shape
carat
color
clarity

How many pieces of jewelry should a girl wear at once?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I know that there have been threads before about what people are wearing, so I apologize for "the same ole thing" syndrome, but I have to ask. How many pieces of jewelry should a girl wear every day? Is there too much? Is simpler always better? Is simpler better as we age? Or visa versa? Fewer but nicer? Or, more but delicate pieces? What about that addage, keep the sparkle in one place? I think I read that Cindy Crawford said that. And Coco Chanel comes to mind....

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 6:03:12 AM
Author: strmrdr
Strmdr, I LOVE your posts-you always make me smile. You''ve outwitted me here. Is this a lemon pie thing? (I came on after this and am still trying to understand what it means...)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Julia Lemon Pie is a diffuser which was originally used to illustrate people have different tastes, be it ICY WHITE D diamonds or warmer K's and L's etc, some only want VVS - others think a small inclusion adds character.

Now , you will get SOME people who are KIWI lovers( hmm Deco!) who will disagree till the cows come home that Lemon Pie is the BEST EVER and that I will say again kiwi lovers don't have any taste buds!

I hope this gives you the general picture Julia regarding the famous Lemon Pie. I think it was Aldjewey that actually started it and it took off!

Look here for the original lemon pie thread

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 6:45:20 AM
Author: Lorelei
Julia Lemon Pie is a diffuser which was originally used to illustrate people have different tastes, be it ICY WHITE D diamonds or warmer K''s and L''s etc, some only want VVS - others think a small inclusion adds character.

Now , you will get SOME people who are KIWI lovers( hmm Deco!) who will disagree till the cows come home that Lemon Pie is the BEST EVER and that I will say again kiwi lovers don''t have any taste buds!

I hope this gives you the general picture Julia regarding the famous Lemon Pie. I think it was Aldjewey that actually started it and it took off!

Look here for the original lemon pie thread
Oh, I see. Thank you Lorelei for the explanation. Btw, I enjoyed immensely reading ICY WHITE''s posts back when- good times, good times-read like a novel.
34.gif

I like blackberry cobbler-high maintenance to eat, crunchy on the outside, tart yet sweet.

Okay, so what does 102.5 mean? Are y''all laughin at me?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
OH, I just saw (duh) the link to the original thread on the lemon pie. Must go read. Hold on...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As many as she wants!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2006 6:56:07 AM
Author: justjulia

I like blackberry cobbler-high maintenance to eat, crunchy on the outside, tart yet sweet.
?
TRAITOR TO LEMON
16.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 7:17:31 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
As many as she wants!
2.gif
Ok, I see-thanks. I just thought there was a message in the number, from a thread I''d missed.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 7:20:50 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 6/13/2006 6:56:07 AM

?
TRAITOR TO LEMON
16.gif
Now, let''s see... I think my track record speaks for itself. I''m AM a FRUIT, I don''t just EAT THEM. rofl As you know, I went from raspberry to lemon, back to raspberry, to lemon, blackberry, pumpkin, raspberry, lemon, lemon, raspberry, blackberry, lemon, raspberry, and then had my taste buds surgically removed. Am currently contemplating having them permanently grafted to my ears.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 5:50:36 AM
Author:justjulia
I know that there have been threads before about what people are wearing, so I apologize for 'the same ole thing' syndrome, but I have to ask. How many pieces of jewelry should a girl wear every day? Is there too much? Is simpler always better? Is simpler better as we age? Or visa versa? Fewer but nicer? Or, more but delicate pieces? What about that addage, keep the sparkle in one place? I think I read that Cindy Crawford said that. And Coco Chanel comes to mind....
I think it depends n your geographic area.

I live in texas, land of big rocks. I have a co-worker from new england who winces when she sees me. but I am quite the norm in houston.

typical work day, dressed up
engagement ring on left hand
pawn shop pear on left hand
diamond or colored stone on right hand
5 stone diamond pinky ring on right hand
matching diamond or colored stone bracelet
matching diamond or colored stone pendant
matching diamond or dangly colored stone earring in first holes
tiny diamond studs 0.10 ct each in second holes

If I look in the mirror and I have on two SHOW PIECES, i will take one off and let one be the star. now, keep in mind i weigh 240 pounds. I am a BIG lady and I use BIG pieces. tiny litle dainty doesn't work for me. IN texas it is quite common to wear a lot of jewelry. and when you hit a certain age you stop caring what people think
11.gif

edited to add: when I wear the huge diamond cluster heart (it is as big as a half dollar) all else comes off. if I wore glitterata's eagle foot ring, that would be the "show piece". To back off on every thing else.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you don't LOVE LEMON - you must have the same genetic makeup as Deco!
41.gif
Flipping blackberries and their pips - Pip Pie is all they make
14.gif
Bring on the lemons!

Lady K that is one of the advantages of hitting 40 - I don't care what anyone thinks either about my blingage
25.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Y''all crack me up. I always thought by my age I''ve have "the look" together. Nope. Not a chance. But speaking of red diamonds (did somebody in lemon thread say red?), I saw a woman with a huge blood read one recently and it was amazing.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wear as much or as little as you like - whatever floats your boat! It''s my blingage that got me the nickname Miss Got Rocks!

