shape
carat
color
clarity

what are your favourite gem combinations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey colour lovers! I just caught onto the notion of mixing different gems in a single ring (or other piece of jewelry) to create an even more colourful thing of beauty. I wonder what are you favourite gem/colour combinations? And please please post pictures of either pieces you have seen, or your own pieces if you have them, I am looking for inspiration!

For eample, Harriet has an emerald that she is thinking of setting with yellow diamond side-stones... YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!
30.gif

35.gif
DD

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t have any pictures with examples but I like these combos:

Rhodolite and iolite
Citrine and garnet
Peridot and iolite
Aquamarine and blue sapphire

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a pendant that I own that is made up of amethyst, garnet, peridot, citrine and topaz. I also have earrings to match. I love to wear it with fall colors.

cmsgemstonepend01.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the earrings.....

cmsrnbwearrings01.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have a set of various gemstones separated by white sapphires. It also has a matching ring which is not in this picture. I love all the various colors and wear this a lot around the holidays as it seems very "festive" to me, LOL.

cmsrnbw02.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great color combo ideas and lovely jewelry, Catmom. One of my most unique "colored" ring has 5 different colors of garnets in it. I don''t even wear it but it has rhodolite, tsavortie, spessartite, champagne and hessonite garnets in it. I got it on ebay for $25 and it''s very sparkly. The ring is just not my style but I bought it for it''s uniqueness.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I like earth tones together like a citrine, smokey quartz and brown topaz. Anything with grey, brown, yellow, orange I really like. I think these types are easy to wear.

I also like lemon citrine with peridot.

Opals look nice with any colored stone that accents the colors in the opal.

Blue topaz looks nice with pale pink sapphire or kunzite.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like tsavorite and Swiss or London blue topaz. But I''m partial to anything blue and/or green. And a little purple doesn''t hurt either...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I have a ring that is a london blue topaz with peridot side stones. I had my doubts until I put it on. I'd post photos, but I can never figure it out.

I also have a pendant with with peridot and raspberry garnet.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 1:30:38 PM
Author: Harriet
Look at www.paolocostagli.com.
Harriet! Wow! That site has sold me on the mixing of colored gems. I have never been a fan in the past, but they have def figured out how to do it and keep it classy! Thanx for sharing! It got added to my favs!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome! Paolo is passionate about his stones (colour and cut), as well as craftsmanship. He has many more pieces than his website shows. I came very close to buying a pink sapphire and red spinel combo.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/30/2007 12:42:18 PM
Author:dreamer_dachsie
Hey colour lovers! I just caught onto the notion of mixing different gems in a single ring (or other piece of jewelry) to create an even more colourful thing of beauty. I wonder what are you favourite gem/colour combinations? And please please post pictures of either pieces you have seen, or your own pieces if you have them, I am looking for inspiration!

For eample, Harriet has an emerald that she is thinking of setting with yellow diamond side-stones... YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!
30.gif

35.gif
DD
A great Colombian Emerald with a "Zimmi" yellow Diamond is definitely a favourite.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/1/2008 5:42:50 PM
DiaGem,
What is a Zimmi diamond?
Its a "term" used to identify a yellow Vivid hue similar to this: ................................................ in a natural colored Diamond.

An extremely rare yellow!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DiaGem,
Thanks for the lesson. Incidentally, would you mind weighing in on my spinel nick (repolishing vs. recutting)?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/1/2008 6:07:01 PM
DiaGem,
Thanks for the lesson. Incidentally, would you mind weighing in on my spinel nick (repolishing vs. recutting)?
Depends on the location, position, size, depth of the nick!
Sometimes if they are not straight in your eyesight is better to leave them alone.

See if you can post a close-up of the nick...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh please orbaya! Please please please try to post pics!!! I love greens and blues together. And I''d love to see the pendant too!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m planning on putting my pink tourmaline (fancy cut as a flower shape) with a pear aqua as a pendant drop. The colours really go well together.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i saw a gorgeous aquamarine center stone with a wide band of tzavoriate garnets down each side......it was gorgeous! i think this is now my fav gem combination of stones/colors.

movie zombie

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 4:38:40 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Oh please orbaya! Please please please try to post pics!!! I love greens and blues together. And I''d love to see the pendant too!
Here you go:

IMG4283.JPG

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know to post more than one picture at a time. Sorry for so many posts!

IMG4284.JPG

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Last one:

IMG4293.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Those are amazing!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love the color of that topaz. I have some silver stackable rings from a local artist/jeweler with bezel set trillion swiss blue topaz, a round London blue topaz and an oval peridot, on plain bands but I can't get any good pics of them.
39.gif
39.gif
Mostly because I don't have a macro setting on my stupid camera... Maybe I'll try again later!!

I think we need some more pics everyone!!

By the way orbaya-what are the specs on both pieces?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 1:59:49 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Wow! Those are amazing!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love the color of that topaz. I have some silver stackable rings from a local artist/jeweler with bezel set trillion swiss blue topaz, a round London blue topaz and an oval peridot, on plain bands but I can''t get any good pics of them.
39.gif
39.gif
Mostly because I don''t have a macro setting on my stupid camera... Maybe I''ll try again later!!

I think we need some more pics everyone!!

By the way orbaya-what are the specs on both pieces?
Thanks! I think you should definitely try to get pictures, even if they are a bit blurry we should still and idea of what they look like. They sound really cool!

What do you mean by specs?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Orbaya,
I think FC meant the size of the stones (mm)?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 3:12:38 PM
Author: Chrono
Orbaya,
I think FC meant the size of the stones (mm)?
Oh! LOL!

I have no idea what the size of the stones are.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine from college ( yes a long time ago
11.gif
) had an ering that had a gorgeous sapphire center, it was flanked with emerlads. Too die for, and haven''t gotten it out of my mind since. Love that blue and green combo. It was a stunner.
Can you tell I loved it??
3.gif
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results