shape
carat
color
clarity

My first colored stone purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve lurked on this thread for a while now drooling over all the beautiful stones and jewelry pieces. So excited to finally be able to post something of my own!

I purchased this 5.95ct. blue-green tourmaline from Wink back in Jan. I''m going to set it in a ring but have been trying to decide what kind of setting to go with. I know I don''t want a pave encrusted setting since I have a pave wedding set. I sent an email to Leon Mege so we''ll see what comes of it. I have a few ideas that I will post.

Anyone have any design inspiration to share?

bgtourmaline-2.JPG

portia

Brilliant_Rock
There is a small scratch on the table that I need to have polished off.

bgtourmaline-3.JPG

portia

Brilliant_Rock
These are some of the settings I like. Anyone have any other ideas you to share?

afewsettings.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous color in that tourmaline!
30.gif
The settings you have as examples are beautiful, can''t go wrong with either one. Do you like split shanks? This thread has a pretty setting and you can omit the pave diamonds from the shank.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/aquamarine-in-a-split-shank.55054/

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Wow!! That split shank ring is gorgeous. I love the very subtle sparkle of the pave!

Envy,
The dimensions are approximately 9 x 12mm.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
That is a good sized rock! It seems like you are drawn to the side stone look rather than the beautiful example of the aqua split shank solitaire. Both would look great- you could go either way- but i love the choices you have selected. I am no expert so others should chime in- but with your stone dimensions- you might not see much of the band anyways. you should take some hand shots of your stone between your fingers to get a sense how much larger you want to make overall setting. Also keep in mind good sized diamond side stones are going to be more money then pave.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I can''t wait to see the finished product.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah! Nice stone. What are the dimensions?

davisesq212

Rough_Rock
I am VERY jealous. I am looking for this exact stone. Can you tell me who / what is WINK is? I am new to this forum but not to buying genstone rings. I now want to buy loose stones and have soemone set them in a setting I select.

Advice?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink Jones is the vendor''s name and owner of www.winkjones.com who sells and sets diamonds and gemstones. He is located in Idaho and loves kayaking.

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Chrono,

The stone is about 9mm x 12mm. Here''s a picture that shows the size better...

bgtourmaline2sm.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results