shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 17th Sept till 23rd Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

To follow on from my fat feeling days the previous week, I was watching a show on TV last night about fad diets which consisted of vegetable or herb soup only, juice diets with little else, wacky workouts in sweat suits and other weird ideas...The testers of these diets and methods were so miserable ( understandably) and literally felt ill. Watching this show took me back to the days when I would leap into any new fad '' miracle'' diet with a happy cry - I see now I could have easily become hooked into this way of thinking, hovering between saint and sinner mentality which I seemed to fall into easily with these fad diets.

It took a long time for the penny to drop that moderation was the key and that in order to get and stay slim, I was going to have to lose the NOW mentality along with these diets and methods which promised the moon ( or at very least a skinny frame) if I ate only beetroot/watercress/cabbage soup/ lima beans/grapefruit blah blah blah. It is so easy to get sucked into this way of thinking, that weight loss involves suffering and that only the truly strong/brave/worthy/ are rewarded with dropping pounds, to my way of thinking, many of these diets help the poor weight watcher buy into the self denial = saintly / slim ; eat a cookie or cheat = sinner / deserves to not lose weight etc. Thank goodness I finally managed to break away from this mindset, being able to stick to a strict foodplan may help you lose weight in the short term, but it does little to keep you there. Very often these diet plans are too strict and aren''t sustainable over the long term. Repeated effort and exercise where you can is what will help to get you slim and stay slim - along with a food treat to help keep you going occasionally!

Weight is only part of who we are; being fit and in shape helps to increase our quality of life in so many ways, but it doesn''t matter if we don''t get it right all the time. Like with anything, trying to obtain a healthy weight and a fit body is part of life''s journey, to keep trying and get back up when we fall makes the difference to our long term success. Giving up is easy if we don''t get it right, dusting yourself off and starting again is the hard part - but so worthwhile when we can do this! Perfection isn''t necessary, being willing to keep trying IS!!

Have a great week!
35.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, Lorelei!

Great prep talk for the kick off Mondays as usual. I've been good all week. I turned down canned peaches and chose fresh plums instead after lunch. I also removed the skin from the chicken at dinner before eating it (hubby cooked, so I'd better not complain too much
9.gif
).

Weight loss is going great. Lost another pound. I'm down to 145 lbs now - another 10 pounds would be sweet and at my pre-pregnancy weight. My jeans are getting looser and I am feeling happier.
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone!
Lorelei, thanks for a great opener.
Chrono, congrats on your weight loss! You are making great progress.
I just skimmed the end of last week's thread, and it sounds like people were having a mostly good weeked. JAS, sorry you were stuck at the work picnic. PG, congrats on being at your smallest, that's awesome! Rod, I hope you get your ring back soon!

I had a nice weekend. It was busy, since we had the in-laws visiting, but it was refreshing to be out of our usual routine. Sometimes houseguests stress me out, but I think the secret for success is to keep it short. They arrived Saturday and left just now and it was the perfect amount of time for moi! I'm telecommuting today so I could spend a little time w/ them before they left. Now I ought to get back to work.

I was pleased that I could keep up my healthy routine while they were here. Counting cals using the online calculator has been great for me. Now I can really see if I can have that splurge or not. I'm trying to tune in more to how I feel after eating various things. I had some ice cream yesterday and felt really blah afterwards. I'm so happy that lately I've been craving healthy food more than junk (I really hope this keeps up!) I am just loving fage and fiber one! I like having the fiber one on/with things, more so than by itself. I like it as a topping to yogurt, with other cereals, etc. It really fills me up and keeps me from overeating. Haven't weighed in today yet but over the weekend I was still holding steady at 22 lb lost, and I feel like I look visually leaner. In fact my MIL commented that I looked slimmer and I haven't seen her since July, and that really made my day!

I ran outside for 75 min on Saturday and it was a great workout. The weather was nice, and I tried a new route which was fun. I hit a lot of hills and it really tired me out. I think running outside is better for me than the treadmill, or at least different - it seemed to tire me out more than a run on the treamill does, plus the time went by much faster.

