shape
carat
color
clarity

Greetings from The Natural Sapphire Company!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Helen@NSC

Rough_Rock
Hello, PriceScope! I’m Helen, and I''ve just started work at The Natural Sapphire Company. I''ve also been a PS lurker for a good long while (y''all have the best eye-candy), though never a contributor until now. I''m looking forward to changing that, as a representative for NSC.

I’m aware that there’s been some recent concern about NSC''s presence or lack thereof on PriceScope: I hope my being here will assuage that. I''m looking forward to becoming a part of the community - just thought I''d put up an introduction before I started posting!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome welcome!

I personally always love it when trade professionals join in, it''s almost always quite educational.

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Hi Helen,

Welcome to pricescope.

tapio
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Helen! looking forward to your posts.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2009 10:37:21 AM
Author:Helen@NSC
Hello, PriceScope! I’m Helen, and I''ve just started work at The Natural Sapphire Company. I''ve also been a PS lurker for a good long while (y''all have the best eye-candy), though never a contributor until now. I''m looking forward to changing that, as a representative for NSC.

I’m aware that there’s been some recent concern about NSC''s presence or lack thereof on PriceScope: I hope my being here will assuage that. I''m looking forward to becoming a part of the community - just thought I''d put up an introduction before I started posting!
This is true, although NSC has been a hot topic in recent days. I think it is a good idea to have a representative from NSC appear. Hopefully, you will be posting more, as well as provide some educational information and guidance. Welcome.
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello and welcome! I''m happy to see a NSC rep here to add to the discussion of coloured gemstones. Of course, having that gorgeous avatar helps too.
11.gif
9.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, Helen, good to have you here!

I can''t speak for others but I believe the concern was over the possibility of posters/posts being from NSC without disclosing that fact. There are several vendors who post here who are a real asset to the PS community with their certification/education/expertise.

Helen@NSC

Rough_Rock
Aw - thanks so much for the warm welcome, all of you!

MakingtheGrade - I was hoping that was how people would feel! I always get a kick out of the perspectives from the cutters and the designers and the industry folk, and I was hoping I wasn''t alone in it.

KLewis - thank you! As Annie once said, I think I''m gonna like it here.
21.gif

Tapio - many thanks!

D&T - thanks! And I''m looking forward to commenting (on your lovely halo-ring thread, for one!).

Tourmaline_Lover - thank you - that''s definitely my intention.

Chrono - thanks! and right back at you - that spinel almost glows from within. Beautiful!

StonieGrl - thanks! I understand the concern completely (on a forum like this one, honest opinions are crucial or it misses the point) and I''m hoping to be able to mitigate any concerns directly if ever doubts arise in the future.

Bella_mezzo, thank you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS Helen!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Helen and welcome to Pricescope!!! Glad you are here
35.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Helen, and welcome to PriceScope!
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Welcome Dr. H!

cheers--Sharon

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Helen- If you want to post any photos of those yummy stones in your avatar, please feel free
9.gif
9.gif
and welcome to PS!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
hi welcome!
always nice to have a representative here

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Hi helen & welcome

phaistos_disc

Rough_Rock
Hi Helen! I was wondering, is there a way to exclude heat-treated sapphires from the results when I browse stones on your site? I am finding I have to click through to each stone to check if it is heat-treated, e.g.:

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Unique/U2775/Round/stoneid=U2775

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Unique/U2820/Cushion/stoneid=U2820

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2009 7:45:39 PM
Author: icekid
Helen- If you want to post any photos of those yummy stones in your avatar, please feel free
9.gif
9.gif
and welcome to PS!

Hehe, yes, if you haven''t noticed already, sharing yummy eyecandy is a nice easy way to make friends here!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2009 7:38:49 AM
Author: phaistos_disc
Hi Helen! I was wondering, is there a way to exclude heat-treated sapphires from the results when I browse stones on your site? I am finding I have to click through to each stone to check if it is heat-treated, e.g.:

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Unique/U2775/Round/stoneid=U2775

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Unique/U2820/Cushion/stoneid=U2820
Making the links easier to click on.

Phaistos_disc,
I suggest your starting a new thread if you are interested in the 2 sapphires above. I'm having trouble opening up those links but perhaps it's just my PC.

Helen@NSC

Rough_Rock

Yes, there is: if you look at the very top of our page, you''ll see an option labeled "Advance Search" next to the icon of a magnifying glass. If you click on that, if will take you to a page with options for shape, color, etc.: at the bottom of that page, there''s a section titled "Additional Information." In "Additional Information," under "Enhancement," click on "No enhancement," and, voila! Hope this helps!

Helen@NSC

Rough_Rock
Thanks for making me feel so welcome - CatMom, AustenNut, Skippy123, Fly Girl, Canuk-Gal, Haagan_Daaz (your name makes me hungry!), MAC-W, I really appreciate it!

IceKid - I will check and see if the boss will let me raid the vault one of these days! And figure out where the line is drawn between informative "look at lovely stones as examples" posts and unwanted advertisement posts: I see other vendors do it with delicacy and aplomb, so it is a skill I will have to cultivate! And, MakingtheGrade - that's what I like about it here. We're all dealing in the currency of mutual admiration.

Chrono, thank you!

phaistos_disc

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 9:32:12 AM
Author: Helen@NSC

Yes, there is: if you look at the very top of our page, you''ll see an option labeled ''Advance Search'' next to the icon of a magnifying glass. If you click on that, if will take you to a page with options for shape, color, etc.: at the bottom of that page, there''s a section titled ''Additional Information.'' In ''Additional Information,'' under ''Enhancement,'' click on ''No enhancement,'' and, voila! Hope this helps!
It helps very much, thank you!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Helen. Glad to have you here! I too love it when vendors and trade professionals post on Pricescope.
1.gif

centrc

Rough_Rock
Welcome Helen! Do you work on site in NYC? If so I will say hi when I pick up my wife''s ring tomorrow!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
howdy stranger!!

i''m new too, but am terrible at taking photos of stones (i mean really, really bad) so i''m just here to ogle fabulous rocks and milk these nice people for advice...

glad to have another wise woman on the board!

21.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Helen! Looking forward to your contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results