shape
carat
color
clarity

are you a sap? is so what makes you cry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I'm a huge sap...I cry when that Foldgers commercial would show "Billy" coming home from college and surprises his mom with fresh brewed coffee at xmas time. I admit it..that makes me cry.

I cry when I watch the movie RUDY (every damn time..I'm balling) or the movie THE CHAMP when he dies at the end.

I cry when I hear the song IF I COULD by Regina Belle. Crying doesn't describe it...its all out BALLING.

I cry to some other songs too...

I cry when I see my kids excited about something..I'm an emotional mess

Those are a few examples..anyone else a big sap like me?

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
I almost never cry but did when my last bird died.

Also seeing Paris Jackson's tearful tribute to her father at the memorial sent me over the edge.

Whatever you think of Michael Jackson, that little gird just lost her dad.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always cry over those Asian American movies (Hero, House of Flying Daggers and others), even though i almost always know how the ending will be (all those chinese movies I''ve grown up with).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when i get my CC bills each month.
39.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
whenever i fly qantas and they say...

"to those of you visiting Australia, welcome! and to those of you returning after your trip away...."

"welcome home."

gets me every single time.

(got tears in my eyes just typing it up!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2009 11:49:38 AM
Author: Moh 10

Also seeing Paris Jackson''s tearful tribute to her father at the memorial sent me over the edge.

Me too and I know there were others here greatly affected by that.
39.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
The sequence in the movie "UP" of the old man and his wife''s life together.
It''s so bittersweet because you know he ends up alone.
(I think it''s because I love my SO so much)

Have to go give someone a hug now.

HD

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 12:40:11 PM
Author: HopeDream
The sequence in the movie ''UP'' of the old man and his wife''s life together.

It''s so bittersweet because you know he ends up alone.

(I think it''s because I love my SO so much)

Have to go give someone a hug now.

HD

damn haven''t seen that movie yet

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cry when I watch the birth shows on Discovery and TLC. I cry when I see the commercial for the dogs/cats and it has that Arms of the Angels song..is it Humane Society or ASPCA? I can''t remember. I get emotional when I see funeral processions-it hurts when someone you love dies, and it makes me sad for the people on their way to bury a loved one. There was a Pampers commercial a little while ago of just sleeping babies-I think it was a Mother''s day commercial, and ohhh it made me teary.

Lots of different songs and movies-you''d think after seeing/hearing them often enough it wouldn''t evoke that reaction, but it does every time.

On another forum I go to, there was a movie posted in parts from youtube, the name had something to do with Fireflies. A Japanese cartoon about war and a little boy and his sister-it was horribly sad.

So, um, yes, I am a total and complete sap.

There''ve been some posts on here too, in support of people, that have had me wiping my eyes.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
yes, i''m a huge sap as well!!

i cry at weddings...especially when the groom''s voice starts to waiver when reciting vows, whenever i get a letter from a troop that i sent a care package to, when couples or families are reunited at the airport, watching Extreme Home Makeover, sappy commercials...one in particular was a Hallmark commercial where a mom and her kid get the mail, and notice that their elderly neighbor across the street is also getting the mail. however, the elderly lady doesn''t get any mail and she looks so heartbroken. the mom decides to get her a Hallmark card, puts it in her mailbox and watches how happy the lady gets when finally got something. i was balling...seriously sobbing when i saw this the first time.

certain movies like Armageddon, the Green Mile, the Shawshank Redemption, the Joy Luck Club, etc... get me going too. oh, and YouTube videos of military dads coming home from overseas and surprising their kids...ugh, it gets me every single time!
39.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kerMm0HG1mk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yX_DujORg8

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 1:01:59 PM
Author: packrat
I cry when I watch the birth shows on Discovery and TLC. I cry when I see the commercial for the dogs/cats and it has that Arms of the Angels song..is it Humane Society or ASPCA? I can''t remember. I get emotional when I see funeral processions-it hurts when someone you love dies, and it makes me sad for the people on their way to bury a loved one. There was a Pampers commercial a little while ago of just sleeping babies-I think it was a Mother''s day commercial, and ohhh it made me teary.

Lots of different songs and movies-you''d think after seeing/hearing them often enough it wouldn''t evoke that reaction, but it does every time.

On another forum I go to, there was a movie posted in parts from youtube, the name had something to do with Fireflies. A Japanese cartoon about war and a little boy and his sister-it was horribly sad.

There''ve been some posts on here too, in support of people, that have had me wiping my eyes.

oh i LOVE that movie! it''s called Grave of the Fireflies and yes, it had me balling. great movie though!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 12:07:10 PM
Author: whitby_2773

''to those of you visiting Australia, welcome! and to those of you returning after your trip away....''

''welcome home.''

I think that''s sweet Kareyn
35.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 1:01:59 PM
Author: packrat

packrat...I cry during the birthing shows too and that commercial with the cats and dogs gets me going too.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Everything makes me cry. On the way home from work Friday I passed a sign that read "Welcome Home Sergeant So & So. We''re Proud Of You!" I cried.

I cry in airports watching people say their goodbyes, and I cry when people run to their loved ones when they have arrived.

I have cried a few times when I''m playing with my little rescue puppy because I think of all the animals who don''t find homes. Our small town animal shelter euthanized 7,000 animals last year - and that really makes me cry.

A few months ago I was shopping with my niece when a very panicked mother began yelling for her child who had gotten away from her. Everyone within earshot dropped what they were doing and looked for the little girl. When someone yelled "she''s over here", I started crying, and my niece laughed at me. I couldn''t help it. I''m pathetic!