Thats it for me, I will check back later in the week! have a great monday everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2007 9:22:31 AM
Author: Chrono
Good morning, Lorelei!

Great prep talk for the kick off Mondays as usual. I've been good all week. I turned down canned peaches and chose fresh plums instead after lunch. I also removed the skin from the chicken at dinner before eating it (hubby cooked, so I'd better not complain too much
9.gif
).

Weight loss is going great. Lost another pound. I'm down to 145 lbs now - another 10 pounds would be sweet and at my pre-pregnancy weight. My jeans are getting looser and I am feeling happier.
1.gif
WELL DONE CHRONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That is such fanastic going, I am so proud of you!!! Sometimes clever tweaking as you have done with food can make all the difference and really get those pounds shifting painlessly!

Thanks for your kind words Gail!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All and happy new week! Gail, I''m so glad that counting cals is working for you. It really made a big difference to me.

I have my appt today to find out out my hearing issues, then need to write a paper for class so when we go to NY I don''t have a pile of schoolwork to complete.

Lorelei, your openings are always so inspiring and accurate. Moderation is key to so many things in life.

Hooray for another lb. lost Chrono! That''s fantastic.

Last night I made an Indian spiced pork dish from a CL recipe that was really good. That''s about all for me this morning.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday all!

I have been feeling "blah" all weekend and this morning I realized I'm either coming down with a cold or a sinus thing (or both). Yuck.

The HH and I are heading to Florida this Friday for a week to stay with my dad and his wife. Interestingly enough though it's easy for me to eat at least OK on these trips because my dad is diabetic so we don't have a lot of sweets in the house and we tend to have pretty good selections around in general, so who knows, with enough swimming and other activities I might even come back from vacation a little lighter than when I left.

Not much else to report. Packed with meetings all day. But I am back in full calorie counting mode so hopefully I can be good in the days leading up to vacation too.

Thanks for the great opening, as always, Lorelei!

Chrono, good for you!

Gail, a 75 mile run--WOW! You go girl!!

Kimberly, good luck with your appointment today!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Morning ya''ll!! Congrats on the weight loss Chrono and thanks for the uplifting intro Lorelei.
35.gif

Despite the pants weather, I intend to walk to pick up the SUV from it''s scheduled maintainence today. It is quite a hike. Do my regular bike and weights routine first.

Happy days folks!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good job Sharon - sorry about the pants weather!! I am reserving judgement on the weather here for the moment, as it could go either way....One thing I will say is it is getting bloody cold at night.....
23.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Quoting Dee Jay: Gail, a 75 mile run--WOW! You go girl!!

Dee Jay, YEAH RIGHT 75 miles... I wish!!! It was a mere 75 minutes, maybe 6 miles or 7, not sure. Thanks anyway though! Hope you have a wonderful time in FL!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,
it sounds like you are doing a great job keeping up with your fitness goals. I fell off the wagon last week, again!
emsmileo.gif
thats ok. I did go walking on the treadmill for 30 min on saturday, and walked with a friend on sunday at the track. we did about 2 miles.
just curious- can I rev up my fitness plan now(I just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant!) Since I have been kind of lazy, I am not sure what is safe to do. Have you ladies who are expecting been doing any classes at the gym, etc? I don''t want to do anything heavy but would like to do some light weights mixed with cardio. Will call my dr today to get appt/clarify activity hopefully
Keep up the good work everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!! thanks for a great opener as usual miss lorelei!! how's the treadmill fixing coming?

