shape
carat
color
clarity

Last thing I needed today.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Big car accident. New car may be totalled. Except for some aches and pains... I''m okay. Crappy day so far though.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness I''m so sorry!!!!! Thankfully you''re okay though, was anyone else hurt?? What do your insurance people say about the car? That''s such horrible news, I''m so sorry you''re having to go through this!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
awe, hon i''m so sorry! I''m really glad you''re ok though. Was anyone else hurt? I know lots of people will probably tell you that a car is just a material thing and just be glad you''re ok, but I understand that you''re upset about it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG are you ok?? Did you get checked out?? Man that sucks, so sorry!!!
39.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What the heck?? And you are OK? Whoa, sorry for your troubles today...

kind regards--Sharon

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
That sucks. I''m glad you''re okay, though -- that''s a huge blessing so try to keep that in mind as you deal with the insurance and all that. Let us know what''s happening when you feel up to it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear you are not hurt too badly. I still suggest getting checked out too because sometimes certain injuries do not show up until later. Don''t worry about the vehicle, that''s what insurance is for. Anyone else hurt?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a karma or bad luck center anywhere I could check myself into? One freak thing after another. I''m okay...people in other car are okay.

Big Semi decided it liked the property I was occupying on the highway... decided to change lanes in order to occupy the space I happened to be in at the time. I braked to avoid being hit by the semi . Too hard as it turned out. Car swerved. My brain died trying to figure out if I was supposed to turn into the serve or against it. I picked the wrong one. Car spun 360 a couple of times. I hit a pickup truck-- I hit it perpendicular to it... fortunately I hit the part over the bed... not where the passengers were. Front eng od my car is smashed ... well... the parts of it still attached are smashed in.

Guy at the collision center said it could be a total loss... but he''s not sure. The airbags didn''t deploy so that''s in my favor....I won''t know till next week-- Monday or Tuesday what they decide.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Gypsy, you poor thing! I''m glad to hear you''re OK, and that''s the most important thing. Very sorry about your car though. Big hugs.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man, that sucks. First, at least you''re okay. I know how you feel....my 6 month old car got totalled shortly after I got to CA. Thankfully it wasn''t my fault, but it stinks nonetheless. I hope your day gets better....or you might want to climb back into bed and start over tomorrow.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about the accident, Gypsy
38.gif
but relieved that everyone is okay. Big Hugs!!

As my DH says "It''s only a car. It can be replaced; you can''t". Whether he really believes that, only he knows ;-)

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Man, that sucks. Least there weren''t any serious injuries. Did the semi stop?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
You must be really shaken up. I hope you get some rest tonight. You are probably bruised in places you won''t realize until tomorrow-or at least that is what happened to my sil. ~hug~

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw Gypsy, I am so sorry to hear this, but I am glad you seem OK. Definitely rest up as your body will probably feel sore in the next few days.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh Gypsy, how scary..I''m so glad you''re ok though...

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Big hugs honey! Most impt thing is that you''re ok!

xoxo

a very sleep deprived Jade who really shouldn''t be on PS
2.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Awww....I''m sorry. I agree with the others, you need to get checked out.

David had a wreck about 4 mos ago.....in his new car. Boy, what a mess it turned into. He just got his car back 2 WEEKS ago. His car could have been totaled, but he told them he wanted it fixed since the frame wasn''t bent. I told him that he needs to get some legal advice because of all the problems he went through. On top of everything, it cost about $2000 out of pocket because of a "betterment" clause.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah... I should probably go to an MD. All I did today is get the car towed to the insurance preferred repair shop, get a rental car and come into work. Then at around 3:00pm I got the shakes and started feeling the shocks... I just lay down in my office and took a half hour nap to re-charge and stablize. I''m going to go home in a few here... got a dinner party to attend tonight, then tomorrow... we''ll see. I''m supposed to go apartment shopping but I don''t know if I''ll feel up to it. To be honest... all I want to do tonight is crawl into bed with my fiance and be held. Of course he''s 2000 miles away so... I''ll probably just put in some face time at the party then go home early.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jade! how is Button? Or are we not calling him button any longer?
2.gif

Date: 11/10/2006 7:42:12 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
Big hugs honey! Most impt thing is that you''re ok!

xoxo

a very sleep deprived Jade who really shouldn''t be on PS
2.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh he''ll always be button
9.gif

He is 6 wks old now, and has been really naughty and crying heaps this week. Other than that, he has started smiling for real (not just wind!) and does a lot of ''cooing''.

I, on the other hand, haven''t been so sleep deprived since law school.

Take care honey, I''m going to have a bit of a nap now since he''s just gone to bed!

xoxo

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear this, Gypsy. Our truck was totaled in May by a drunk driver. I was so messed up psychologically (not physically) for about a month. It throws you for a loop. Did you have gap insurance on your vehicle? After this accident, we got gap insurance on our new truck, just in case.

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG gypsy...I just got home and read this awful news.

Thank God you and others are not badly hurt. Of course you must be suffering some shock. I guess the only good news about this is that at least you''ve got the weekend to recover.

PLEASE take care of yourself this weekend...tons of rest, do only what you FEEL like doing...

Rats...I''m sorry. Take care..
widget

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no gypsy!!!!!!! that really sucks!! I''m so sorry but I''m really glad you''re okay!! Must be a great car to total itself and not you!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 4:03:30 PM
Author: Gypsy
Is there a karma or bad luck center anywhere I could check myself into? One freak thing after another. I''m okay...people in other car are okay.

Big Semi decided it liked the property I was occupying on the highway... decided to change lanes in order to occupy the space I happened to be in at the time. I braked to avoid being hit by the semi . Too hard as it turned out. Car swerved. My brain died trying to figure out if I was supposed to turn into the serve or against it. I picked the wrong one. Car spun 360 a couple of times. I hit a pickup truck-- I hit it perpendicular to it... fortunately I hit the part over the bed... not where the passengers were. Front eng od my car is smashed ... well... the parts of it still attached are smashed in.

Guy at the collision center said it could be a total loss... but he''s not sure. The airbags didn''t deploy so that''s in my favor....I won''t know till next week-- Monday or Tuesday what they decide.
did the semi guy stop for the accident??? can''t believe the airbags didn''t deploy!!!!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
OMG Gypsy! I''m so sorry to hear that you got into a car accident! But, the most important thing is that everyone involved was able to walk away! I agree with the others that said it''s probably a good idea to go and get checked out though. Take it easy this weekend! I''m always afraid when I''m driving in a lane right next to a truck for this very reason!
32.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stinks :{

Glad your ok thats way more important than a car!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about the car, but really glad you''re ok. Sounds like you could have really gotten hurt.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, but I am so glad you weren't seriously injured.
You will be shook up for a while afterwards. I was in an accident in May when my 8 month old car was hit by a Ford F-250. He had $85 in damages and my car had $6,000.
I was a mess for about a month and a half and was scared to drive. I felt like someone was going to hit me at any minute. It has subsided but I'm still not crazy about driving. Just yesterday a guy in an Audi on a cellphone almost swerved into my car on the highway because he didn't look first. I still get really shook up when I see people drive recklessly which seems to happen a lot. Plus I have a ridiculous fear of trucks on the roadway which I hope you don't develop as well.
Take it easy and get some rest. It is very traumatizing and people don't understand unless they have been through it. I will say a prayer for you that you recover quickly both physically and emotionally. Take care.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2006 6:12:11 AM
Author: ladykemma
sympathy...

what''s gap insurance?

Gap insurance is what you get at the dealership to cover anything that can happen until you get your own coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results