shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some dust over here, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I went home last night seething about a discussion I had with my boss. On a lark I looked at job listings and found something that is PERFECT for me. PERFECT. And I''m PERFECTLY qualified for it!

I pulled my resume together, drafted an awesome cover letter, and I just hit submit. And NOW, I''m nervous!!!
32.gif

PS fairy dust for me, please???? I would do anything for a good, well-paying, enjoyable job that I actually LIKE that is 2 hours closer to my house! I''m so done with four hours a day of commuting!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
dusting coming your way, Sum!

i''m in the same boat as you career/job-wise and commend you for doing something about it. it sucks to be stuck in a job you don''t really LIKE, but i only have myself to blame.

keep us posted on what happens!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Good luck, Sum! I switched jobs pretty unexpectedly earlier this year, and it was the best decision ever. And, FOUR HOURS? I''m never complaining about my commute again!
32.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I''ve been complaining about my job for a while, but wasn''t really in the position to do anything about it before the wedding. Well, the wedding is over, I''m fully vested, and after 3 years here, I''m ready to move on. So I''m hoping that this is the opportunity I''ve been waiting for. It''s 2 miles from my house. My current job is 45 miles from my house!

And yes, Selkie, four hours a day... sometimes longer. Granted, it''s mostly on the train, but it makes for a very long day. Especially when the trains break down. And they do. Often.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best of luck Sum, sending buckets of fairy dust your way!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending good thoughts your way Summer! I hope it works out. My FI has the same type of commute and he''s really tired of it. His new boss is now allowing him to work from home on Fridays and another day during the week when he doesn''t have appts. or meetings in the city. It''s been great! If you end up staying in your current position for a little while longer, could that be an option for you? I do hope you get the position though! Is it similar to what you do now or is it a complete change?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Buckets of fairy dust coming your way!! That commute sounds killer - I really hope you get the other position
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Lots and lots and lots of positive thoughts and good luck wishes your way for things to work out in the best way for you and your situation!! Working close to where you live is so nice - I really hope this works out for you!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big buckets of dust headed your way Sum!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here comes a dump truck full of dust! (The tiny man in the hard hat is actually a PS Dust Fairy.)

thiesspl.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 11:12:38 PM
Author: thing2of2
Here comes a dump truck full of dust! (The tiny man in the hard hat is actually a PS Dust Fairy.)
Thing2of2; I like the dump truck
lol.gif
runaround1.gif
sprinkle, sprinkle.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Sum,
sending some serious dust your way- if for nothing else the commute time!

best of luck, and good for you for DOING something about your situation. Keep us posted
36.gif
36.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! The dumptruck is awesome!!

Now I just wait. Ugh, I hate that! I will keep you posted!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Sending dust your way! I hope you get it!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
*sends dust* Good Luck I hope your a shoe in

LMAO at this smiley
runaround1.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
best of luck, sum! I can''t beleive your commute is so long - I hope you get this job
9.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Any news?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Not yet. The posting just closed so I''m hoping they are now reviewing and WILL call, but I''d really hoped to hear earlier. I''ve had extraordinarily good luck in the past to get quick responses to my resume and am trying not to get dissapointed that they haven''t called yet. It''s a little different environment... this is through a university with a formal HR dept. and I''m used to smaller associations that are desperately trying to hire quickly.

so, no, I''m still on the edge of my seat hoping the phone will ring.
14.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2007 3:00:48 PM
Author: sumbride
Not yet. The posting just closed so I''m hoping they are now reviewing and WILL call, but I''d really hoped to hear earlier. I''ve had extraordinarily good luck in the past to get quick responses to my resume and am trying not to get dissapointed that they haven''t called yet. It''s a little different environment... this is through a university with a formal HR dept. and I''m used to smaller associations that are desperately trying to hire quickly.

14.gif

Oh, man, take it from someone who''s been through a university''s hiring process: it''s the Webster''s definition of red tape. Even when the job was basically created for me, and I was the only viable candidate, it STILL took a month to complete the process. So yeah, definitely don''t freak out yet.
10.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2007 4:15:01 PM
Author: Selkie
Date: 11/11/2007 3:00:48 PM

Author: sumbride

14.gif

Oh, man, take it from someone who''s been through a university''s hiring process: it''s the Webster''s definition of red tape. Even when the job was basically created for me, and I was the only viable candidate, it STILL took a month to complete the process. So yeah, definitely don''t freak out yet.
10.gif

That''s what I was afraid of. It''s an institute, within a university, so though the group I would be working with is very small, the job is encompassed within the university (which means great benefits) so I have to deal with their process. I''m wondering if they''re hiring now and the job would start in the new year, which is a-ok with me, but I hope it doesn''t take THAT long. The job as written sounds absolutely perfect for me... as in they looked at my background and then wrote the ad... so I hope they feel that way too. I suppose I posted too early, but I was just so excited because it''s hard to find something in my field that interests me here in Baltimore. I think it''s because I don''t want to go in the usual direction in my field but veering off a bit toward this job''s direction would be a great fit.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure you''ll hear in less than a month if they are interested in you. I just meant that added step of the HR screening process always delays things (regardless of how quickly the actual department wants to hire someone
20.gif
). Still sending dust your way!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Sumbride, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
It seems like a lot of people around here are seeking some other positions or new jobs on the board....
I just had my turn... (still have yet to hear)..

****SPRINKLE, SPRINKLE****

GOOD LUCK!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Summer...

Have been gone for a bit, but just noticed your post and wanted to wish you luck. I hope you get some good news soon!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I just got a call AND an email! My interview is Monday morning at 9 AM! Obviously I''m going to have to get up extra early because I don''t usually function before 9 am... but I have the day off and he had some other appointments, so 9 am it is.

And now the real nervousness begins! I am excited by how much effort he put into contacting me. I hope that means he sees how great a fit I am for the job!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HUGE TRUCKLOADS OF DUST FOR YOUR INTERVIEW SUMBRIDE!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results