shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds OFF during manicures???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies!

Do you take your rings off while you get manicures?

Where do you put it? Keeping it on would get lotion (from the hand massage) and nail file dust all embedded in it, right?

But then putting it on the table feels weird with all the people walking by...

Ring on or off during manicures?
35.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i try not to take them with me for a manicure. that way i don''t have to worry about where to place it or getting it dirty.
i wouldn''t dare leave it on a table out in the open, though. maybe stow it away in your purse pocket or some place safer?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Well after the woman doing my manicure put a big old blop of lotion right on top of my diamond
29.gif
and I spent 15 minutes washing just to get it all out, I will never wear my ring for a mani again

20.gif

I leave it at home.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I try to remember to leave my rings home but it is hard. If not, I never take them off in the salon.

I would rather get lotion blob on it than remove it.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think this would work for the length of a manicure but I once read in a really old fashioned book of tips for ladies, that if you need to remove your rings to wash hands or whatever to pop them in your mouth which will prevent you from ever losing them. The obvious risk of choking wasn''t mentioned so I assume I am the only person likely to forget and swallow them!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t go for manicures too often, but when I do, I usually thread them on my necklace to avoid forgetting them.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
jcrow, I agree! It''s so weird putting it on a table where it could get bumped off. I guess I should leave it at home.
18.gif
Yours is so lovely! You know, I once heard a story on PS about someone who put her diamond ring in her purse and it got chipped! From being in her purse! Can you believe it?

fieryred33143, I know! So the other day I got a mani-pedi and the lady put lotion all over my ring before she gave me a hand massage. And she was rubbing the lotion into the ring, too. LOL. Totally my fault, because what else was she supposed to do? But I took it off during the filing -- there was nail dust everywhere! Yuck-o! And the nail dust was sticking to the lotion on the ring. Eeeeewwwww. I took it off and put it on the table. Then putting it on while I was drying my nails was another chore. Other women seemed not to mind and they kept their rings on!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan, you really leave yours on?
31.gif
I think the lady might get lost in your diamond and paint it accidentally! LOL.

LottieUK, I heard that as well! It is not a bad idea at all! When I wash my hands, I just wash the ring along with it. I wonder if hard water deposits get on the ring? They do from the water on tile and glass...

neatfreak, the thought of a necklace occurred to me as well! Genius.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss, if I go somewhere new with it on I get a lot of comments. But mostly I go to one girl where I live and she is used to it by now!!!

I am always worried about forgetting it or losing it. Sometimes she lotions the tops of my hands more. Which my dog loves to lick off when I come home!!!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:16:06 AM
Author: Bliss
jcrow, I agree! It's so weird putting it on a table where it could get bumped off. I guess I should leave it at home.
18.gif
Yours is so lovely! You know, I once heard a story on PS about someone who put her diamond ring in her purse and it got chipped! From being in her purse! Can you believe it?

fieryred33143, I know! So the other day I got a mani-pedi and the lady put lotion all over my ring before she gave me a hand massage. And she was rubbing the lotion into the ring, too. LOL. Totally my fault, because what else was she supposed to do? But I took it off during the filing -- there was nail dust everywhere! Yuck-o! And the nail dust was sticking to the lotion on the ring. Eeeeewwwww. I took it off and put it on the table. Then putting it on while I was drying my nails was another chore. Other women seemed not to mind and they kept their rings on!

oh i believe it! once i forgot it on and the girl wanted to just drop it into my purse. all haphazard like
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

um, no thank. so i snuck it into a little empty inner pocket in my purse and eyed the dickens out of my purse the entire mani.

eta: she also wouldn't let me keep them on. i guess i could have put up more of a fuss... i should have just kept that sucker on!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I keep a ring-box in my bag - they go in there and the bag on my knee.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hey Diamondfan, how could ANYONE get used to your ring? LOL. I think she''s moderated her reaction but I''m sure that is a joy to look at every time.
30.gif

Jcrow, that is insaaaaane. She wanted to drop your ring in your purse with your keys in them and everything? Aaaack! And then she wouldn''t let you keep it on? I guess it would be tough -- that is quite a lovely rock... but a rock!
31.gif
I guess it''s good to leave the ring at home, but what a shame! Then when you admire your manicure at the end, you have to look at an empty hand!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhh, Pandora! Ring box! Good idea! I''m going with a soft ring pouch or something next time.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:31:36 AM
Hey Diamondfan, how could ANYONE get used to your ring? LOL. I think she''s moderated her reaction but I''m sure that is a joy to look at every time.
30.gif

