shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 2nd October - 8th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I feel a bit tired today but we had a busy weekend and I did my workout this morning which went well. With the strength training I think I will change some of the exercises such as the ones for legs like the hip extensions, leg adductions etc - I don''t feel as if they are doing much and they are a bit boring, so I think I need to shake things up a bit and maybe change those exercises for some others which challenge me more. I was good with food, we grabbed BK and I had a couple of bites of a vegeburger and about 10 fries and left the rest!
12.gif

Have a great week everyone!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Way to have some amazing will power Lorelei! I don''t even really love fries but everytime we get some I find myself munching down way more than I should! (which is why I make it a point to stay FAR away from anywhere that has fries!)

Had a great weekend - got a hike in -- we are getting down to the last great weather days here. It will be turning into full blown fall soon -- so had to take advantage of it! Today it is supposed to be high of 79 - when it isn''t thunder storming like crazy. At least I don''t have to get out the sweaters quite yet!

I''m a little more than half way done with my 10day quick start. Missed the workout yesterday - but did the hike instead. I''ve been taking a few liberties with the food plan, but nothing horrible. Took my measurements this morning to just check in and see if there has been any progress and it looks like I have lost about 3.5 - 4 inches already! (measuring biceps, chest, waist, hips, thighs and calves). I cheated a smidge cause I am measuring my belly -- right below my belly button and the program says to measure your "natural waist - at the smallest part of your torso" - which for me is a bit above the belly button. But since it is the smallest part - I''m not concerned about the inches lost there - I want the belly to go! haha

We checked out one of the places that sells second hand fitness equip. It only had 1 treadmill in and 2 ellipticals. One elliptical was not very smooth and kind of worked funky - the other was ok but priced at 999 and it wasn''t even a brand I had heard of (from looking online). So, I''ll check out the other shop tomorrow and see what they have. Plus Sears has a sale going on right now for a couple different models -- if I''m going to pay $1000 I might as well get one that I can find reviews of I thought!

Hope everyone else is doing great!!

9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done on the inch loss Cailet!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
No drop on the scales for me this week, I was sulking BIGTIME and Hub had to keep reminding me of how trim I look and that often visible fat loss doesn't necessarily mean a change on the scales...Keep on looking for your at home equipment, personally I much prefer being able to work out at home plus you don't have the travelling time to worry about. Let us know when you find your loot!
9.gif
I think also my willpower has improved with practise, saying no gets much easier, plus if I am going to spend calories it has to be on something I really want so I can say it is worth it!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all.
I didn''t post last week because I was bad and didn''t work out. My trainer was out of town and I just slacked off completely. But... she''s back now and I worked out with her Friday, Saturday AND Sunday. She kicked my butt completely. We''re focusing a lot more on cardio since we''ve spent the last year focusing on pilates and strength training. Also, gotta lose that weight for the wedding!

I didn''t go to Weight Watcher... my bad totally. I haven''t been tracking and I know that I really need to. It''s just hard since my eating schedule is so different now. But, just an excuse, I know...

No eating or exercising for me since it''s Yom Kippur. I''ll get back on the stairmaster tomorrow!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/2/2006 9:18:08 AM
Author: Lorelei
No drop on the scales for me this week, I was sulking BIGTIME and Hub had to keep reminding me of how trim I look and that often visible fat loss doesn''t necessarily mean a change on the scales..

That''s my goal! I want bf to remark on my trim-ness! ha! I''ve got a ways to go, but I''ll get there eventually.
And I''ll defintiely fill you guys in once I make my purchase!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2006 10:09:32 AM
Author: Cailet

Date: 10/2/2006 9:18:08 AM
Author: Lorelei
No drop on the scales for me this week, I was sulking BIGTIME and Hub had to keep reminding me of how trim I look and that often visible fat loss doesn''t necessarily mean a change on the scales..