i was a little MIA this wkd...we were pretty busy and every time i thought about checking in it seemed there was something more interesting to do hehe. overall i had a fairly splurgy weekend, well more like a splurgy DAY (aka sunday) but it was fine when all was said and done. friday night we got cuban with our neighbors, then saturday we hiked our 5m and i got a mani pedi and picked up some meat for our BBQ on sunday with my parents. met a friend for sushi on sat night which was YUMMY. i have gotten into the habit of not eating the rice on my rolls, which is pretty interesting because i eat basically the same # of rolls i do WITH rice, maybe 2 more...but without the rice and it all piled up on my plate it's at least 1/2 a cup and on sat it looked visually more like 3/4 or a cup. they really packed it on on saturday. i know my friend thinks i'm a little nutto for doing that, but the way i look at it is that i don't enjoy the sushi rolls any less with no rice because rice is tasteless for me, and it packs so many cals, so why not save some where i can? then maybe that's dessert ice cream later or something. if the rice really was 1c it was probably something like saving 300ish cals. not bad for something i totally don't miss. anyway as usual this place's sushi was fab. so then afterwards we went to this new coffee dessert place that opened up like 3 blocks from our house, they had the BEST coffee...i got a sugar free vanilla nonfat latte and it was very flavorful...not like sbucks or peet's where it tastes mostly like flavored milk. this definitely had a lot of flavor to it and i LOVED it. well it also had a lot of caffeine so i was up for like 1/2 the night with strange restless sleep. note to self next time at that place, get decaf!! they have desserts there too but my girlfriend and i shared a biscotti with a chocolate bottom with our coffee, much healthier than carrot cake! (but don't worry the carrot cake eventually got me, see next day!).

so NEXT DAY...sunday...we decide to get up a little earlier and go to this local famous place for breakkie, there are not that many fab breakkie places around here so we prefer to make our own, but i have heard this place is quite good and the last time we had a full on breakkie was in palm springs 2 months ago. so we head over, get a seat and i ate myself silly! we shared buttermilk pancakes and i got an egg white scramble with tomatoes, mushrooms and topped with cheese. picked off 3/4 of the cheese topper mass, and ate the egg scramble and 1/2 my fruit, 1 piece of wheat toast with butter. and 3/4 of the pancakes with a massive clot of butter on them and maple syrup. i was SO craving some yummy pancakes. thing is they were good but not AS GOOD as some of the ones we have had recently (still daydreaming about the lemon zest griddle cakes in PS, omg) so i was a little disappointed that i'd gone so crazy on the pancakes and really didn't have a ton of 'taste' pleasure to show for it. so next time i know, don't bother with plain buttermilk. they also had blueberry and banana ones and choco chip ones...next time!

at that point we roll ourselves home (greg had corned beef and hash) and i head over to a friend's house to help her pack up for a move. at least i burned off some of the pancakes. but she had dark choco covered soy nuts from TJ's so i had to have some of those a few hours later. 200 cals, 8g protein, 5g fiber. can't say they weren't USEFUL to the body for sure. hehee. then my family and i went to see greg in a concert in the afternoon, and they came back here for a BBQ. frankfurters, paprika sausage, tri tip, and weisswurst were the main items and then i made this yummy cucumber, tomato and feta salad with light dressing; green beans with fresh pepper and lemon juice; and baked potatoes with light butter and 2% cheese. altogether quite yummy, i just had a few slices of the sausage, one tiny piece of meat (was not feeling tri tip yesterday) and a hot dog with 1/2 the bun along with salad and green beans and 3/4 of my potato. BUT my parents had stopped at the cafe dessert place after i told them about it and gotten 4 diff cake slices for us to have for dessert. YUM. the tiramisu and the double chocolate cake were the best though i also tried carrot cake and a chocolate mousse.

at this point i was stuffed yet again (2nd time in one day, ugh!) so greg and i went off for a 1 hour 15 minute walk around the neighborhoods at a brisk pace...came back home and we had tiny cups of espresso (i was not repeating sat night's sleepless experience) and shared a bowl of slow churned ice cream and a few choco covered wafer cookies. then it was bedtime. now it's monday morning and i felt kind of sick all night probably from my splurges on sunday. while it's nice to feel like i could have a 'cheat' day and not worry too much, i don't like how i feel most of the time after i over-indulge. too bad i can't pull that out BEFORE i eat crap and remember it. bottled crap feeling anyone? i'll buy a case of them for a dollar!!

