Shiny_Rock

I

29.gif
AM
29.gif
SO
29.gif
ANGRY!!!!!!!

My husband somehow misplaced my beautiful diamond "cocktail" ring (TW 3CTS). He was spring cleaning the house last weekend and cleaned out my bureau to refold my clothes (yes, he is a nice hubby, when he's not so flippin' forgetful). He noticed my ring hidden in one of my drawers and felt it was too risky just leaving it there, so he moved it somewhere....and now has apparently forgotten where he put it. He says he was so busy cleaning and caring for our 7 month old that he just can't remember where he put it. He's "almost positive" he put it in my jewelry box. He feels badly and has been looking through the house all morning.

But seriously, how does one do this???????

33.gif
We tore through the house, examining every nook and cranny and NOTHING. My gut tells me that the ring somehow made it's way into the thrift store donation bag that he was organizing, and then was ultimately dropped off at the thrift store. If that's the case, it will never be found, as the thrift store is huge and full of random volunteer workers.

I'm so upset. I'm going to call my jewelry insurance company on Monday when their office reopens. Hopefully, they'll be able to help me out

8.gif

Just had to vent.
24.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was the ring loose or in a box? I hope you can find it!

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
It was in a satin jewelry bag and tucked away in one of my drawers. Yes, I''m partly to blame for not locking it away, but I''ve had the ring for a few years and always knew exactly where to find it.
15.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I understand your frustration, but I totally understand how he did that. When I am busy and find something of value like that I go hide it and then since I was busy I start thinking about something else and the hiding place is forgotten. I wouldnt think that it went to the thrift store. I bet he got up right then and put it somewhere. It will be a nice surprise when you find it in an odd place.

My grandfather got a bonus from work one time and my grandmother hid it somewhere and couldnt remember where she put it. He was so angry with her. Years went by and then one day there it was.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
That is unfortunate. I''m glad you were insured.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Oh no!
39.gif

I''m so sorry. But, it may be worth a trip to the thrift store. Sometimes I hear the most amazing stories on recovered items...

charbie

Ideal_Rock
oh no! i''d be
29.gif
too!

hopefully he really did put it somewhere good for safe-keeping and it will show up. i know i''ve put something elsewhere so i wouldn''t "lose it" and then it''s lost. i''m sure you''ve scoured the house, but could there be any other "secret" places he put it?

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the support!

I''m hoping it turns up, but have prepared myself for the worst. To make matters worse, the ring was his mom''s and she gave it to me after our wedding. (I''ll let him do the explaining)

I will be sure to let everyone know if we find it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you find it. PS dust coming your way.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uh oh, I hope you or DH find it soon. I''ve moved things to put them in safe and logical places, only to forget shortly thereafter. Then at an odd time, I either remember where I put them or I come across them while doing something else. Hopefully something will jog DH''s memory. Still, it''s worth taking a trip to the thrift store and also calling the insurance agency.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve done the same thing. I hid a diamond band my mom got me and it took me over a year to find it! I was certain it was gone forever. I felt horrible and even told my mom I had lost it. I would hold off on calling the insurance company or telling your MIL until you really feel/know it is gone forever. Try to be kind to your husband. I am sure he feels bad enough. Accidents happen.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m betting it''ll turn up somewhere really kooky. I''m notorious for doing stuff like this. I have a hard time believing he''d mistakenly put something so obviously significant to you both in the thrift store box! I have also found that you never find what you''re looking for when you''re looking for it; it always turns up when you''re looking for something else you misplaced. Go on a wild goose chase for the tv remote or something, and sure enough, you''ll find it!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The overriding probability is that it is stashed somewhere in the house.

In a case like this I do suggest that you contact the insurance company; but only to notify them that it may have been accidentally lost - and that you will continue to look.

I would not file a claim at this time - but the notification may be critical in the future.