Jcrow, that is insaaaaane. She wanted to drop your ring in your purse with your keys in them and everything? Aaaack! And then she wouldn''t let you keep it on? I guess it would be tough -- that is quite a lovely rock... but a rock!
31.gif
I guess it''s good to leave the ring at home, but what a shame! Then when you admire your manicure at the end, you have to look at an empty hand!

awe, thanks for the compliment
5.gif

yeh, i really should have fought her harder on that one! yep. big ole purse and wanted to plop it right in. i''d never find it with all the stuff i had in it that day
6.gif
i know, i hate leaving the ring at home... but the chance of losing it or making it all gooey with gunk is just not worth it. you can imagine how i felt leaving my rings home for our honeymoon
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
but i''m so glad i did. i''ll continue to do so with long trips. especially those outside of the country. just not worth the headache.
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:32:44 AM
Ahhhhh, Pandora! Ring box! Good idea! I''m going with a soft ring pouch or something next time.

yeh, i totally hadn''t thought of that. doh!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I normally don''t get salon manicures . . . I give myself a mani-pedi at home once a week instead!
filenails.gif

But on the few occasions when I have gotten a salon manicure, I have taken my rings off. I did just let them sit on the table, but it was in a private room so there weren''t people walking by all the time. I like the idea of stringing them on your necklace though! That would make it pretty hard to forget them!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
the necklace idea is good IF someone helps you so you do not ruin your nails! I also have grip issues and small clasps have become very tough for me to manage.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I nipped into a salon across from my dentist on the off chance they could trim/polish my nails--and they could. I was wearing my usual suspects and thought about putting them in my pocket, but my pockets were shallow, so I left them on. I turned my ER around and the tech said to me"are you trying to hide your ring?" I thought it was the best option since it would look funny, to me, to have my hand jeweled up for this prodecudre....
33.gif
. If it were a planned appt, I definately would have left them at home.

cheers--Sharon

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:35:57 AM
Author: jcrow

30.gif

31.gif

5.gif

yeh, i really should have fought her harder on that one! yep. big ole purse and wanted to plop it right in. i''d never find it with all the stuff i had in it that day
6.gif
i know, i hate leaving the ring at home... but the chance of losing it or making it all gooey with gunk is just not worth it. you can imagine how i felt leaving my rings home for our honeymoon
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
but i''m so glad i did. i''ll continue to do so with long trips. especially those outside of the country. just not worth the headache.
2.gif
Aiiiiyeeeee! You left your rings at home during the honeymoon? Smart smart smart but you must have missed them SOOOOO much! FI made me leave my ring at home when we were in Mexico and I was soooo sad. But once I was there, I was really glad because I didn''t want to put us in danger and no one was wearing their diamonds!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Irishgrrl, if you can work a necklace -- go for it!

Diamondfan, that is true! I know I'd get nicks if I were using my nails to work a necklace clasp. Ring pouch it is!!! LOL. I guess you could tie your Tiffany around your neck with a shoestring! That image makes me laugh! Can you imagine??! Putting a 9+ carat diamond around your neck with a shoestring?! The idea! Too funny!
36.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Sharon -- that is so funny! Why in the world would she think that? It''s a good idea so you don''t get polish on it, nail dust all over it & have it knocked about in general. The lotion thing I guess you wouldn''t be able to prevent.

That is such a priceless moment, though! "Are you trying to hide your ring?" LOL. There should be pretty little dishes for e-rings and other rings beside the manicurist station.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2008 11:48:09 AM
Sharon -- that is so funny! Why in the world would she think that? It''s a good idea so you don''t get polish on it, nail dust all over it & have it knocked about in general. The lotion thing I guess you wouldn''t be able to prevent.

That is such a priceless moment, though! ''Are you trying to hide your ring?'' LOL. There should be pretty little dishes for e-rings and other rings beside the manicurist station.
Bliss, this is SO true! If I was a manicurist, I would definitely have a pretty little dish for clients'' rings and I would make a habit of checking it before they leave so they don''t forget their sparklies!
21.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:52:12 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Sharon -- that is so funny! Why in the world would she think that? It's a good idea so you don't get polish on it, nail dust all over it & have it knocked about in general. The lotion thing I guess you wouldn't be able to prevent.

