you've ever seen one but it looks like a work of art. The battery is covered by a plastic panel that fits seamlessly in a plastic structure running side to side in the compartment at the back. The minute he saw the engine he said, (I can't really repeat it), "Holy xxxx! I can see why..." and he was realized instantly I just didn't want to mess with my car and he forgave me right then and there. That was nice. Because I'm not an *******.

Then there was the time SO and I parked at Wal-Mart at one of the spaces by the store. This group of teenagers walked past the car, behind it. They walked by, and one of them turned, looked at it, and said, "OMG!" There were very few compliments that stood out to me but that was one of them.

People complimented me every day, everywhere for about the first three years. I finally just developed a standard response. No matter what they said, I smiled and said, "Thank you."

I would never, in a million years, own a car like that again, unless I could own it as a second car, because most days you just want to get from A to B without being the center of attention and certainly without inviting people's jealousy and hating on you. That really sucked.

There aren't any "chick cars" anymore, DF. You want to know why? Because that's likely to be thought of as a sexist concept these days. Because the ones like you owned, that particular kind of American car went bye bye. There is no American car of that design, style, and build quality anymore. Plus the entire American culture has changed. These are no longer the days of $.80 gas when driving was an American pastime. Get in your car, get on the open road, and go, just because you feel like it. Or like we used to to in high school, and kids were doing since the 50's, get in your car with your friends and drive around town all night long. Not at $5.00 a gallon. That's what I'm paying now, minus 15 cents. It's just a different world. :))

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never notice a person's car unless it is extremely unusual looking. (Like the pink piggy Bug that I see around town, complete with a curly tail.) I have zero appreciation for modern luxury cars, and don't believe owning (or leasing one) makes a man any more or less attractive.

This led to me inadvertently offending an acquaintance of mine once. We taught in the same college, and upon learning that I am a member of the Chicago Botanic Garden she asked me if she could come enjoy the gardens with me one day. This sounded lovely. She picked me up, drove to the gardens, we spent a great day walking the grounds, had a nice lunch. Then we went back to the parking lot and for whatever reason I thought some normal looking black car was hers. She was walking in that direction, it rang a bell. She picked me up in a black sedan, that's all that had registered in my mind. The car I walked up to was a Nissan, I think.

She was very upset. It turns out she drives a Mercedes, and was honest to goodness offended that I didn't recognize that, and thought the Nissan was hers. When I told DH the story at home that night, he said, "Honey, her car cost at least $80,000. You didn't know that?" I had no idea. I still couldn't tell you what model it was, there were three letters in it. I don't know, it just looked and felt like any other car to me.

I almost went on one date with a man who drove some sports car that was very expensive. I don't remember what it was, but he made sure to tell me that the car was probably worth more than my parents' home when he picked me up. AAAAAAND . . . that date was over.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I'm a car person. I have been my whole life. And I love driving. It's one of my favorite things to do. :love:

My opinion of Mercedes-Benz, well, I'm not going to be impressed by the "name" and if someone were to act like I should be they'd be in for a very rude awakening. :lol:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I pay attention to cars because I'm a big car lover, especially Audi. So if I see a nice Audi on the road, I'll oogle at it...even if a chick is driving it. I find the Audi lovers are all like that too.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
AN, my fellow Audi enthusiast! Is there any chance you can tell us about the Audi's you guys have? Bonus points for pictures! :Up_to_something:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buy me a Mercedes convertible, cream colored, spoke wheels, and I will be your chick for the rest of my life.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1337917692|3203224 said:
I'm a car person. I have been my whole life. And I love driving. It's one of my favorite things to do. :love:

My opinion of Mercedes-Benz, well, I'm not going to be impressed by the "name" and if someone were to act like I should be they'd be in for a very rude awakening. :lol:
That was our one and only outing together! I think the breakup was mutual. :cheeky:

My dad is a car man, but he restored antiques. His favorite was a 1963 Corvair convertible. I think he bought it for a couple hundred bucks and then spent decades way too much money restoring it. Now, those were some pretty cool cars. But still, I wouldn't get all hot and bothered for a guy driving one of them. :cheeky:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
I don't think there are any chick magnet cars these days. Where I live, we have a lot of older folk in hot/expensive cars. So, I figure if I were single, I'd be checking out the driver more than the car.

We got a Saturn Sky for my husband's midlife-crisis car (bright red roadster convertible). I think he gets more comments from guys than he does from chicks.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1337920180|3203263 said:
Buy me a Mercedes convertible, cream colored, spoke wheels, and I will be your chick for the rest of my life.

The new small convertible and especially the new SL are excellent designs! The new gullwing is beyond beautiful.

The problem I have with most Mercedes models though is the way they have (in the car business it's called) "decontented" them, they are not the same quality Mercedes was when I was growing up, yet the prices are super high. You couldn't pay me to take a C class and my A6 beat the pants off any E, then or now.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Danny--When my husband goes through his midlife crisis and decides he wants a luxury vehicle, I am calling on you! I have no idea what you're talking about, but I can tell that YOU do! You'll be like my PS for cars. :cheeky:

He's 42 now, how many years does that give me? I know it's gonna happen. He gets a bit dreamy eyed around certain cars. (Of course, I couldn't tell you what they were, hence my little faux pas with the almost-friend!)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1337918974|3203252 said:
AN, my fellow Audi enthusiast! Is there any chance you can tell us about the Audi's you guys have? Bonus points for pictures! :Up_to_something:

Yesssss...I love that we share the same love for them. I love ALL audi's.

