shape
carat
color
clarity

Umbalite Garnet Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
After seeing Babyblue033's gorgeous umbalite garnet Precision Gem Link.
30.gif

pl_760_detail_1.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flygirl that is beautiful. I love the cut of that stone. How are you going to have this beauty set???

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The stone arrived, and proved to be wonderfully sparkly. I couldn''t quite get the color right, but it is sort of a grape color in low light, and a sparkly raspberry in bright light. The camera really darkened all the colors here.

garnet3795.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My jeweler took on the challenge of designing a setting for this nine-sided stone. I prefer simple settings, and I decided this stone would be in white gold to set off the sparkling raspberry color. It took a few weeks, but I picked it up today. I think it looks amazing.
1.gif

garnet4272.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Side view. Lots of wonderful color to gaze at!
3.gif

garnet4277.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hand shot.

garnet4271.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, it is gorgeous!!! I LOVE the cut of that stone. It is so different then anything I have ever seen before. I also love the color of it too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Last one for now. These shots were taken in incandescent lighting. I''ll try to get daylight shots in the next days. This stone is absolutely amazing. One of the jewelers at the shop now wants one for herself.
9.gif
Thanks again to Bablyblue033 for turning me on to this fantastic umbalite garnet, and to Precision Gem for his amazing cuts.

garnet4280.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Linda and LS! The color is wonderful, just like Babyblue''s stone, and the sparkle is amazing. The cut is incredibly interesting as well.
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I loooooooooove it!! It looks fabulous, Fly Girl! I''ve been thinking of doing a very similar setting for my little tsav from Gene too, I just need to find someone that I feel confident can set it well.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you IWPO and icekid. I love the simple, fluid setting, too. The color of the stone just pops, and it compliments the unusual cut.

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous!! i love the cut!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Unique ring, really lovely

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you vita*dolce, Gailey, Kelli, Tessie!
1.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Love the ring! Your jeweler did a really nice job setting a nine sided stone.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
wowzer.gif
Oh, my goodness. That is freaking spectacular!!! Love the setting! Compliments to your jeweler!

Lust... total and complete lust after that ring, LOL!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl

I think we are all agreed that your jeweller did a fantastic job. Would you like to post his details on this thread?

We promise to be good and not bombard him all at once with projects, don''t we ladies?

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow I am so excited for you! What a beautiful and unique ring, your jeweler did a fabulous job.

Isn''t that garnet to die for? (as I stare at my own
2.gif
) If yours is anything like mine (which I know it is) pictures do not do it justice. And how wonderful we can now openly mention my favorite cutter!
9.gif

Did I tell you in addition to my garnet ring, I got another garnet from Gene in the same cut? It''s currently with White Flash and I''m impatiently waiting for the cad drawing!!!
31.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, flygirl, I love it! The garnet and the design of the ring is just gorgeous!
30.gif

Just a question abt the setting tho, does it darken your stone? As in, does it make the stone look darker than before it''s set?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much coati, bling addict, Kismet, dani, Gailey, Babyblue, and gladyskristen - I went in and paid today, and the total for the setting was under $300.
9.gif
One big reason I keep coming back to this guy, his final prices are less than what most designers would charge as an initial fee. I''ll be sure to convey your kudus, and I''ll ask about posting information here, but I already know that he doesn''t do much internet.

The garnet is sooooo awesome. Looking forward to seeing your next project, Babyblue!
1.gif
Can''t just stop with one ring, can you?

Gradyskristen - This setting doesn''t darken the stone at all. My jeweler is sensitive about letting light into the stone. The setting is quite open, just as I had discussed with him when I dropped off the stone.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Woah! $300? Where do you live, what is his name and will he take mail orders? LOL!
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 8:25:02 PM
Author: geckodani
Woah! $300? Where do you live, what is his name and will he take mail orders? LOL!
9.gif
Thanks for the big smile of the day for me, dani.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I''ll ask. LOL!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 8:41:32 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 9/24/2008 8:25:02 PM
Author: geckodani
9.gif
Thanks for the big smile of the day for me, dani.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I''ll ask. LOL!!
Glad I could make you smile.
emteeth.gif
I keep coming back to stare at your ring and posted all of the shots you did in the eye candy thread, LOL! It''s so much fun - and classy at the same time. Just gorgeous.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, dani! Let me add the specs on the garnet. 2.82 ct Umbalite garnet, Tanzania, 8.79 mm, 5 Color, 5- Clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results