shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m ready for 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as it is a better year.

I know it''s not even te first full week of December, but I''m more than ready for a positive change.

What are you hoping the new year brings for you?

Me:
New, better job that I don''t dread going to
A sense of purpose ( I feel lost right now) both professionally and personally
Diamond Earrings
3.gif
(Sorry wouldn''t be a PSer if I didn''t throw that in)
Stability (in a positive way) both financially and otherwise

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, all I want for christmas is my two front teeth.

Literally. I''m going through some issue with bone loss and the implant I had in (I probably had some injury as a kid to cause trauma to the front tooth, hence why I got the implant later in life). All this won''t be complete until fall of next year. UGH.

Other than that, I don''t really have any hopes for the new year. I have been blessed and do count those blessings every day.

Here''s hoping for a much better 2010 for you Gypsy!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
better wardrobe
less death (I''m very tired of death. I have gone through 6 so far this year... six. SO''s great aunt, great grandmother, my very close friend, a girl SO went to school with, his father and my uncle in law''s brother that we were close to)
broodmares
possibly being engaged
my friend''s wedding
more running
more cooking
less work
more classes I enjoy

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope DD finds a great job, this class of 2010 is going to have a rough time. But she''s got prospects, so am hopeful. Wishing a great year for all of us in 2010~~
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I want:

to keep enjoying my new job
a real job for BF
to get healthier and more active
an OEC (and I''m already plotting how to get it)

The first three are important. The other is more of an "it would be nice" want, not something that impacts day-to-day life.

Mostly, I want BF to get a job. I want him to feel like he''s doing something interesting and important, or at least like he''s becoming an adult. It''s hard to feel like you''re on the right path when you''re waiting tables.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 5:06:22 PM
Author:Gypsy

I know it''s not even te first full week of December, but I''m more than ready for a positive change.

Me:

Diamond Earrings
3.gif

Gypsy you''ve listed all the things I''m hoping for in 2010. In addition to those things, I''m hoping my dog slows down a bit. She''s a nut and I can''t keep up!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
A house
then a dog
to be taken on as a full time employee
to get in better shape for when we start having kids

...and the new harry potter wii game along with the blu ray of the 6th movie
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Practice happiness, everyday.

cheers--Sharon

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-gal, I''m sorry. You have such a great sense of humor about it though! I''m adding your teeth to my wishlist so I can hope for them too!

I forgot to add that I would very much love a honeymoon with my husband since we weren''t able to take one on our first anniversary as planned.

MC, I hope so too. I hope the number of jobs (and job satisfaction) goes up, period.

Dragonfly: Six is a lot. A lot, a lot. I''m sorry for your losses.

Kaleigh: it is going ot be tough. Best of luck to DD.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
The only thing I really want for 2010 is to take this weight off and keep it off. There''s no better time than the present so I''ve started now but I''d really like 2010 to be the year of no more excuses.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
2010:
*I would like a stress-free safe move from Orlando to Dallas.
*My husband to kick butt at work in TX.
*I would like to find a job in my field(fashion merchandising).
*Family (us included) to stay healthy.
*GET PREGNANT (*fingers crossed*).

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
-I'm hoping for a great local job.
-I'm hoping FI gains a solid idea of how long his PhD is going to take
-I'm hoping to get our cats eating something healthier than Purina kitten chow
-I'm hoping our wedding goes wonderfully, and is just the start of living happily together forever
1.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Great thread!

I am striving to:
1. Continue appreciating everything I have--a wonderful husband, great friends, a good job, a very loving family and the world's two greatest dogs.
2. Buy a house--hopefully something that can happen in EARLY 2010
3. Maybe, possibly be pregnant by the end of the year

I have a few other things on the radar as well--take some cooking classes, go on at least 2 pre-baby trips, enter Bo in more shows...but none of those are as important.

Most of all- for FI to keep his job. I don''t think he is going to lose it really--- but you never know.

THEN, I suppose...

I''d like to lose some weight before the wedding. I''m at my highest weight ever! I was looking at old pics and thought, "I really wasn''t as fat as I thought I was back then.. I''d LOVE to be that weight again!"

I''d like to get married without problems. So far- there is a big one.

I''d like my ear surgery and diamond hunting to go well :D

And, like always, hoping for a huge tax return!! hehe

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
This has been the worst year of my life and unfortunately december is not proving to be any easier. I am hoping, praying, wishing, begging for a better year in 2010. I hope to get into school to start accomplishing a new career goal. I hope for health for my family both mental and physical. I hope my family members find and continue to stay focused. Stability (fingers crossed) and a break from the drama that my life has become.

I will say there are many things I am grateful for. With all the struggles I feel I have grown and found strength and courage I never knew existed inside me. So I am thankful for the changes I have made from within. Still hoping for an easier 2010 for both of us L!
2.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, this hasn''t been a great year in a lot of ways. I hope the new year brings:

* a job for my husband in New England so that if we move back to our home state, we''ll both have good jobs again.
* a decision one way or the other about whether to have kids. I *think* it''s too late at this point but we need to actually decide once and for all so it''s not hanging over our heads.
* more financial stability
* a nice place to live if we do move back home (and not at ma and pa Bartlett''s!)
* a decision by our tenant that she WILL want to buy our condo

I feel like I''m asking for A LOT.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
My wishes for 2010:

* Better health. I don''t have any major problems, but the combination of several small health issues really took a toll on my this year.