That''s my goal! I want bf to remark on my trim-ness! ha! I''ve got a ways to go, but I''ll get there eventually.
And I''ll defintiely fill you guys in once I make my purchase!
9.gif
You will DEFINITELY get there Cailet and it is a great feeling to be complimented, even though I was sulking it is nice to know he notices! I always think the changes are often noticeable even if the scales don''t change - hate it as I do, I am still trying to get out of that mindset that what the scales say are the be all and end all
14.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Happy October
35.gif

Hope everyone stays on track this week. I''ll be putting my 3 sessions in this week at the gym and one Jujitsu class on Tuesday.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement last week everyone! Although I only posted once, I had a decent week. Did 3 workouts which wasn''t my goal for the week but the eating was pretty good. I weighed myself about a month ago and since then lost 3 lbs. Could be way more for 1 month but since I haven''t been really on track I''m pretty happy w/that. It also gave the motivation to workout last night, which I haven''t done in quite a while. I also did leg exercises and crunches last night and this morning. I''m going to try and do that every day this week...if I can remember! My mom is going to call me in the mornings to help remind me. 3 more workouts this week for me. Today is a gym day.

Has anyone done Jenny Craig? I''ve been thinking about it but there''s not one that close to me and I''m just not sure I can afford it.

Lorelei, that''s great that you did a workout even though you felt tired! I am trying to keep convincing myself that working out won''t kill me when I''m tired. It can be hard to remember though when you just want to sit down more than anything! Great job!

Cailet, wow, 3-4 inches is great! I missed it since I haven''t been on much lately but what is your 10day quick start? What day are you on now?

Amanda, believe me, I understand the not working out and no posting. 3 times this weekend sounds intense! Good for you!

Did anyone watch this season''s Celebrity Fit Club? I really liked it and they actually helped motivate me to workout last night too.

Jeff, Happy October to you too! It''s my birthday month so I''m making a 6lb weight loss goal for the month. That means I really have to stay on track!!

Have a good week!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dixie! Actually if you can manage a workout when you are tired, it is amazing how much better you feel afterwards and really glad you did it. I use this thought to encourage me and it does help - also I feel much better when I am done.

Jeff you are doing great!
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey everyone...new week definitely!! last nite we had homemade yummy crockpot spaghetti with 1/2 ground turkey breast and 1/2 ground leanest beef with mushrooms and it was divine! we tried it crockpot way...meaning we put all the stuff in and then greg cooked the meats in the frying pan a bit to get them 3/4 cooked then loaded it all into the crockpot with herbs and garlic and let it sit there on high for about 3 hours!! it was REALLY yummy because the flavors had a chance to all sit together. it's like how spaghetti typically is better on the 2nd day kinda thing. so then we made the noodles separately and toasted bread, yum. i'm sure the spaghetti itself is not that bad for me since made with leanest meats BUT i am a total fan of jack cheese, so i put on a big handful with my pasta. i think my portion was good though, i just ate til i got a bit full since i know that pasta fills you up, and had 2 small pieces of bread. tonight we'll have leftover pasta, i will try it with parm instead since that is like 1/2 the fat of other cheeses! hehe.

so as to my progress. i met up with OV the other day for the shoe project and she mentioned she thought there was no way i could weigh what i do (143) and look 'so skinny'. i love you OV. haha. i pointed out that i was a few inches taller than her and i bet i am carrying a lot of muscle now, but it is so interesting. i definitely look much smaller but i've only lost about 7 'scale pounds'. so funny!!! i think i have lost about 3.5" inches in my waist, about 2" in my hips and butt, and a ton in my legs (hard to measure because i never get the measure in the same place so it's moot) and arms/back and that just is 7 lbs! so random. but i am really happy with my 'size 8' clothes so far...i don't need to be a 6 so we'll see. also i wear a 6 or 8 in the major sizes button downs and a small in banana, jcrew, etc type of tops. considering i'm a 36ish C i wonder what ACTUAL small girls wear? XXS?