so anyhow this morning glad to be back on my routine....kashi go lean never tastes so good as after a sugary day. BUT tonite is my sister's birthday dinner at one of our FAVE places. i know i will have a glass of red wine sangria (at least heart healthy!), as well as yummy spanish tapas. at least typically we don't overeat because it's all small plates so you feel full faster on less. my mom already told us she got an amazing double chocolate super dense cake for dessert. fab. so i am going to try to eat really light today so i can splurge tonite. but hopefully not feel crappy. oh and meeting trainer again today...hopefully she won't murder me...yet smaller thighs are a big bonus side effect of all the pain i've been in lately. i figure i'm paying them for something right?!?!?! torment works.
5.gif

hope everyone is enjoying a great morning so far...i skimmed the wkd posts but didn't really have too much time to absorb...gotta run off to the daily grind now but happy monday all and just 4 more days til another wkd!
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee - thanks Miss Mara! The treadmill company has been great, they are really trying to help us out with this, it seems to be an intermittent fault which is a PITA trying to locate, but hopefully we will be able to. I don''t fancy forking out to buy another treadmill , that would be pants - so I hope we can get it fixed!!!

I hope the CC was most delicious.....( i am so jealous!!)
39.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2007 10:24:23 AM
Author: gailrmv

Dee Jay, YEAH RIGHT 75 miles... I wish!!! It was a mere 75 minutes, maybe 6 miles or 7, not sure. Thanks anyway though! Hope you have a wonderful time in FL!

Oops - sorry! I meant a 75 minute run! See what that cold medicine did to me?!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 12:04:42 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 9/17/2007 10:24:23 AM
Author: gailrmv

Oops - sorry! I meant a 75 minute run! See what that cold medicine did to me?!
Hope you feel better!
Man, if I could run 75 miles, I''d be out setting some world record or something... and I bet I would not be battling 20 lbs :)
Just had some Fage, yum!!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 11:15:10 AM
Author: Mara
morning all!! thanks for a great opener as usual miss lorelei!! how''s the treadmill fixing coming?

i was a little MIA this wkd...we were pretty busy and every time i thought about checking in it seemed there was something more interesting to do hehe. overall i had a fairly splurgy weekend, well more like a splurgy DAY (aka sunday) but it was fine when all was said and done. friday night we got cuban with our neighbors, then saturday we hiked our 5m and i got a mani pedi and picked up some meat for our BBQ on sunday with my parents. met a friend for sushi on sat night which was YUMMY. i have gotten into the habit of not eating the rice on my rolls, which is pretty interesting because i eat basically the same # of rolls i do WITH rice, maybe 2 more...but without the rice and it all piled up on my plate it''s at least 1/2 a cup and on sat it looked visually more like 3/4 or a cup. they really packed it on on saturday. i know my friend thinks i''m a little nutto for doing that, but the way i look at it is that i don''t enjoy the sushi rolls any less with no rice because rice is tasteless for me, and it packs so many cals, so why not save some where i can? then maybe that''s dessert ice cream later or something. if the rice really was 1c it was probably something like saving 300ish cals. not bad for something i totally don''t miss. anyway as usual this place''s sushi was fab. so then afterwards we went to this new coffee dessert place that opened up like 3 blocks from our house, they had the BEST coffee...i got a sugar free vanilla nonfat latte and it was very flavorful...not like sbucks or peet''s where it tastes mostly like flavored milk. this definitely had a lot of flavor to it and i LOVED it. well it also had a lot of caffeine so i was up for like 1/2 the night with strange restless sleep. note to self next time at that place, get decaf!! they have desserts there too but my girlfriend and i shared a biscotti with a chocolate bottom with our coffee, much healthier than carrot cake! (but don''t worry the carrot cake eventually got me, see next day!).
I am still here lurking, but this caught my eye. Don''t they have the low carb sushi where you are? You know, sushi wrapped in cucumber - no rice at all. It is really good. And much easier then peeling (also you also can''t get every bit of rice off as it so sticky
1.gif
). My DH even likes the low carb kind. Which is a bonus!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yes merrijoy i could get no rice rolls of course, any sushi place will do rolls with no rice i would imagine, but i always share rolls with whoever i am with so that we can try diff flavors...and so typically no one else likes no rice rolls. so i just pick my rice off.
2.gif
plus i honestly like to see how much i save! haha.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Mara, my favorite sushi place has a whole section of the menu w/ no rice rolls, and they are so full of other yummies that you don''t even notice that there is no rice. Some of them are wrapped in cucumber which is really neat, and they seem to have several kinds of fish and things inside - so it is the same size as a rice roll. Funny, I have had those a bunch of times and I hadn''t even thought about that they were low carb!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Chrono for losing weight!!!!