That is such a priceless moment, though! 'Are you trying to hide your ring?' LOL. There should be pretty little dishes for e-rings and other rings beside the manicurist station.
Bliss, this is SO true! If I was a manicurist, I would definitely have a pretty little dish for clients' rings and I would make a habit of checking it before they leave so they don't forget their sparklies!
21.gif
Yes, Irishgrrl! And the little dish would be under a halogen spotlight. And the dish would rotate like those QVC commercials so while you're getting your nails done, you can watch your ring sparkle.

Or... LOL... have a ceramic "hand model" you can put your ring on. And the finger would be like a size 3 so you can ogle your ring on a teeny tiny finger while you're getting your nails done. LOLOLOL. I hope FI doesn't see this because he will know that I have gone off my rocker!
35.gif

Oh! Or while you're getting your nails done, your ring is in an ultrasonic bath whizzing away so when you're done, you get a sparkly ring to put on!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:44:12 AM
Date: 8/26/2008 11:35:57 AM
Author: jcrow
30.gif

31.gif

5.gif

6.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
2.gif

Aiiiiyeeeee! You left your rings at home during the honeymoon? Smart smart smart but you must have missed them SOOOOO much! FI made me leave my ring at home when we were in Mexico and I was soooo sad. But once I was there, I was really glad because I didn''t want to put us in danger and no one was wearing their diamonds!

i did. and boy did i miss them.
11.gif

but again, it was sooo worth it. i bought a plain band i dubbed my honeymoon band. it''s knife edge just like my rings so i can swap out my bands as needed for a different look too
9.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:55:22 AM
Yes, Irishgrrl! And the little dish would be under a halogen spotlight. And the dish would rotate like those QVC commercials so while you''re getting your nails done, you can watch your ring sparkle.

Or... LOL... have a ceramic ''hand model'' you can put your ring on. And the finger would be like a size 3 so you can ogle your ring on a teeny tiny finger while you''re getting your nails done. LOLOLOL. I hope FI doesn''t see this because he will know that I have gone off my rocker!
35.gif

Oh! Or while you''re getting your nails done, your ring is in an ultrasonic bath whizzing away so when you''re done, you get a sparkly ring to put on!
LOL

I almost bought about 7 different rings because of the way they make everything sparkle.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
jcrow, I agree! It''s so weird putting it on a table where it could get bumped off. I guess I should leave it at home.
18.gif

I usually put both of my rings (ER nad RHR) in the inner pocket of my purse. I may start taking a little ring purse from Yurman with me now.
32.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:55:22 AM
Date: 8/26/2008 11:52:12 AM

Author: Irishgrrrl

That is such a priceless moment, though! ''Are you trying to hide your ring?'' LOL. There should be pretty little dishes for e-rings and other rings beside the manicurist station.
Bliss, this is SO true! If I was a manicurist, I would definitely have a pretty little dish for clients'' rings and I would make a habit of checking it before they leave so they don''t forget their sparklies!
21.gif

Yes, Irishgrrl! And the little dish would be under a halogen spotlight. And the dish would rotate like those QVC commercials so while you''re getting your nails done, you can watch your ring sparkle.

Or... LOL... have a ceramic ''hand model'' you can put your ring on. And the finger would be like a size 3 so you can ogle your ring on a teeny tiny finger while you''re getting your nails done. LOLOLOL. I hope FI doesn''t see this because he will know that I have gone off my rocker!
35.gif

Oh! Or while you''re getting your nails done, your ring is in an ultrasonic bath whizzing away so when you''re done, you get a sparkly ring to put on!

ultrasonic bath! BRILLIANT.
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I put my rings in my purse if I''m getting a manicure, and put them on again when my nails are dry.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
I take mine off just while the lady is doing the massage, then it comes right back on :)

I like the mouth idea! It SHOULD be safe there!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2008 11:59:51 AM
Author: meresal

18.gif

I usually put both of my rings (ER nad RHR) in the inner pocket of my purse. I may start taking a little ring purse from Yurman with me now.
32.gif
Meresal~

What is this little ring purse you speak of?!?! We need a LINK, please!!!
27.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results