amanda, it seems like your main issue is with willpower. willpower to resist food and willpower to work out on your own. have you tried to self-motivate much? what are some things that might motivate you more? i know sometimes in the past i have put images of bikinis i like on the fridge or something if i know i want to 'get into' it. or if i have an event coming up it's easier for me to focus on being good and just getting what i need to done. but also part of this should be a lifestyle change for you...i'd totally want to keep good habits and working out long-term, not just for the wedding. in fact i did all that just for the wedding then after i totally let go and porked out and gained 15 lbs in 2 years! and it's been HARD to get that off!! i am now skinnier than i was at the wedding, but it's taken a lot. if i had just stayed on track after the wedding and done even 1/2 of what i was doing before, i'd probably have been okay. anyway just some food for thought.

lorelei you are doing so well with the machines and workouts gal!! jeff you too!! dixie, personally i have never been a fan of those structured eating plans...i have found that if you just figure out how many calories to consume for your body and how many times you workout, and then stick with it...whatever you eat...and work out, typically you can see some long-term results. i use sparkpeople to figure out how many calories and fats/fibers etc i should be consuming. so far it seems to have been spot on. when i follow those #'s, i have seen the scale move.

this week i was thinking about if i could ratchet it up a bit....maybe thinking of going to the gym for a 30 min workout today and then also doing my kbox tonite. so i could burn an extra 250ish calories at the gym with a not too strenuous workout. tempting thought. with the new job starting in a few weeks, i will have to redo my schedule for workouts and see how i can fit the gym in. i can always do kbox since it's at night, but the gym i typically go in the afternoons since my schedule is flex. so i might have to go once during lunch and then 2x after work or something. definitely it will be a change but i plan to stick with my good habits!! i don't want to backslide at all. esp since i may look good now but we all know fall clothes add BULK ! hahaha.

anyway have a wonderful day all!!! and happy workouts and eating.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/2/2006 10:40:39 AM
Author: dixie94
Thanks for the encouragement last week everyone! Although I only posted once, I had a decent week. Did 3 workouts which wasn''t my goal for the week but the eating was pretty good. I weighed myself about a month ago and since then lost 3 lbs. Could be way more for 1 month but since I haven''t been really on track I''m pretty happy w/that. It also gave the motivation to workout last night, which I haven''t done in quite a while. I also did leg exercises and crunches last night and this morning. I''m going to try and do that every day this week...if I can remember! My mom is going to call me in the mornings to help remind me. 3 more workouts this week for me. Today is a gym day.

Has anyone done Jenny Craig? I''ve been thinking about it but there''s not one that close to me and I''m just not sure I can afford it.

Lorelei, that''s great that you did a workout even though you felt tired! I am trying to keep convincing myself that working out won''t kill me when I''m tired. It can be hard to remember though when you just want to sit down more than anything! Great job!

Cailet, wow, 3-4 inches is great! I missed it since I haven''t been on much lately but what is your 10day quick start? What day are you on now?

Amanda, believe me, I understand the not working out and no posting. 3 times this weekend sounds intense! Good for you!

Did anyone watch this season''s Celebrity Fit Club? I really liked it and they actually helped motivate me to workout last night too.

Jeff, Happy October to you too! It''s my birthday month so I''m making a 6lb weight loss goal for the month. That means I really have to stay on track!!

Have a good week!
I''ve done Jenny Craig. It''s good if you never, ever deviate from the plan. That mean, never eating out, never eating the same food as your man (unless he does it too). The food is okay, but it doesn''t teach you how to survive in the real world.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all.