Yay, for a 75 min run Gail.

Lorelei, great opener!!!

Kimi, do you have the Indian spiced pork recipe? Do you mind posting it if you have time; that sounds yummy!

DeeJay, I hope you feel better soon, no fun
15.gif
How exciting that you go on vacation soon!!!

Sharon, kudos on the workout!!

Mara, the pancakes sound yummy. Yay for getting a walk in!

Pave, hang in there!

Marcy, I bet the comfy pj''s are great! Kudos for smaller clothes.

I made a nice lean beef stew, w/carrots, onions and red potatoes. I can''t wait for dinner. I lost 1 of the pesky 2 lbs!!!! I will be walking tonight
35.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, congrats! 10 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight is really awesome!

Gail, 22 pounds, there''s no doubt you look slimmer!

Pavelover, congrats on your news! I don''t know the answer to your question, but my guess is that low to moderate impact exercise is ok.

Mara, good job on the smaller thighs!

That has always been my area of weakness. I''m down to 21.75 and 21.25 from 24 and 23.5 respectively (and that was one month in and after five pounds lost so I probably started above that), but my new, improved thighs are still larger than the average fit 5''4.5" woman''s thighs, I think (and I''ve still got the darn "fat thigh" and "skinny thigh"). At least they make "curvy" pants these days!

I''m really not trying to complain or be like those skinny women who say, "Oh, wah, I''m so fat" just so you''ll reassure them. At the end of the day I don''t mind my thighs. 20 pounds ago I had belly fat, which swallowed up my small chest and indicated general unhealthiness. I think at this point (BMI below 20), with no belly fat and a toned appearance, my thighs are really healthy and serve an evolutionary role. My body knows it needs to store fat to carry a pregnancy.

And I actually stopped trying to lose weight 6 pounds ago (I know, don''t hate me). I''ve just been sticking to my healthy eating habits (for the most part) and working out 4 to 6 times a week. So I''m letting my body figure this out. I figure I''ll stop losing or regain weight when the time is right. I am eating between, I''d guess, 1400 and 2400 calories a day, so I don''t think I need to worry that I''m undereating.

I''m sad that I don''t have the time to check in here all the time anymore (I''m a teacher), but work is good. There''s stupid red tape madness and poor leadership in some areas, but in my classroom, things couldn''t be better. I have never loved every single one of my classes before. Last year in my lower classes I had kids scoring 9''s and 17''s on vocabulary quizzes (and these are quizzes that kids who don''t really speak English can pass as long as they study hard), and this year 75% scored above a 100 on the first quiz and no one failed! (Uh oh, gotta raise the bar! But what a good problem to have!) And my honors classes are worlds ahead of last year when they''d learned basically nothing in the two preceding years. And I''m learning how to deal with the kids who feel insecure about their abilities in honors so they act out (basically, just misinterpret all their insults as compliments and kill ''em with a refusal to dislike them back). I''m not sure how many more years I''ll teach before taking off a decade or so to have kids, so I am happy to have what looks like it''ll be a great group of kids.

But beyond work and working out regularly, it''s hard to find time to sit down and catch up here.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bad news is I have a cold. The good news is nothing tastes good, LOL!

I'm at 1220 cals for the day right now and I am going to try to stay there, although I think one more thing might sneak its way into my mouth since it's only 7:10 and I am a little hungry.

