shape
carat
color
clarity

Pry it out of my cold dead hands

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was emailing with a fellow PSer about items that we were selling/trading, and this subject came up. I know, from a LOT of experience, that there can be a lot of turnover with jewelry. The Pre-Loved sub-forum is certainly a testament to that!

So what I want to know is, what are the pieces that you will NOT part with?

Pictures highly appreciated!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I must be the odd man out because there are very few of my pieces that I would sell. But, if I was forced to sell my jewelry for whatever reason, the pieces I would hold onto the longest hoping that I wouldn't have to sell them would be (apart from my wedding rings which would only be sold if I was in danger of starving to death):

My semi-black opal ring
kiz-7fopal1.jpg

My onyx & diamond ring
kiz-onyxdiamond8.jpg

My floating pendant
TourPd3327OverCenterFl.jpg

My demantoid ring
kiz-annivring7.jpg

My emerald ring
kiz-asemerald3.jpg

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
For me, it would be my tourmaline ring made by James Meyer. I love everything in this ring, including the imperfections in the tourmaline. The stone has a window and inclusions, but it's full of life and has character.

tourmaline-ring.jpg
4_2.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1337886010|3202810 said:
I was emailing with a fellow PSer about items that we were selling/trading, and this subject came up. I know, from a LOT of experience, that there can be a lot of turnover with jewelry. The Pre-Loved sub-forum is certainly a testament to that!

So, what pieces would YOU not part with???????

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking of selling a few of my rings when I get back from vacation in a week, and so this has been on my mind, but I have a few (not counting my wedding band which would be last on the list) that I hope I never have to sell.

My red Mahenge spinel ring would probably be my last to go, however, I'll never say never. I really love this ring, but I'm not sure if it is my favorite, as I have several that I really enjoy, but this is the one that I would probably have the hardest time replacing, so that is why I chose it over a few of my other favorites.

AS Mahenge spinel1.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
colorluvr|1337889980|3202862 said:
FrekeChild|1337886010|3202810 said:

So, what pieces would YOU not part with???????
I'll come back to it in a while, it's been a weird day. I will show you the first one that pops into my mind though! It should surprise no one.

IMG_6148 freke.jpg

IMG_6175 for Barry.jpg

IMG_6209 for Barry.jpg

IMG_6181 freke2.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Nice rings ladies! Freke what's the blue stone in the pendant? I like the tilt :)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Cookie|1337887882|3202837 said:
For me, it would be my tourmaline ring made by James Meyer. I love everything in this ring, including the imperfections in the tourmaline. The stone has a window and inclusions, but it's full of life and has character.

tourmaline-ring.jpg
4_2.jpg

Love the profile shot on this one.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gray spinel with tapered baguettes.

Colorless spinel in MWM.

Diffused Gray.jpg

gray spinel cloudy day freke.jpg

IMG_1914 freke.jpg

mwm cropped.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
All of my necklaces,

Topaz push present.

Patrick Irla graduation/hydrangea/peach spinel ring.

Namibian tourmaline

necklaces.JPG

push present.JPG

peach.JPG

DSCN0778 freke.jpg

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread. Here's one I would really hate to see go, if it ever came to that...

IMGP2704.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Periwinkle spinel ring

Loose stones include anything my husband has picked out on his own or with me (tsav pair, red spinel melee, peach spinel oval, light pink/lavender Barry spinel)

And:
Periwinkle supernova
Lavender sapphire radiant/emerald barion
The three violet/grape/periwinkle spinels I want to make into a three stone
My other tsavs

Plus my ering and our wedding bands.

periwinkle2.JPG

tsavs2.JPG

IMG_9835 freke.jpg

cropped3.JPG

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
1.70ct Burma ruby ring I bought in 1995, heat only. It has an old setting that I'd like to change in the future.
IMGP2696.jpg

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Frekechild, I love that ring with the peachy stone with the flowers. :tongue:

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Ok, last two for now.

Yellow Sapphire
819%20(2).jpg

3+ct pink spinel from Tan, from a couple years ago with champagne diamonds
IMGP2929.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If we needed the money there is no jewel I wouldn't sell but I would be terribly sad to part with the Cartier black opal that my mom gave me.

Love all the gorgeous jewels posted here! Beautiful! :love:

RedSpinel

Shiny_Rock
FrekeChild|1337898656|3202972 said:

Colorless spinel in MWM.

That spinel looks good , and very bright..... I never even thought of buying a pure grey(but clean and bright) Spinel. But when mounted it looks great!

**FrekeChild: I take it thats a blue Spinel in the ring in your 2nd post at 15:26, right? It looks great too!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Freke, those three lavender spinels (or did you say one is a sapphire?) on your hand are stunning. Knockdown, drag out gorgeous. Must have lavender purple spinels...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1337906337|3203085 said:
Oh Freke, those three lavender spinels (or did you say one is a sapphire?) on your hand are stunning. Knockdown, drag out gorgeous. Must have lavender purple spinels...
This is the lone sapphire. Everything else is a spinel. Because, you know, I don't have a spinel problem or anything...

IMG_9818 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
RedSpinel|1337905545|3203079 said:

Colorless spinel in MWM.

That spinel looks good , and very bright..... I never even thought of buying a pure grey(but clean and bright) Spinel. But when mounted it looks great!

**FrekeChild: I take it thats a blue Spinel in the ring in your 2nd post at 15:26, right? It looks great too!
Lol. Yeah, I have strange taste. BUT I have had several people message me about wanting the gray should I ever decide to sell it.

And yes, that's "Big Blue". It has a saga...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/big-blue-debuts.114628/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/registered-mail-and-usps.116484/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/big-blue-has-been-found.119050/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-dimendscaasi-and-pricescope-at-large.120967/

Barry's glamour pic.

blue spinel on pyrite.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some really beautiful pieces, here! Well, I currently have two pieces I can think of that I wouldn't give up (other than my diamond e-ring, because I love it and it was my grandma's). My BB blue tourmaline ring in platinum, and my Peter Torraca red spinel in white gold. I have several loose stones that I wouldn't give up, though.

BB ring.jpg

red spinel ring.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kismet - I had never actually put together just how many of my very favorite pieces you owned! I have spent literally HOURS tracing back vendors you mentioned. Gorgeous collection!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My supernova imperial garnet from Barry
file.jpg

Tsavorite supernova from Barry
file.jpg

The star sapphire in my avatar
file.jpg

And probably my new graduation ring...though I haven't had it long enough yet to really know, lol. I always think I"ll never sell something when I buy it!

file.jpg
file.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet, can you please explain the floating pendant to me? It is gorgeous!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I need to sell something, I'd sell it, once in need, in need. But let us say, there are several things I'll cry about...

my demantoid pendant

my tsavorite ring

my sapphire which I hope to set!

my Alex ring

my mint garnet

and the rest I'll post tomorrow...

branchdaytsav12.JPG

dem25.JPG

saphire1.jpg

heart shaped mint garnet.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and this is the Alex... photographed by my jeweler, the real green is more brilliant green (remember this liquid they put on scratches?) and red is more raspberry...

alexgreen.jpg

alexred.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Colorless spinel in MWM.
Your gray spinel is my all time favorite colored stone on PS. :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results