My beau and I planned to go camping this weekend, but revised our trip because the weather was threatening rain. it did indeed rain, so i was glad to have avoided a soggy adventure.

instead, we opted to NOT go out (meaning go to any restaurants/bars) and to try to occupy our weekends with other entertainment/socializing. we did well. we had a couple of friends over on friday night. made a shrimp dish which was tasty, satisying and pretty healthy if you watched the pasta portion. after everyone left, we went for a stroll. on saturday night we had some quality time. took a much longer stroll (4 miles or so) and just enjoyed each others company and conversation. we also visited the national arboretum on sunday. neither of us had ever been and it's dog-friendly. such a gorgeous place, almost like hiking in the woods, and we likely walked at least another 5 miles. we're definately going to return when the leaves have changed colors a bit more.

staying out of bars/restaurants was excellent for our bellies and our budget. however, i probably need at least one evening a week out.

last week's workout routine was good for me. i did 4 cardio workouts, 3 mulitple mile walks and 3 pilates workouts.

i set the bar pretty high for this week. however, i'm having all my wisdom teeth removed on thursday morning which is definately going to abruptly halt my routine.
14.gif
i'm so not looking forward to oral surgery.

mara: seven pounds in a month is quite a lot of weight to lose. you had posted on the original detox that you were holding steady at 150 and now a month later you're down to 143. i know that you had sort of plateaued for a while, but that seems like hyper progress. congrats on the job!

cailet: wow! great inch-loss
9.gif
i never took my original measurements, so i can't track my diminishing figure with such precision -- i just use my clothes. looser equals progress

dixie: i have not done jenny craig. but, i don't think i'd like to eat only frozen food. or perhaps that is a different plan? how much does it cost! congrats on the workouts

amanda: you can do it! you just need that switch to flip. i can't exactly explain what it was for me, so i definately don't know what it would be for you, but it'll happen. very impressive with the workouts though!

lorelei; i love reading about how you and your husband are each others best support! it is great to have someone there to give you that positive reinforcement to keep at it. cheer you up when you aren't so keen on yourself. my husband is great like that too! support is a powerful thing
emstar.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu i never thought of it like that, aka 7 lbs in a month. instead i just tend to be like well for 4 months i was holding at 150 and now i am 143. so mentally i am spreading it out over more time but yeah i guess it''s only been a month. i really don''t want to ''lose'' that much more, ideally i''d be between 135 and 140, but 140 with muscle is okay with me too. i just want to be totally fit and get rid of this tiny bit of extra flub around my hips. then i''ll be REALLY happy. my trainer has told me that is the LAST to go...and first to pack on of course.

everyone here IS doing really amazing!!! i think that this group is very motivational, i know it is for me. after i fell off the detox last week, greg told me i had to come home and fess up ''to the girls'' and he was going to watch me type my post! it cracked me up. i said don''t worry i am very honest with what i do and don''t do! anyway, i do think of this thread and the participants when i am off working out or if i am wondering if i have the energy to work out. i think it does help us all.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/2/2006 10:40:39 AM

Have a good week!
Dixie - I''ve never done Jenny Craig either - Some of my aunts have tried it but ended up quitting because it was too hard to stick to for them. I''m with Mara - you need to figure out what will work in the real world for you. For me - we love to go out to different restaurants and try new kinds of food - we like to have dinners with our families - we like to experiment with mixing drinks at home - we love to run out a get a great dessert to share. Most of that won''t work in a structured diet plan (which is why I''ve had to modify the one I''m using right now). Really -- the only way that you are going to stick to a "Diet" and make it work is if it doesn''t seem like a diet. You need to make gradual changes to your eating habits that result in a new lifestyle / way of eating. Otherwise you will end up eventually "breaking" the diet and going back to however you were eating before.

Right now I''m doing a quick start program from the exercise videos I ordered off tv (
20.gif
yup I was sucked in to one of those informercials!!) I really liked the original tapes and actually ended up buying a lot of different ones from them -makes for a great library to choose from when I''m picking my workout of the day. Anyhoo -- the one set of tapes comes with a 10day quick start menu/exercise tape schedule to help kick your body into shape. I''m on day 6 (I skipped Sunday for a hike so I''m not counting that day). I don''t have a scale so I can''t tell if I am losing pounds, but the inches seem to be coming off a bit.