In my cold medicine induced delirium I decided to clean out my wallet, which of course led to checking things out in my purse at large. Keep in mind I tote so few things in my purse that I've actually just taken a pass on some really lovely but larger bags because I know I couldn't put enough things in them to keep from feeling stupid. Anyway, I have this bottle of prescription medication in my purse that I have literally transferred to every single bag I've carried for god only knows how long. Finally, I said to myself, what IS this stuff? I don't take any prescriptions. It is darvacet (sp?) and the bottle says there should be 12 pills so just out of curiosity I counted and there are 11 still in there. Then I remembered; it was from a root canal I had in September 2006 and I took one pill, which made me puke so I never took another one. For all this time I have been dutifully switching this bottle of narcotics from one bag to another (and depending on what I'm wearing, I can easily switch bags several times a week) for over a year and I never even looked at it. Someone slap me. Please!

Sharon, our SUV is due for a check-up too. If I leave you the keys would you mind just dropping it by the Lexus dealer for me?
9.gif

Pavelover, congrats on the bun in the oven! I don't think you should really ramp up your workout program at this point, but certainly your doctor is a better source than I am. I'm actually impressed you WANT to do something more--if I were pregnanat I would be lying on the couch eating bon-bons like there was no tomorrow, ha ha.

Mara, interesting point about not eating things that you don't miss anyway. For the longest time I was on this 80 cal sandwich bun, 25 cal/slice bologna, 25 cal Kraft fat-free singles sandwich kick. (That with some fat free Lay's potato chips--YUM YUM!) Anyway, we ran out of the cheese one day and I made my sandwich without it, and I could not tell one bit of difference. No more wasting 25 cals on cheese I don't need!

Merrijoy, thanks for the tip on low-carb sushi. What will they think of next?!

Stephi, that beef stew sounds delish!

PG, that's awesome about the progress of your students!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2007 8:23:41 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
The bad news is I have a cold. The good news is nothing tastes good, LOL!

I''m at 1220 cals for the day right now and I am going to try to stay there, although I think one more thing might sneak its way into my mouth since it''s only 7:10 and I am a little hungry.

In my cold medicine induced delirium I decided to clean out my wallet, which of course led to checking things out in my purse at large. Keep in mind I keep so few things in my purse that I''ve actually just taken a pass on some really lovely but larger bags because I know I couldn''t put enough things in them to keep from feeling stupid. Anyway, I have this bottle of prescription medication in my purse that I have literally transferred to every single bag I''ve carried for god only knows how long. Finally, I said to myself, what IS this stuff? I don''t take any prescriptions. It is darvacet (sp?) and the bottle says there should be 12 pills so just out of curiosity I counted and there are 11 still in there. Then I remembered; it was from a root canal I had in September 2006 and I took one pill, which made me puke so I never took another one. For all this time I have been dutifully switching this bottle of narcotics from one bag to another (and depending on what I''m wearing, I can easily switch bags several times a week) for over a year and I never even looked at it. Someone slap me. Please!

Sharon, our SUV is due for a check-up too. If I leave you the keys would you mind just dropping it by the Lexus dealer for me?
9.gif
HI:

DeeJay, I''ll trade you the pills for a trip to the dealership...wait a minute, those are probably oxycodon which, incidentally, made me CRAZY post-op in April, so I''ll pass not to mention they are probably expired..so NO deal.....
9.gif
41.gif
. Hope you feel better soon......

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, the label says "Propoxyphene-N 100 w/ APAP 650 tabs". Does that change your answer? I can leave the keys for you in the big potted plant on the front porch!
2.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
38.gif
Avert your eyes people, I am at an all time high. Those of you losing pounds, you can claim them on my tummy and tush, because I''ve found them.

Because my day just wasn''t horrid enough?

I am convinced that my body does not respond well to stress; I am eating anywhere from 1200-1500 calories per day, which is certainly not supposed to put on the weight. Low salt. Not too high with the carbs. I am drinking my water. I Bowflexed. The only difference between me now and me three weeks ago (besides the excess *^%&* pounds) is that I''m not sleeping well and I am very very stressed.

Sigh.

I know it will come off, but right now, I feel like a Narwhal.

It''s hard -- when I was younger, I never ever ever had to worry about this kind of stuff. Now I feel like if I cast a mere glance towards a carb, I gain 1/2 a pound.

Ok, I''m going to go drink some more water and try to get some sleep.

