shape
carat
color
clarity

Which stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
I am awaiting delivery of this Krementz setting from Pearlman's.

I want to change the center stone, and was thinking either pink (rhodolite, spinel or tourmaline) or green (tsavorite or tourmaline.) But then again, Linda W's pad is gorgeous, too
2.gif

Any suggestions?

ring 110CO18.jpg

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
I have a gorgeous green Russian demantoid in a bezel style setting that really stands out. Looks like a green diamond. They''re pricey, but I just love demantoids, even though they''re soft and you have to be careful who sets it.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous setting! I love the Krementz settings ... if they had those prices back when we designed our ring - we would have bought one!!

Personally, I like to see deeper/richer tones with the more ornate settings, I personally would not do a lighter pink stone. That''s just my preference :) A rich and fiery deep pink spinel, rhodolite, rubellite, or a green tsavorite would look fabulous! I can also see a blue/green tourmaline as long as it has plenty of brilliance & sparkle. Any of the above with a precision cut to it would be just right for my finger
9.gif

Can''t wait to see what you choose
36.gif

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pic of the demantoid ring. My stone is greener than in the pic, but it gives you an idea of how a bezel set green stone would look.

demantoid2345947.jpg

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! Irina, thank you for the pictures! And thanks to everyone for their suggestions. This is my very first ring project and I''ve been kind of nervous.

I love the idea of a pad or tsavorite, but my budget won''t allow for one. Dan Stairs is looking at some tourmalines and a spess to see what he can cut that will fit. I think as long as I go with a deep color, I can''t go wrong. (Your demantoid pics are gorgeous, Twodoor.)

Irina - my avatar is one of my fur-babies
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My first instinct was to see pink in that setting...Irina''s mockups definitely made me sure of that...love the middle and right pics!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dunno ... what about a deep yellow sapphire?? I think yellow to play on the yellow gold & give a unified BOLD look (two colors overall - rather than three)

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow...what a great ring this is going to be!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

I think you''re right that you can''t go wrong with any deep color...but if it were me, I''d probably go with a spessertite...

widget

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d like orangy red in that setting personally. Or a ruby like spinel.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results