shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you exhausted?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
It seems like many on the 'what are you feeling thread' are feeling exhausted or overworked or stressed. Are you one of them? How come?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stressed. Job dilemma. Application essays.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yep,

working full time- end of year coming up-busier times, raising two kiddos, volunteering at DDs school, church duties, helping DH finish school, help him with GMAT ( I feel like a single parent sometimes- since he does work full time as well, while getting sick, Traveling to/fro family out of state due to illness, helping DH sort through family estate issues, trying to train kitty, not enough time in the day to clean, cook homemade meals everday and be super mommy and lack of sleep since my youngest DD is now starting to wake up in the middle of the night just recently :cry:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
My work consists of sitting in a room with no windows looking at 3 computer monitors, a myriad of important programs for 12 hours at a time with two 24 hour cable news channels on. For sitting on ones butt all day you'd be surprised at how drained you feel at the end of a day. Especially when nothing happens.

ETA: I'm at work now

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I'm exhausted today! :knockout: Only got three hours sleep last night - from 3 am - 6 am - thanks to having to do something for work. Bah! I can barely keep my eyes open. I hate feeling like I'm dragging through the day and waiting for it to end so that I can go to sleep. Such a waste of a day. :knockout:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
So many exhausted PS'ers!

I'm feelin' it too. Baw.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom is in (or was in) back surgery this morning and I don't know if she's done or how it went or anything. Wishing I had been there with her, knowing she didn't want a fuss, scared at what could be happening.

Had Thanksgiving on Sunday (because of mom's surgery) so I got almost no sleep this weekend and was on my feet scrambling to cook and clean (luckily FI did most of the cleaning!).

Working part time plus a bit. -- Year end craziness going on right now. RMD, account fees, card mailings, etc.
Office is being painted this weekend. Phone wiring awful. (my phone is not usable today).

School -- got about 3 weeks left this quarter. Have an exam in calculus on Tuesday and my final 2 weeks later. Programming homework and a quiz due this weekend.

Finances -- Just had to register for my next quarter. Still have to send check to the IRS. Have to pay tax-guy's bill. Lots of other bills starting to pile up.
My checking account was compromised so the bank put a block on my account (see "piling up bills" above) and bills are bouncing out because I am waiting for my new numbers.

Weather sucks. It is cold (got to -5 F last night -- NOT normal here), icy, snowy, and just miserable. Doesn't help that the office building has an old heater unit that can't keep up so the temperature in my office is going back and forth between 60 - 70 degrees.

One cat has asthma so the house has had to be kept super clean and she has an inhaler to use when she has an attack. When I'm there I worry every time she breathes slow (like sleeping), snores, sneezes, wheezes, is too quiet, etc. and when I'm at work I worry about if she is breathing okay.

Wedding. (See finances above) Been engaged since March. No real planning done. Had a date --- have to pick a new one due to a scheduling conflict that would affect about 50% of our guests. No new date picked (see the rest of why I'm exhausted)

House. Kitchen floor is a mess - not sure subflooring is good either. Floors in the rest of the house are peeling, separating, cracking, chipping.... Toilet in the main bathroom seems to be leaking. Need LOTS more insullation (see weather!).