I''ll figure out a new plan tomorrow, but right now the plan is basic sleep and meditation for the stress. Not to worry folks ... this too shall pass.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s! Sounds like everyone had a good weekend, thanks Lorelei for another fab opener. Mara, I just love reading your food diaries, everything sounds yummo.

Today I ran errands and picked up some sundries at Target, then ventured over to the Gap because I had some gift cards and some of my pants are too big, some still too snug. I ended up finding some really cute tailored wool/cotton trousers in a pretty brown/gold weave, tried on the 10''s which were too big in the waist but fit well through the hip area, so I got the 8''s instead which are just a wee bit snug but I think within the next two weeks they will fit perfectly. (That''s the goal, anyway, lol!) Also found a couple super cute fitted cableknit 3/4 sleeve sweaters in deep merlot and dark chocolate on sale for $25 each--yay! I love the Gap for basics, and I just needed a couple transitional pieces to mix in with what I''m currently wearing. Oh, I even picked up the cutest russet orange-y surplice top at Target for $9.99, got all the tops in medium which is a size down from what I''ve been buying. Finally my body has decided to part with some of its extra layer, I had a happy day in the fitting room!

Yesterday I had a nice long solo walk, maybe 3 miles total, and today when I got home I took the dogs for about a 2 mile walk. They''re totally worn out now and sacked out on their little fleece beds by my feet, so cute. I came thisclose to buying them Halloween costumes at Target today...but then I decided I''d gone temporarily insane. Ladybugs? Pumpkins? I just couldn''t do it, they''re cute enough already.
9.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
jas - sorry about your day....my weight hasn''t budged in months so i feel your pain, girl!

it was a busy weekend. i did a six mile run friday night and then met a friend for a delicious dinner (red snapper stuffed with crab....mmmm!). saturday i hung out with family most of the day. sunday i ran my 12 mile long run.

i ate healthy for the most part (minus the apple pie on saturday) and burned 2000 calories easily with the long run and my other run/workout....but still i sit at the same exact weight. i hate my scale - it is so defeating!!!

i am pledging to start cooking more at home, but i absolutely am a horrible cook. anyone got any good recommendations for a healthy cookbook with quick/easy to make meals in it?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2007 9:10:32 PM
Author: tdiddy
jas - sorry about your day....my weight hasn''t budged in months so i feel your pain, girl!

it was a busy weekend. i did a six mile run friday night and then met a friend for a delicious dinner (red snapper stuffed with crab....mmmm!). saturday i hung out with family most of the day. sunday i ran my 12 mile long run.

i ate healthy for the most part (minus the apple pie on saturday) and burned 2000 calories easily with the long run and my other run/workout....but still i sit at the same exact weight. i hate my scale - it is so defeating!!!

i am pledging to start cooking more at home, but i absolutely am a horrible cook. anyone got any good recommendations for a healthy cookbook with quick/easy to make meals in it?
Hey Tdiddy...one of the cookbooks DH and I use frequently is the good old Better Homes and Gardens one, I''m sure you''ve seen it, it has the red and white tablecloth pattern on the cover. I like it because there is nothing super elaborate or difficult in it, and there are lots of low-fat, low-calorie options. The nutritional content for each recipe is also listed, so you know what you''re consuming. It''s just a good ol'' standby cookbook. Actually I need to buy another one because Milo ate ours a few months ago.
20.gif
That''s what I get for leaving something chewable within his reach.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 9:27:19 PM
Author: monarch64
Hey Tdiddy...one of the cookbooks DH and I use frequently is the good old Better Homes and Gardens one, I'm sure you've seen it, it has the red and white tablecloth pattern on the cover. I like it because there is nothing super elaborate or difficult in it, and there are lots of low-fat, low-calorie options. The nutritional content for each recipe is also listed, so you know what you're consuming. It's just a good ol' standby cookbook. Actually I need to buy another one because Milo ate ours a few months ago.
20.gif
That's what I get for leaving something chewable within his reach.
Me too; I second BHG (sold at Costco for like $15) it works for cooking challenged cooks like me (has color pics) and step by step directions!!!
Also, I make easy things like beef stew. I bought cut up lean pieces of meat, carrots and potatos and V8; I threw them in the crockpot. When they were almost done I threw in some frozen peas. I love to grill too which makes nice left overs for 3 days and very healthy. Trader Joe's has good prepackaged meals too.