* Some kind of change at my job. I love my job, but I''ve been doing the same thing for 5 years, and I''d like to change it up a bit. Given the small size of my agency, though, I''m not sure if this will be possible.

* Strength and patience as my eldest enters her teen years.

* And finally, a lovely eternity band to celebrate my 15th anniversary!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Looking forward to 2010 too, although I looked very forward to 2009 a year ago because my FI (then BF) had just gotten home from a year in Iraq.

Love to see happen...
1) A job (currently unemployed) for me that I don''t absolutely hate
2) New job for FI that he enjoys
3) Stability in both our jobs so we can finally start saving/get out of debt
4) A successful and wonderful wedding in September with minimal stress
5) Health for my aging grandfather and FI''s grandmother
6) A dog!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
good luck on making those dreams come true everybody!!

For 2010 I desire to:

-get my e-ring finished!!
-turn out a stellar application to med school
-rock the MCAT
-help FI plan and get ready for the wedding
-enjoy my last semesters of undergrad
-learn to relax and have some "me" time without feeling guilty about it

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Great thread:

- For DH to get a better job
- For my parents to not lose their home
- For my younger brother to propose to his girlfriend
- For my children to stay happy, healthy, thriving!
- For me to get the other matching diamond band for my set!
3.gif

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
My hopes for 2010:

For my BF to propose.

For my BF to get a job right after graduation.

To be 1 year closer to my degree.

To deal with the job I have now with the positive reminder that it won't be my job for long.

To save, save and SAVE!
41.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Best of luck making all your 2010 dreams come true, everyone!

For me, I hope 2010 brings:
~acceptance to a Law School.
~direction on whether I actually want to pursue Law School or not!
~sanity in all of my travels this year (3 out of town weddings, visiting family, vacation...maybe).
~word that SO has been retained at our office (his 2 year mark/retention date is in February).
~all of my friends getting married the beautiful days they''ve dreamed about.
~jobs and direction in life for my sister and SO''s brothers.
~a proposal and a beautiful sparkly!
30.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope 2010 will be a better one for all of us.

Here''s the list of what I''d like, in no particular order:

- for DH to continue to do well in his job, or even better; more bonuses and/ or a substantial pay rise would be great
- for my own father and MIL to still continue to be in good health and enjoy their 90th birthday in 2010
- for me to become conversant in Chinese and get a good job (either in my regular profession, ie. audit/ fraud investigation or in finance/ investment)
- for both DH and I to be in good health and not have to deal with any major illness
- for us to pay down some of our mortgages and do better with our investments (we haven''t done too badly so far, but would like to do much better)
- people at the local Comm Centre where I votunteer to appreciate what I really do (I think they''re taking advantage of me a bit and/ or not making full use of my expertise, but I still persevere, as I think or rather hope that what I''m doing is benefitting the children and the people the Centre is supposed to help)
- on a more superficial level, I''d like larger ear studs and a 4.5-5ct BGD solitaire ring!!
3.gif
1.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I hope 2010 will be a better year for all of us too:

My mom and dad both got laid off from their jobs this year...mom found a great new job and my dad started his own business last month that is doing pretty well...my hope is for his business to take off next year.

My only other wish is to have a healthy, happy baby in Jan. and for my other son to stay his healthy, happy self.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 5:06:22 PM
Author:Gypsy

Me:

Diamond Earrings
3.gif

gypsy, I could have written that post exactly as is, except for the earring part! I don''t want earrings!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I'm hoping for a new job that I will enjoy doing and that doesn't involve travel. I'm currently out of work, so for my non-working time I'd like more of a sense of purpose.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Gypsy, I''m sorry you''re feeling so lost and that you hate your job (I''ve definitely been there - it''s what drove me to go to law school. Oops.)! Even if it doesn''t get better right away, it will get better eventually. And diamond earrings certainly don''t hurt!
If I can make a suggestion - I always feel most grounded and full of a sense of purpose when I''m doing some kind of consistent volunteer work. I don''t know if you do this already, or if you even have any free time for it, but it can be great for the soul.

The next year is bound to be a rocky one for my family, so I''m hoping that it surprises me by being more peaceful and smooth than I''m anticipating, and that I can have the strength to find my own peace amidst the chaos.

I am also hoping to find a job. Preferably one I like, but most of all, one where I feel like I''m making a difference.
And bringing home paycheck!
3.gif

That''s it; there''s not much else I''m hoping for in the next year!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I hope that I can power through my last semester of law school and convince myself that there was some point to it.

I''d like to figure out what I want to do with my life and find a job that fits.

I hope that DH gets some awesome career opportunities -- his career is stable but not that exciting, and a little extra spice would make him much happier.

I want my family and friends to be in good health.

I *will* take serious steps to learn DH''s first language.

And I hope that everything my fellow PSers wish for will come to pass for you all!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really looking forward to 2010 also. I''m hoping:
that my family and friends and pets (especially Amber) stay healthy for another year and that Mups lumps don''t come back.
That DH finds a full time job, preferably in his field.
That I can save a bit of money
That I get through another year of college.
That I keep losing weight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results