So.... yeah.... exhausted. There is just SOooooo much going on right now and much of it doesn't have an end in sight.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I definitely feel exhausted nearly every day. I get up at 6.20 and leave the house at about 6.45 to get into college for 7.30. Some days I have lectures and labs all day until 6 and then I go to the gym and do an two hours up there. By the time I get home it's nearly 9, have some dinner with DH and try and do an hour or two study and then sleep. On my working days, I leave college at 1 and I'm in work until 9.30. I would love a week off where I could just do absolutely nothing.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Sick dog is main source of stress--round 2 of chemo is this weekend. Haven't had more than 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep in a month. Haven't slept in my bed in a month. Long hours at work right now. Preparing T'giving dinner. Interviewing at 3 other companies next week and trying to coordinate around my crazy work schedule. I can handle regular day-to-day stress, but lately it's been tough.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am! I'm sick with a sinus infection and my voice is almost gone. Being sick always leaves me feeling drained. I'm so glad we're on Thanksgiving break until Monday. There's also been a few things in my personal life that haven't been going well, so that's taxing too.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and I forgot to add that I haven't been sleeping well. If I get up in the middle of the night, or around 4am or so, I'm awake for the day. I've been getting into work ridiculously early (like, 1.5 hours before I HAVE to be there) just so I can stay busy. Crazy I know. I usually crash once I get home after work.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always feel tired. I have felt this way for as long as I can remember but school did push me over the edge.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. Basically because I'm 9 months pregnant, and still working 12 hr overnight shifts... And I suppose your first baby brings a boatload of stress. Getting the house ready, worrying about the new 'mother' role, dealing with the changing role between myself and DH... it's all a little overwhelming. Sure, we're super excited, but we're stressed, too.
I'd have a glass of wine if I could :rodent:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, i have a very stressful job and an rocky relationship with my hubby, life pretty much sucks right now :(sad

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, mother had a stroke in October, came home today, needs a lot of assistance, brother and I (caregivers) are shell-shocked, overwhelmed and exhausted. And it's only the first day :errrr:

ETA: Hugs to everyone who is struggling right now! I hope things start looking up for all of us soon.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I'm barely hanging on by a thread. I feel like my work is stealing the life out of me. In the last week, a friend of mine (he was 28 years old and his wife is 8.5 months pregnent) died following heart surgery. He coded, and was declared brain dead. I was the one that spent the last night with him, taking care of him until the morning he left to become an organ donor. And two days before that, a 23 year old boy died following a heart transplant. Something about seeing my friend die...I function in a fog. I can not understand a world that allows a 28 year old man die. Only 2 weeks before he will meet his baby. And a lovely girl who is now a widow and will raise her baby without the love of her life. His mother buried her son with a bright, wonderful future. And all of this happened because we were too slow to save him. I'm tired all the time. I get to work and all I can think about is going home and getting away from this.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I am definitely in the exhausted group. Emotionally I am just drained. The back and forth with recent SO, having to deal with my grandfather who really threw me over the edge today, dealing with a horse who isn't holding weight, stressful job, school and dealing with a new professor in the middle of the semester, Sigh.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exhausted: very. I can't get to sleep until after 4 am and puppy wakes up at 6am.

Stressed: DH's company was taken over a few months ago and 1200 people were layed off. His position has never been in danger, but he's working much longer hours and adjusting to new management. I keep having nightmares that he loses his job and we lose our house. Neither is very likely at all. It's ALL in my head. ;))

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I work in 3 different hospitals. I'm always tired.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I think the holiday season can be exhausting for many people. There's so much to do and a lot of social obligation in a relatively short amount of time- Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year's. Last year seemed like a series of massive feasts and it's a lot of work (and you can gain a lot of weight!) but this year I'm keeping it very low key. I'm not exhausted and I intend to keep it that way this year. :saint:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
allycat0303|1290652547|2778776 said:
I'm barely hanging on by a thread. I feel like my work is stealing the life out of me. In the last week, a friend of mine (he was 28 years old and his wife is 8.5 months pregnent) died following heart surgery. He coded, and was declared brain dead. I was the one that spent the last night with him, taking care of him until the morning he left to become an organ donor. And two days before that, a 23 year old boy died following a heart transplant. Something about seeing my friend die...I function in a fog. I can not understand a world that allows a 28 year old man die. Only 2 weeks before he will meet his baby. And a lovely girl who is now a widow and will raise her baby without the love of her life. His mother buried her son with a bright, wonderful future. And all of this happened because we were too slow to save him. I'm tired all the time. I get to work and all I can think about is going home and getting away from this.