I think I've posted my husbands before - he has a red R8 that he put twin turbo's into...VROOM VROOM!!! I have the A7. Had to get something fixed on it this weekend so I got the Q5 loaner and LOOOVED it.

Here is mine (except since these pic's were taken I've gotten my tail lights/side blinkers/reflectors smoked, tinted my windows, and took the ugly benzel busch badge off).

I'll find some of husbands car to post and one of my new tail lights

These pics are with the wing up...I'll find one with the wing down.

ETA: Here is one with the darker tail lights (I think the original color of them is way too bright red)

-13.jpg

-18.jpg

33yhxzd.jpg

-1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1337917692|3203224 said:
I think mine started with Micro Machines and Transformers when I hung with the boys as a kid.

But I tend to love the riceburners. My car is a 2001 Honda Prelude, but I have great affection for the Toyota Supra TT and Nissan 350Z. If I could own all three at the same time....

My heart does skip a beat or two at a pretty Porsche though. Not gonna lie. But I like to see fun cars in general. Prowlers, antiques, Vipers, Lotuses, sports cars, luxury cars...even the hum drum Mercedes, Lexus, Caddy, Audi, etc. Cars make me happy.

We also have a few interesting people around here that have attached...objects to the body of their cars. Computer chips, army men, rocks, all of those ring a bell, and I find them all fascinating.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
AN, Thanks!!! Beautiful! That's some car! They didn't make the A7 when I bought mine. I've read stellar reviews of it. Very nice! I'd love to see the R8 too! :love:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild|1337922716|3203299 said:
But I tend to love the riceburners. My car is a 2001 Honda Prelude, but I have great affection for the Toyota Supra TT and Nissan 350Z. If I could own all three at the same time....

I am NOT a car snob! I love ALL sizes and types of cars!

This is my current obsession. DON'T LAUGH! These cars are made in state of the art factories and are world class quality. The first two models both get 40/30. This one is particular. :love:

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/2012/accent/

I'll get a sedan if I'm ever lucky enough to buy one of these, and at $15,000, I'll break my new rule and buy it new! I love this green color and would get it if sedans came in it.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1337923077|3203303 said:
AN, Thanks!!! Beautiful! That's some car! They didn't make the A7 when I bought mine. I've read stellar reviews of it. Very nice! I'd love to see the R8 too! :love:

Thanks, Danny! I will say though, that since this car is the first year it came out there have been some electrical issues. Nothing major. Regardless, I really enjoy driving. I do a TON of driving so being able to drive something I enjoy makes driving a much more pleasurable experience. For now here are a few teasers (will post more for you tomorrow)

Oh and I totally agree on not being a car snob. I love a lot of different cars from various price ranges. Have you seen the 2012 ford fusion?!?!

270597_629170994808_68701307_33265753_2510501_n.jpg

4a428d27-4437-2600.jpg

-2.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1337922482|3203293 said:
Danny--When my husband goes through his midlife crisis and decides he wants a luxury vehicle, I am calling on you! I have no idea what you're talking about, but I can tell that YOU do! You'll be like my PS for cars. :cheeky:

He's 42 now, how many years does that give me? I know it's gonna happen. He gets a bit dreamy eyed around certain cars. (Of course, I couldn't tell you what they were, hence my little faux pas with the almost-friend!)

Haven, seriously, I'd be happy to give you guys internet sites/ resources to help you with that! Just let me know. :wavey:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Danny--Oh, I will. I'm hoping we have a couple years before he gets the itch, but I know it's going to happen.
The poor man's bicycle is nicer than his car! :cheeky:

Thank you!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
AN, yes I've seen the Fusion. I love subcompacts!

But THAT is the car I would have if I could. OMG! And I would love to see pictures of the interior! Any more pictures you have would be great!

For those of you that don't know, this is in the "super-car" class. As a driver's car- it doesn't get better than this. A masterpiece of engineering and design. :love:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1337925131|3203319 said:
AN, yes I've seen the Fusion. I love subcompacts!

But THAT is the car I would have if I could. OMG! And I would love to see pictures of the interior! Any more pictures you have would be great!

For those of you that don't know, this is in the "super-car" class. As a driver's car- it doesn't get better than this. A masterpiece of engineering and design. :love:

Oh, I've got lots more pics for you! I have a lot of interior shots too. He had a lot of extra work done to the car, especially on the interior. It's all alcantara/carbon fiber. You'll love it.

Here are two more to hold you over :lol: :D :lickout:

A guy I used to be friends with is a photographer and took some shots:

Screen shot 2012-05-25 at 2.06.50 AM.png

Screen shot 2012-05-25 at 2.06.34 AM.png

Screen shot 2012-05-25 at 2.06.23 AM.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1337912272|3203174 said:
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I've been laughing too hard to type anything. :saint:
but please don't wear your "blue hooker heels"...people may get the wrong idea!!... :lol:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1337923525|3203308 said:
FrekeChild|1337922716|3203299 said:

I am NOT a car snob! I love ALL sizes and types of cars!

This is my current obsession. DON'T LAUGH! These cars are made in state of the art factories and are world class quality. The first two models both get 40/30. This one is particular. :love:

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/2012/accent/

I'll get a sedan if I'm ever lucky enough to buy one of these, and at $15,000, I'll break my new rule and buy it new! I love this green color and would get it if sedans came in it.
The color of it takes me back to the Honda Del Sol and that funky green color it came in! It had a bit more blue to it though...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results