As for the pie, I''m a chocolate girl!
emsmilep.gif
Lemon won''t work for me - got to be chocolate!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
in a vicodin induced haze I was making a joke that should be 102.5ct
it totaly depends on the person some people look bad with more than 2 rings, necklace and earrings where other people can get by with much more than that.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I read somewhere that in art and in jewelry, 3s look the best. I never try to wear more than 3 pieces of jewelry (so e-ring and w-ring count as one, watch, necklace, for example). I think the look gets cluttered with more.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I always heard that you should have no more than 10 pieces on at once. Now this counts earrings separately! So if you have 2 earrings, plus a wedding set, that''s 4, add a watch, that''s 5, a rhr and you''re up to 6, throw on a necklace and you''re at 7, add a bracelet and you''re at 8, and you still have room for two more pieces.... I generalyl follow this rule. Of course I''m not sure how it applies to stack rings and anniversary bands...
2.gif

also heard that if you''re into subtlety, you should turn around and face away from the mirror, spin around and see what catches your eye first. Take that off and you''re ok. Of course, if its your hot pink fuschia top, you may be in trouble leaving the house without it!
2.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 12:55:24 PM
Author: lizz
I read somewhere that in art and in jewelry, 3s look the best. I never try to wear more than 3 pieces of jewelry (so e-ring and w-ring count as one, watch, necklace, for example). I think the look gets cluttered with more.
curious what geographic location?

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
I think it really depends on the person, the location, the person''s profession, etc. I personally think that less is more. Wearing less jewelry brings attention to the jewelry you do wear and also doesn''t detract attention from you just being you. Sometimes I see people wearing rings on every finger and it really distracts me when I am talking to them. Before I got engaged, I usually wore earrings, a necklace, watch and sometimes a bracelet. Now I wear my e-ring and hardly ever wear bracelets anymore. I feel like limiting the amount of jewelry in the hand area. But it all depends on the person. Some people can pull it off better than others.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 7:50:43 AM
Y''all crack me up. I always thought by my age I''ve have ''the look'' together. Nope. Not a chance.
Yeah, me, too!
I used to joke around that I did not wear jewelry during the child-rearing years. I literally had no time in the morning to even think about it, much less select something and put it on.

In the last few years, I have done a big turnaround.

I''ve been buying sweet little vintage pieces, getting gifts from hubby and a few other extravagances.

Some days I just load it all on and go!
I totally agree with everyone saying, at my age, I do not care!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
My grandmother used to wear several diamond e-ring type rings on each hand (right and left hand ring fingers). They were the old fashioned kind that had much smaller diamonds though. For her, having grown up in the depression, I know she felt like a queen having all those rings but what I find more interesting (and she never talked about it) was how she GOT all those rings. My grandfather was on the questionable side of the law in his younger days. I don''t think he did anything too serious, maybe just ran some poker games and such but I believe several of those rings were won in poker games.
emwink.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i don''t count the watch as a piece of jewelry. cheapie disposable black leather band timex. i think i made under ten rule!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
On a typical day I wear

ering and eternity band
RHR
Earrings
Necklace
watch

I don''t wear bracelets, they drive me nuts!! Bummer cause I do love those diamond tennis bracelets.
31.gif

Lemon pie RULES!!!!
11.gif
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should wear as many as you can load up on every appendage you have.
2.gif

I don''t think there''s any hard and fast rule, nor would I abide by one if there was.
11.gif

On a daily basis I wear:
ering/wband
earrings
pendant
toe rings

Occasionally, a bracelet as well.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 11:09:51 AM
it totaly depends on the person some people look bad with more than 2 rings, necklace and earrings where other people can get by with much more than that.
How''s the mouth doing? Wicked stuff, vicodin. Hope you feel better SOON.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 3:04:27 PM
Date: 6/13/2006 11:09:51 AM

How''s the mouth doing? Wicked stuff, vicodin. Hope you feel better SOON.
not too good but doubling up on the vicodin and flying higher than the clouds! (1 every 4hours instead of 1 or 2 every 6)

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
On a daily basis I wear:

ering/wband
diamond studs
watch on left wrist

and on days I want to spice things up? my RHR

I think there is such a thing as overkill though...

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Storm posting high is even more entertaining than Storm posting in general
2.gif

It''s funny: for a girl who LUUUUUURRVES bling, I sure don''t wear much jewelry.

A typical day:
my RHR (.46ct in wg antique filagree setting)
1/3 ct bezel pendent--very simple.

I don''t have pierced ears and only occasionally wear my stainless seiko watch. If I''m going out I might wear a big chunky carnelian necklace or my "silver balls" and occasionally a sterling silver (thick) bangle on my left hand. I''m boring!

Typical day on the road (can''t wear nice jewelry for children''s theatre!!):
turquoise pendant
sterling and turquoise rings--two stacked on my rh ring finger.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
geez, aren''t there enough ''rules'' about living that there has to be rules about wearing jewelry?!

wear what you want, when you want, as often as you want! and mix those metals while you''re at it, if you want.

i always thought jewelry was supposed to be about ''me'' and what made me happy....not about what others would think.

movie zombie

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 1:11:01 PM
Author: ladykemma

Date: 6/13/2006 12:55:24 PM
Author: lizz
curious what geographic location?
I live in N FL, but I don''t think I''ve heard this locally. It''s just something I read somewhere, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results