Something else to consider: Several weeks ago I was doing a bi-annual insurance review with my insurance agent (and changing coverages) when he mentioned that with the poor economy that their company (and other companies) have seen a large jump in "lost and stolen" jewelry and other valuables.... That they are now investigating new loss claims much better than they did before because of the amount of fraud involved as people need $$$ due to long term job loss, etc. While there is a normal up and down motion in the claims based on the general economy - that the current number of claims really exceed historical norms.

Here is another thought: Given the value of the ring - you might wish to consider getting a metal detector and sweeping the closets and stuff...

Perry

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I lose something in the house I go on a frenzied search, which rarely locates the item.

Then, hopefully, I'll sit down close my eyes and go back in time and try to visualize it and what I was doing at the time.
This often works.

In this case it may work for him to repeat the action of cleaning out your bureau to refolding your clothes.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perry, my mom lost her grandmother''s e-ring and when she called about renting a metal detector and the man said it would not work. There is such much metal when building a house (nails, beams, etc) the detector would go crazy. Guess he gets LOTS of calls about that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hope you guys find the ring.
5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope it turns up soon. Ditto to visualizing the day....

Have him close his eyes, then go to getting the ring, .. I am betting it''s in the same room?? It will come to him. Hopefully sooner than later.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh NO!

I hope he finds it!! I read that you have insurance just in case and I''m so relieved!

I misplace things all the time so I can completely understand how it happened, but that doesn''t mean I''d be any less peeved
29.gif

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no! But, it has to be in the house, somewhere! Quick story: three years ago, we had our house on the market. Most of my good jewelry went to the bank, but I kept my little diamond pendant and earrings. Wasn''t wearing them one day, so I hid them. A few weeks later, I couldn''t remember where they were and sadly, had to move without them. Fast forward about three months, I''m finally going through yet another box, from the basement this time. Inside is a bag of clothes. In the bag is the box with my pendant and earrings! They''d made the trip 3000 miles across the country. They''ve been in more states than I have, too
3.gif

Have faith: you''ll find them. I''m crossing my fingers for you!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
so sorry! That''s good that you have insurance but that still sux! I would be upset too! Sorry! I am sure that it''s somewhere in your house!

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

Wow! I can't believe how many of you have been in the same predicament. It gives me some reassurance that the ring will turn up. I plan on notifying my insurance company tomorrow, just to give them a head's up, and will continue to look for it this week.

Just in case you were wondering...here's a pic of the ring (top cluster ring
8.gif
) It's a blurry photo. ETA- I never actually wore them all together like this!

cluster.jpg

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Very pretty ring! Good luck - I really hope you find it asap! I''m pretty absentminded about stuff, and I''ve done this before with some of my jewelry. (ends up being in the weirdest places)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that is a beauty! I would be heart broken! Good luck finding it!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
very pretty!!! I hope that you find the ring, try to be kind to your husband, but I''d be
29.gif
too
2.gif

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
My cats have helped me misplace rings more than once. Now my keys and watches, I do a great job of losing myself, but the cats really like to steal my rings.

One was missing for almost 2 years. It was a special gold band that I wore when traveling after I got engaged. Fortunately it was in my dad''s house in my old room when I was staying there between the time I graduated and got married. One day I was in there helping get some Christmas lights out and there it was! I searched htat place every where and even more than once.

The other ring moved from upstairs on a table to downstairs in the bathroom. That one was only gone 2 days. I''ve lost my watches before for weeks at a time.

So good luck and don''t give up hope yet :)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring, I feel your pain.

I can''t tell you how many times I''ve hidden something and then later, I had no idea
where I put it. And yes, it''s always an expensive piece of jewelry. I''m determined
to stop hiding stuff and put everything back in it''s proper place.

Please let us know what happens. Is there any chance he''s teasing you and is having
something done to the ring as a surprise?

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
My goodness that ring is so very pretty. It doesnt look like it would be that tiny and easy to lose. Please keep us posted and of course let us know if you find it.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear! Hope you find it. I have often hidden and "lost" jewelry, and only found them after I stopped looking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results