Good luck at the gym !
21.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/2/2006 11:46:41 AM
Author: Mara
lulu i never thought of it like that, aka 7 lbs in a month. instead i just tend to be like well for 4 months i was holding at 150 and now i am 143. so mentally i am spreading it out over more time but yeah i guess it''s only been a month. i really don''t want to ''lose'' that much more, ideally i''d be between 135 and 140, but 140 with muscle is okay with me too. i just want to be totally fit and get rid of this tiny bit of extra flub around my hips. then i''ll be REALLY happy. my trainer has told me that is the LAST to go...and first to pack on of course.

everyone here IS doing really amazing!!! i think that this group is very motivational, i know it is for me. after i fell off the detox last week, greg told me i had to come home and fess up ''to the girls'' and he was going to watch me type my post! it cracked me up. i said don''t worry i am very honest with what i do and don''t do! anyway, i do think of this thread and the participants when i am off working out or if i am wondering if i have the energy to work out. i think it does help us all.

Ooo- I do the same thing! One day last week I was having a REAL HARD time getting into the workout and kept hearing the bad little voice in my head telling me to just quit. But then I thought: "no way! then I''ll have to come on the PS thread and tell them!" -- made me really push hard to finish up the workout. And then I felt SOOOO good.
21.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon All!

My workouts are still on hold as every time I push a bit my foot pushes back. It''s improved but not to the point where I can get on the elliptical or walk. My weight is holding steady, but I so miss exercise and my hubby does too, because I become irritable when I''m stagnent GRRR! Anyways, I''m making pizza from a Cooking Light recipe tonight, the whole thing will be from scratch which will be an adventure for me!

dixie: my dad did Jenny Craig years ago, and he found that the portions were unrealistic and when he went back to "normal" eating he was totally unprepared. He ended up gaining back all of the weight he lost and more. In my experience WW is the best program because you are in control of your food and exercise so you have to make wise choices instead of having someone do it for you and then it''s your turn and you don''t know how.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
went to the gym today and did the treadmill with my new shoes, felt pretty good considering they were brand new!! the left foot was a little sore from time to time but by the end of the workout they both felt good. and i still had foot wiggle room in the toes. so i did 60 minutes and 545 calories and 3.75 miles. i have been feeling a little weird, sick to my stomach-ish....the milk i drank tasted odd this morning so i hope it wasn''t rotten. anyway now i am eating a go lean protein ''chocolate turtle'' bar as my snack...yummy. dinner will be leftover spaghetti and i will try parm cheese tonite instead of jack, hehee. i know it''s better for me.

hope everyone else is doing well, sorry to hear your foot is still giving you trouble kimberly, it''s so tough when you want to do stuff and can''t!

oh random note...today we had a potluck at work and someone brought the best salad!! it was basically just butter lettuce, canned black olives, crumbled dried tomato feta and then the dressing was that brand that comes in the glass bottle and they have names like ''champagne'', and i think the name of the company is french, starts with a B? i know you guys have seen them at the grocery store, they have a ton of them in this shapely kind of frosted glass bottles, and some are like ''raspberry champagne'' and most are somewhat light. anyway this was the lowfat version of the ''champagne'' and it was SUPER GOOD!!! so i am totally going to get the makings for that salad this week and make a big one for lunch one day or two days this week.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone.....sounds like many are off to a good start for the week.

Today, I spent a good deal of time networking and managed to set up a new interview with another local company for Friday morning. I don''t know too much about them other than they are small and need someone with my experience to take them to the next level. It could be a fun challenge.

Monday''s we don''t do the gym, but I did manage to run 5 miles later this afternoon. Since I had hurt my back I was concerned that the run would put too much pressure there, but I felt just wonderful and the run was just what I needed. It was just beautiful around 5 PM when I ran and the view on Tampa bay just so scenic. It made me glad to be alive and able to run, which as many of you know is new for me.

We had a fabulous salad for dinner with fresh turkey breast and the vegannaise russion dressing we make. Yummy for sure. Tommorrow it''s back to the gym. Now that I''m unemployed, I''m thinking of doing the gym during the afternoon hours which would give myself a break from job hunting. The gym''s less crowded then and I''d be able to get in and out before dinner time.

