shape
carat
color
clarity

Just received my first gemstones - blue sapphire and lavender pink spinel!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered them from Dan at Custom Gemstones last Wed and they finally arrived today! Took 3 business days to reach me in Sydney. The sun is out, I''m taking photos of the stones now and will post ASAP. They''re even more gorgeous than what I expected!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

On a side note, in my hurry to open the door for the postman this morning (I was asleep), I banged my FACE hard on the edge of my bedroom door and bruised my right cheekbone.
15.gif
8.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wooo hoooo, can''t wait to see them, gk!! I''ve emailed Dan about a stone for me and can''t wait to see what he comes up with!!

And re. your cheekbone, you poor little sausage!!
8.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
More on the sapphire first. When I first asked Dan about this stone, I was told that it''s nearly eyeclean and has an inclusion near the fat end, shown below.

sa997.jpg

PearInclusion1.jpg

I was expecting to really be able to notice the (fingerprint?) inclusion, but when the stone came, I couldn''t see it under most lighting. The only inclusion I can see is a tiny white speck which can probably be covered by a prong.
9.gif

I''ll be using this stone for my graduation ring, in this setting:

mwmpear1.jpg

Now on to the REAL pictures...

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, time for the spinel. This stone was custom-cut by Dan to fit into the old setting of my 0.591 ct WF X-factor diamond when it gets reset. The result was exactly what I had in mind! The stone is just so firey...
30.gif

Here''s the actual setting that will belong to the spinel, hopefully soon!
9.gif

xfactorhand2.jpg

xfactorside3.jpg

xfactorupsidedown2.jpg

The rough:

Roughspinel.jpg

Picture of the barion cut spinel, courtesy of Dan:

60SpinSqr.jpg

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Now for some pictures of the 2 stones together.

Face down in the box. You can really tell the colours from this photo.

gksapphirespinelupsidedown.jpg

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Handshots of them together. If I weren''t making them into 2 separate rings, I''ll totally put them together in a pendant like how it looks in the handshot! Maybe with a tiny little bezel set diamond in-between...
30.gif

gksapphirespinelhand1.jpg

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the pendant idea I was talking about. Won''t be doing it now, cos I already have other plans for the 2 stones! Will be keeping this photo for future project ideas though...
31.gif

gkpendantidea.jpg

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Tuckins1! Unfortunately, the rings will have to wait til I go back to Singapore in mid-Nov. I''m already hating the wait!
7.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gladys
Beautiful stones - I've been waiting to see how the spinel turned out after you posted the rough in your other thread --- gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif

I love the pendant idea - would look great!

Hope your cheek is ok!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely gemstones, and I love the necklace idea. It''s kind of cool when you have a picture of your stone before it was cut, kind of like having it''s own baby picture.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results