We had to take a personality test a work a few weeks ago, and I scored extremely high on empathy. No shocker there.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
vip-thank you! I hate when I can''t remember things!

We had to take our daughter to Children''s hospital in Omaha a year ago, for a little surgery that was no big deal, in and out. I had a hard time seeing so many kids that have cancer and were in wheelchairs. I watched a program about St. Judes on tv, and tho I didn''t see much of it, I spent the whole time crying, thinking of those kids, and how wonderful the hospital is, and what Danny Thomas started..sometimes it just takes one person, and it''s beautiful when people reach out to others like that.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 12:08:48 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 7/19/2009 11:49:38 AM

Author: Moh 10

Also seeing Paris Jackson''s tearful tribute to her father at the memorial sent me over the edge.

Me too and I know there were others here greatly affected by that.
39.gif

Add me to the list too. My heart broke.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
...everything makes me cry, lol!
Weddings are a killer! Even ones on TV where I don''t know the people! Also, ANYTHING sad to do with animals... FF has to change the channel when one of those SPCA commercials comes on...

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I cry often when I see dead animals on the side of the road.
I usually bawl my eyes out when its a porcupine. there a lot of them in NH, they are so cute - they move so slow that I have a hard time to nderstand how people run them over...

Everytime i see a snap/turtle on the road, I ABSOLUTELY stop, take it off of there and put it somewhere else...

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a sap. I get it honestly. My dad is a HUGE sap. I cry at most everything. Songs, movies, thinking about getting married, other people getting married, engagement stories over in LIW, stories in the newspaper, anything and everything animal related good and bad...oh and The Notebook.
26.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I cried when I saw UP.

I cried when I saw Seven Pounds with Will Smith. Heck, I cry whenever I see a sad movie or even when it''s a romantic movie and the hero and heroine finally get together in the end after everything they go thru to realize just how much they''re meant to be together.

I cry every time I see the pound dog commercial where I think it''s either Eukanuba or Pedigree sponsored and if you purchase their produce, proceeds go to benefit the shelter.

I cry every time my Fiance leaves to go back to Seattle after the weekend trips to see me in Tampa...or when I go up to see him and it''s time to go back.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I cry when I listen to certain songs... mostly about love (but they''re always happy tears thinking about my husband).

I used to cry every time I thought about getting married to my husband because I just couldn''t wait and really just wanted to be married already.

I cry at most weddings I go to.

I cry when I say goodbye to people, even when it''s not for a long time.

I cry when I spend any time with my parents together (those are both happy and sad tears because it doesn''t happen often and I love when it does).

I cry during a lot of movies - both happy and sad.

I cry on anniversaries (happy tears).

I''ve cried every birthday the last few years.

I guess you could say I''m a sap
2.gif
1.gif
3.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 8:01:47 PM
Author: Amethyste
I cry often when I see dead animals on the side of the road.

I usually bawl my eyes out when its a porcupine. there a lot of them in NH, they are so cute - they move so slow that I have a hard time to nderstand how people run them over...

Everytime i see a snap/turtle on the road, I ABSOLUTELY stop, take it off of there and put it somewhere else...

very kind, Amethyste :) keep doing what you do...there''s a whooooole lotta little animals out there who appreciate it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cry for nearly everything - touching movies, the ASPCA commercials, when my husband says something particularly heartfelt, during weddings, during proposals . . . and my Mom and sister have about the same tendency.

My Mom''s family swears we were all born with a bladder in between our eyes.
3.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I am a really emotional person..

I cry during sad movies.. I bawl during some like Beaches, American History X, Alpha Dogs, Life As A House and more.

I cry listening to songs... songs about love and loss mostly.

I cry when I see or hear about hurt animals/animal cruelty.

I cry when I hear about people suffering/Cry when I hear about people doing selfless things to help those in need.

I cry when I think about my family or friends getting sick/dying.

All of the above really get to me
15.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 12:07:10 PM
Author: whitby_2773

''to those of you visiting Australia, welcome! and to those of you returning after your trip away....''

''welcome home.''

Awww, whitby! That''s so sweet. I''m tearing up a bit imagining YOU tearing up a bit, haha!
3.gif

As for me, James would laugh and say I cry over EVERYthing. Sometimes even the super-mega-cheesy commercials for mother''s day and Christmas and stuff like that...atroop711, that Folgers commercial has made me cry too!
39.gif
Not even a mom myself but that gets to me...even the lame M&S Christmas commercial that was on last year made me cry a couple of times because it made me miss my family (even though my family isn''t an array of fashion models who prance around in their bras and panties). Oh what is wrong with me...
3.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I have cried....
during MJ''s tribute
when DH leaves me a super sweet note
when a patient on my unit is dying or dies. It''s usually unexpected, and the family''s grief is what gets me started.
patients make me cry when they say really sweet things, too.

My mom cries at the drop of a hat. She cried for days when our hampster, Hammy, died (I think I was 10). She''ll also get really worked up if she can''t find something (she''s a little absent-minded, and loses things a lot).

During sad movies... sometimes. I think it depends on which day of the month it is
5.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 9:24:35 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I cry for nearly everything - touching movies, the ASPCA commercials, when my husband says something particularly heartfelt, during weddings, during proposals . . . and my Mom and sister have about the same tendency.

My Mom''s family swears we were all born with a bladder in between our eyes.
3.gif

now *there''s* a mental image....!!

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results