Anyway, glad everyone''s off to a good healthy week. I''ll check in again soon.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I actually hopped on a scale today at my Mom''s house. I hadn''t weighed myself in a year. I''m still at 165 lbs.
My height is 5'' 9 1/2". No changes. That''s good, right
2.gif

Basically, I don''t keep anything sweet to eat in the house and balance my meals with vegetables and one a day multiple vitamins.
I stay away from frozen foods, high in sodium foods, and fried foods.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, everyone''s doing a really great job staying on track! Lost inches, compliments from significant others, loss of pounds.....makes me feel guilty about slacking so much lately, especially yesterday. Yesterday, no exercise at all. Had chinese bbq food and rice and veggies for lunch with my bf and his mom; then my bf and i had a snack of Jamba Juice (but I only drank 8 ozs before tossing it away) and shared a 6 oz burger from Sliders. Then we had dinner at this place that specializes in Shabu Shabu, which is Japanese hot pot. They give you thinly sliced ribeye steak and a load of veggies and rice, and it''s all you can eat in 2 hours. So....yeah, not a good girl.

My back still hurts, so I can''t do my runs. I did a 1.5 mile walk today, and even that hurt my back, so I think I''ll be off the treadmill for a little while. Looks like I should start getting used to the elliptical. I also caved in and bought the Ab Lounge, and I''m hoping that''ll get me in the habit of working out my abs, since I''m usually too lazy to do so.

As for food, I was good today; had a high fiber, high protein breakfast, then a spinach feta and a veggie frittata (sp?) peasant pie for lunch, along with a 16 oz Jamab. Lunch calories totaled 700 and I was stuffed. Now if I can only figure out what to eat for dinner without being bad.......

Keep up the good work everyone!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Super quick check-in: I took a nice long walk (approx. 45 min.) after work today, although I really felt like taking a nap...I decided to get my butt off the couch and get out there. Of course it had to start raining while I was on my way back home, and let me tell you I am not a big fan of being sweaty and rained on at the same time. Yuck!

Snack tonight for both DH and me was celery sticks, baby carrots and hummus (DH got a little ranch dressing, and the kalamata hummus, which is a little higher in calories than my garlic hummus), then for dinner I made some jasmine rice and stir-fry frozen veggies from TJ''s that were quite good with a little General Tsao''s sauce (also TJ''s and very good).

I weighed myself again yesterday and am down about 1.5 pounds, hopefully that trend will continue and I can meet my goal of a 7 pound loss by mid-to-late October. I also worked out my arms tonight at home and am definitely liking the way they look...but it''s about time to buy some lighter weights, I think. I tend to bulk up easily in the bicep area and I don''t want to lose strength or the toned effect, but I also don''t want to go around looking like Popeye, LOL!

See you all tomorrow!

35.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
My 2nd night is done! Yay! I am feeling pretty good right now, except for the fact that I should really be sleeping. Other than that...
I did my leg and ab exercises this morning, went to the gym tonight and did a different set of leg exercises tonight. It felt good to do something. My abs are also soooo sore. It almost makes me glad b/c I forgot there was actually muscle under there :) So, more exercises in the morning and a workout at night. I''ve decided to keep my 4 day workout goal but am going to try and push myself for 5. If I can do Tues. and Wed., I''ll only have one more day to get 5 and I think I can do it.

Glad to hear everyone''s on a roll! It feels good to finally have something positive to share. Now, I just have to keep it up.

Off to get some sleep.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kudos Rod, Dixie, Monarch, Cinderella, Jeff!! Everyone is definitely on a roll.

Cinder...I STILL have not found those peasant pie things!!! I looked all over Whole Foods one day and then another day I looked again but I didnt'' see them at all. Did you ever post a link to what they look like? Maybe I need a visual. Haha.

I went to Trader Joes today and got some more hummus and tzatiki and wheat pita bread for lunch and snacks. Also I got a ''lowfat greek salad'' which looks yummy, has lettuce, tomatoes, olives, feta and onions and a dressing. The whole salad is pretty healthy. Then I got a noodle bowl with cilantro lime dressing which also was healthy, lowfat, decent cals for a lunch. So I figure those will be my lunches for the next 2 days.

