shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Home Recut My Orange Spessartite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited that I really want you to share it. Right at this moment, Richard Homer is working on recutting my orange spess (Link to orginal thread)! I just get off the phone with him, and was told the work will finish by today and ship out tomorrow!

Of course he is doing magic concave, to take out the window, to hide the inclusion that was magnified by the native cut, and to maximize the brilliance!

Now it is my turn to watch the pot
emdgust.gif
and it will boil.

Will share pictures as soon as receiving.

Now I am feeling like our Chinesa slang call ''A LITTLE ANT SITTING ON A BOILING POT''
face21.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what great news yingh! i can''t wait to see it!
36.gif

love the color of that stone!
3.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s great news. So now we''ve got 3 pots to watch -- the arrival of your recut spess, velourial''s ring, and didmondlil''s spinel. There''s room for only 1 more pot on the stove -- I''m going shopping.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohh! How exciting! It''s going to be gorgeous!

Does Diamondlil have a particular spinel that she''s waiting on? How did I miss that thread?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
more orange eye candy!!!!! can''t wait!

peace, movie zombie

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ooh--I can''t wait to see it--it''s going to be amazing!
36.gif

I LOVE mine''s spess. with the concave cut.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, are your ready? Here comes the Richard Homer pictures. Oh man, I can not wait to hold the real spess in my hands!
face22.gif

This is the before picture by Richard.

YingSpessBefore.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Tada! The after picture. Isn't he good! Now the water boiled, but I can't get to the pot yet! I am counting the days. There is this long weekend ahead of us.
32.gif

YingSpessAfter.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice yingh!
a long weekend indeed....doesn''t it always seem to happen that way!?
can''t wait to see it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
H:

Wonderful...wish it were mine!!

cheers--Sharon

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, I just love his work.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhhh yessssss. Stunning.

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
30.gif
Woweeee! What a contrast! That stone is blinding!!

Yingh...I can only imagine how excited you must be to get your hands on it!

These concave cuts are so interesting!! I noticed in the "before and after" pictures that the dimensions of the stone are unchanged. I guess this means that the refaceting took place on the pavillion. Do they do change anything on the crown, too? Just curious....

It is a stunner, yingh...congratulations!
widget

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ying,

magic, pure unadulterated magic! you had the vision to see the potential in the stone and richard homer had the skills to make that potential a reality. what a make over! absolutely fabulous! ok, i''m beginning to get drool all over myself so i''ll attempt to stop with the praise.....

peace, movie zombie

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Woah, baby! I literally gasped when I saw your after shot! That''s just amazing!
9.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
That''s an amazing transformation! Your recut stone is just stunning!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
WOW....IT turned out amazing!! I am so impressed!! Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

WOW>> WOWO>>>>WOW>>>WOW>>>WOW>>>>WOW
30.gif
30.gif

AMAZING!!! WONDERFUL!!!! MIRACULOUS!!! WOW~~~
emotion-19.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!! AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for all your kind words.
1.gif

MINE, I know you would love it - I have been waiting for you to see it.
2.gif

Though I don't have a plan for it, but will think of one. It will be a huge waste to let it sit in my box. RHR or pendant. When I have budget, maybe next year!

I will need to improve my photography skill while waiting for it to arrive. How do you guys take the close up shots? I tried the macro setting, didn't work well, had to crop the pictures on PC. Now where is my camera menu?
41.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to tell you again,,,,, I LOVE that stone!!! It turned out so welll.. definitely a wonderful cut to make this yummy stone a yummy stone masterpeice,,, have this picture saved for my "most favorite yummies" collection!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2005 10:31:25 AM
Author: yingh
Tada! The after picture. Isn''t he good! Now the water boiled, but I can''t get to the pot yet! I am counting the days. There is this long weekend ahead of us.
32.gif
I dont understand how can the mesurements be the same after he re-cut it....the weight went don why didnt the numbers change?
33.gif

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know who Richard is or where he is located but that gem is BEAUTIFUL!!! I have a blue sapphire that is cut rather deep. I wonder if he could work magic like that for me??? How could I contact him??
33.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Richard Homer cut my Spess as well. HE is just about AWESOME... Check out his website www.concavegems.com and drop him an email.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2005 2:30:29 PM
Author: Matatora
Date: 6/30/2005 10:31:25 AM

Author: yingh

Tada! The after picture. Isn't he good! Now the water boiled, but I can't get to the pot yet! I am counting the days. There is this long weekend ahead of us.
32.gif
I dont understand how can the mesurements be the same after he re-cut it....the weight went don why didnt the numbers change?
33.gif

Mataora.. check out this link about cflutist yummy sapphire.. it helps explain a little.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/an-amazing-sapphire-recut-by-richard-homer.19311/

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I got my spess today! What a bright orange! I am still adjusting to the look...I am just not used to something this bright.
21.gif

My fellow spess/concave stone lovers, here are some more pictures for you to enjoy. As you can see, the spess becomes so much more photogenic that even my pool skill looked okay on it.
5.gif

karenleah15 - I actually sent my sapphire to Richard and received one of his sapphire for a feel. I decided not to concave my sapphire because I can only see the look work better with lighter stones and my sapphire is kind of dark. And it is a very different look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results