DeeJay, you cracked me up about the pill bottle; if you lived here I would take you some stew to help your cold. Kimi, stop passing your cold to DeeJay.
2.gif
j/k. Hope you two sweeties feel better soon!

Awww Jas, I am sorry. I bet you will lose it soon. How much longer on the job??? Just remember how much the kiddos love ya!!! I bet you are an awesome teacher.

Kudos PG, eating and staying healthy!

Monarch, whooo hooo on your walks! Yippee for sales and cute clothes/smaller sizes
36.gif

I only did a 30 min walk. Tomorrow is muscle hour, yay! I am going to watch the New Adventures of the Old Christine (that show cracks me up). hehee Have a great evening all
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening everyone!!

Sorry, for posting so late and just skimmed everyone''s posts. Great opener as usual Miss Lorelei!! Sorry you''ve caught a cold DeeJay. Wow, on a 75 minute run Gail!! Yay for another pound gone Chrono!

Nothing on the fitness front as it''s Monday and that means Sushi for us. We''ll back at the gym tomorrow through Thursday like usual, so I''ll check in tomorrow and write a bit longer post. It did get cooler tonight so I got to ride with my top down. WOO HOO. It was wonderful and breezy and we didn''t swelter under our oak tree at Starbucks.

Glad everyone''s off to a good start. Sleep well y''all!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Author: Skippy123
Awww Jas, I am sorry. I bet you will lose it soon. How much longer on the job??? Just remember how much the kiddos love ya!!! I bet you are an awesome teacher.
Thanks Skippy. I still have three months to go. The funny thing about teens is that no matter how much they love you one day, their world is so tumultuous that you can''t necessarily bank on that to last. It didn''t today. Tomorrow I could be prom queen. Who knows?

I did come home sounding like the Hamburgler today (rapple rapple, grumble grumble.)

I am so happy for you about your pound though! Yea!

Not feeling the awesomeness today, but I think that''s because I need a career change. Maybe I could actually become the Hamburgler and run around McDonaldland and play in the ball pit and try to embezzle from Mayor McCheese?
31.gif

JAS has officially become the WWT Grumpy Pants. I want a new title. I''ve turned into those people I was at the picnic with! Ew. Must...resist...urge...to...play...charades...

tdiddy
-- thanks for the empathy. Months, eh? Yucko. I do have to say that your screen name always makes me smile.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the recipe Skip (courtesy of Cooking Light.com):

1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
2 cups chopped onion (1 medium)
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
2 teaspoons sugar
6 garlic cloves, crushed
2 pounds boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Cooking spray
1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
4 cups (1 1/2 pounds) baking potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

Preparation
Heat first 7 ingredients in a dry skillet over medium heat about 3 minutes or until fragrant, stirring often. Transfer spice mixture to blender or food processor; add onion, vinegar, ginger, sugar, and garlic; process 2 minutes or until well blended.
Combine pork and spice mixture in a glass bowl, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes.

Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add half of pork mixture; cook 5 minutes or until pork begins to brown, stirring often. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat process with cooking spray and remaining pork. Add broth to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add pork mixture to pan. Stir in potato, salt, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until potato is cooked and pork is tender, stirring occasionally. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.

Yield
6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 383(26% from fat); FAT 10.7g (sat 3.9g,mono 4.6g,poly 0.9g); PROTEIN 36.1g; CHOLESTEROL 90mg; CALCIUM 93mg; SODIUM 611mg; FIBER 5g; IRON 3.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 35.8g

Today was a day spent engrossed in writing a paper. Not too exciting. The ENT said I have normal hearing, totally bizarre considering my MD said she estimates I''ve lost 40% of my hearing in the lower registers. What''s a girl to do? John wants the ENT to come watch TV with me and see if he feels the same. I don''t know if a second opinion is worthwhile or not...still debating.

Jas, your post cracked me up!

Have a great evening all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results