Dinner was leftover spaghetti, yum!! I probably had more than the regular serving but it was yummy. I had some jack cheese on it too...hee hee. Couldn''t resist. But I felt okay since I burned a lot of calories today.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Just for you Mara, I will take pics of the pies I''m talking about when I get a chance, and I''ll post them here. Apparently, some Whole Foods carry the pies, but not all. Give me a few days, and I''ll get the pics up on this thread for you.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
woo hoo pie pics!!! thanks, you are the best!
5.gif
i totally want to find these things and try them out since you are always eating them! we have the whole foods in campbell but also cupertino so i can check out both. i think there''s a third one somewhere around here too.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Morning all!
Did a strength training video last night after class. I can really feel it in my arms today! Tonight is my long cardio video -- so there should be tons of calories burned!

Oooo- and I just found out that we are FINALLY getting a Trader Joe''s -- should be opening in Nov sometime. Not exactly in my neighborhood, but close enough. Can''t wait!!

happy tuesday!
1.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Morning all.

No gym for me yesterday since it was a holiday and today I''m just plain lazy. I have to get to school early today and I didn''t want to have to rush so... yeah, just lazy.

So I fasted yesterday and I was very proud that I didn''t totally pig out at dinner! Just one bagel with some fixins'' and a little dessert. Didn''t go crazy with the wine either. Only bad part is that I was stuffed, stuffed, stuffed. I should have stopped with half a bagel but it was so yummy and I hadn''t eaten in 24 hours so I made up for lost time!

I had all-bran cereal with lowfat, vanilla soy milk for breakfast. Totally filling. I''ll get a salad or something to eat near school. There is a Wholefoods nearby, but there is no place to sit. We''ll see!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, I am going to try and remember your words about feeling better after a workout when you are tired tonight. I know that when I get home it will be tough to push myself to work out but I really want to have a good week. So I will be thinking of you later this evening!
This morning, I did my leg exercises and abs. Tonight, I''ll do a tape at home. For breakfast, I had a bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch. One of my big problems is figuring out what to eat for breakfast and lunch. I think that is why I''ve been seriously considering Jenny Caraig. Just b/c that way I will have a ready prepared meal waiting for me that I know has good nutritional value and reasonable calories. I do hear what everyone''s saying about the problem after you get off the plan. I do already know what to eat, I guess it''s just a matter of actually cooking or coming up w/creative ideas.
So what is everyone eating for breakfast and lunch these days? For lunch, I brought a yogurt, cheese stick and a fruit cup. Sort of odd but I just couldn''t think of anything else easy to bring. I am trying to avoid sandwiches every day but still want some protein and variety. Help!!

Mara, I definitely think sizes these days are out of wack. I can range from 2-3 sizes given the clothing/brand. I really want to take measurements of myself so that I can use that as a way to determine loss. Sounds like you will be doing a lot more working out! Wow, kickboxing and a gym workout in the same day!!

Lulu, wisdom teeth removal is NOT fun but at least yours will be done all at once. I was a chicken and only did 2 at a time. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Nice idea about going to the arboretum. I may have to do that myself this weekend...if it''s not pouring here.
I don''t think Jenny Craig is only frozen food but I do think it mainly is, although I''m not really sure. I don''t know how much it costs but I think it''s fairly expensive b/c you have to buy all of your food. I have a friend who''s done it and I''m going to get more info. from her.

Cailet, I''ve done some video ordering from tv infomercials too so don''t feel bad! I like having a variety too and think I may start ordering a new tape every month so I don''t get bored. My favorites are the Billy Blanks tapes. Glad your 10 day quick start program is going well! Sometimes I need something like that to get me started again.

Kimberly, sorry to hear about your foot. That pizza sounds good! What did you put on it?