My condolences.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I have been for the past few weeks, I was just telling DH last night!

The stomach flu has ravaged my house. If a tool/car/household appliance can break, it has in the past month (even down to sewer pipes buried in my front yard pouring raw sewage on my newly sodded $6,000 lawn which had to be completely dug up). My best friend's 22 year old daughter (who I am like an aunt to) is making MAJORLY HUGE life choices that are going to ruin her, and it's all I can do everyday to try to talk some sense in her and try to keep her mother sane. My brother has been out of work for over a year, and has 5 kids and a wife who feels she is too good to work, so I have been paying 2 mortgages for 13 months now and this will be the second Christmas that I am Santa to 9 kids.

Berryluv

Rough_Rock
Exhausted...yes. That would be how I'd describe me over the last few weeks.
We had a death in the family. I've started a new job and I'm going to school. It's all I can do to keep my eyes open to study at night after looking at a computer the entire day. I've been unsuccessful in getting everything I need to do done and when I go to bed, I think about what I have to do the next day. I wish I could flip a switch and just rest.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with Alleycat, just hanging on by a thread. I have one son in months 9 of 12 in rehab, daughter getting a divorce and moved
back home, one son in college who brings home a girlfriend who is very sweet, but very shy and hard to get to know. It is stressful
just having her over. The regents just raised college tuition another 800. for next year after a 1600. increase this year. My 14 year
old got in a fight at school after being harassed for several months and we have struggled with him over his grades. I have taken
away everything I can and I hate having to do that. One son with a brain injury. Husband who I adore, making me nuts. Tired of
paying everything for everybody. Tired just tired. I need a vacation from my life. DH mother just had a heart attack, packed up the
family and drove 250 miles to see them. FIL having health issues too. Getting too darn close to menopause. Not enough vitamins
in the world to cover all this.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle, I'm so sorry. My brother had a head injury after an car accident when he was 16 and was in a coma for 6 months and a rehabilitation hospital for 3. I know how hard that it and that alone could more than make a person tired. Hang in there.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Drama with family members.

Not helped by constant tooth pain. I'm on corticosteroids that help, but make me manic one minute, crash the next, and then stare at the ceiling for the remainder of the night. I see a root canal in my future.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Started grad school in September - I wake up at 5:30am for class, sit in class from 7:30 until 5pm, get home at 6, and then I sit and study and write papers until 2 in the morning when I go to sleep just to wake up again at 5:30 in the morning and start over again. Also have fieldwork and now finals are coming up so it's just going to get worse. I do like the program I'm in, so I'm trying to look at the bright side! But I'm so burnt out I hardly ever spend any time with my husband anymore or see family or friends and all I do is study. And I'm not sure how much longer I can go on 2 and a half hours sleep a night... sooo... I'm exhausted ::)

*Hugs* to everyone else who is exhausted and going through hard times in their school, work, or personal lives. 8)

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Yes because:

- Real estate prices in Sydney Australia are expensive. These are the average prices for areas within 20-30 minutes drive from the city: 450-700k for a 2 bedroom apartment; 800k to 1 million or more for a house. 800k will only get you some old tiny 3 bedroom house with hardly any land. I'd say you need to spend 1 million up for a decent place.

Example:
http://www.domain.com.au/Property/Sold/House/NSW/Concord/?adid=2008646862

- Prices of goods in Sydney: Even with our dollar so strong, we're paying usually double the amount for goods. Thank goodness for internet shopping.

- I'm gluten and diary intolerant. Found out this year so no chocolate, no wheat and no cheese. Slowly getting used to my diet. I do break the rules often though and suffer for it. :knockout:

Besides those frustrations, in general I am pretty happy. Just a bit sad I don't have money to splurge at the moment. :D

Gecko - what's with your tooth pain? Have you got it checked by a dentist? Constant pain doesn't sound good.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ya--poor sleeping, commuting and working. Then laundry! Sheesh!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results