Rod, I''m so envious of you for living in Tampa. I took a vacation there this summer and it was fun and so relaxing! Actually, that is a possible place to live on of these days for me. 5 mile run! Way to go!

Ok...gotta do some work now!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2006 10:46:36 AM
Lorelei, I am going to try and remember your words about feeling better after a workout when you are tired tonight. I know that when I get home it will be tough to push myself to work out but I really want to have a good week. So I will be thinking of you later this evening!
This morning, I did my leg exercises and abs. Tonight, I''ll do a tape at home. For breakfast, I had a bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch. One of my big problems is figuring out what to eat for breakfast and lunch. I think that is why I''ve been seriously considering Jenny Caraig. Just b/c that way I will have a ready prepared meal waiting for me that I know has good nutritional value and reasonable calories. I do hear what everyone''s saying about the problem after you get off the plan. I do already know what to eat, I guess it''s just a matter of actually cooking or coming up w/creative ideas.
So what is everyone eating for breakfast and lunch these days? For lunch, I brought a yogurt, cheese stick and a fruit cup. Sort of odd but I just couldn''t think of anything else easy to bring. I am trying to avoid sandwiches every day but still want some protein and variety. Help!!

Mara, I definitely think sizes these days are out of wack. I can range from 2-3 sizes given the clothing/brand. I really want to take measurements of myself so that I can use that as a way to determine loss. Sounds like you will be doing a lot more working out! Wow, kickboxing and a gym workout in the same day!!

Lulu, wisdom teeth removal is NOT fun but at least yours will be done all at once. I was a chicken and only did 2 at a time. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Nice idea about going to the arboretum. I may have to do that myself this weekend...if it''s not pouring here.
I don''t think Jenny Craig is only frozen food but I do think it mainly is, although I''m not really sure. I don''t know how much it costs but I think it''s fairly expensive b/c you have to buy all of your food. I have a friend who''s done it and I''m going to get more info. from her.

Cailet, I''ve done some video ordering from tv infomercials too so don''t feel bad! I like having a variety too and think I may start ordering a new tape every month so I don''t get bored. My favorites are the Billy Blanks tapes. Glad your 10 day quick start program is going well! Sometimes I need something like that to get me started again.

Kimberly, sorry to hear about your foot. That pizza sounds good! What did you put on it?

Rod, I''m so envious of you for living in Tampa. I took a vacation there this summer and it was fun and so relaxing! Actually, that is a possible place to live on of these days for me. 5 mile run! Way to go!

Ok...gotta do some work now!
That''s great Dixie - I hope it helps you! I think I might have a cold coming, I feel so tired and not like myself at the moment, but time will tell and I will continue with my workouts! Did all cardio this morning 30 mins treadmill and 20 ellip.

Everyone is doing so well this week, hopefully I will be back to my usual self soon.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I think I''m going to attempt the elliptical today for 20 minutes, just to see how my foot responds.

Dixie: To answer both your questions, I eat oatmeal for breakfast every morning (Quaker Weight Control). I like that the portions are already done for me so I don''t have to think about it before I drink my tea. Usually I just add a bit of milk to my tea (I''m a Brit in the morning!) and perhaps some honey if I crave sweet. For lunch I make a small sandwhich on rye bread or I eat a Power Bar. The Power Bar means I''m a bit hungry before dinner but that''s not a bad thing. I avoid snacking unless I''m desperate. For me, snacks lead to overeating.

As for the pizza, I put mozerella, parmesan cheese and some pepperoni. I made the crust as well as the sauce which was lots of a fun, but VERY messy. Here are the recipes for the dough:

http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1227877

The sauce (I added some italian spices to the sauce as well as the ingredients it called for. I also made it a bit thicker by increasing the tomato paste and added a bit more garlic because hubby and I LOVE garlic. I prefer a thicker sauce and it came out great):

http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1227881

And the pizza:

http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1227880

I think it takes some work to get the dough down to a science as my pizza was a bit lopsided and not quite round, but overall it was pretty good.

Anyways, happy Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results