shape
carat
color
clarity

fancy colored diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s been a lot of talk about fancy colored diamonds lately, so I thought I''d open a new thread. I bought all of these around 10 to 15 years ago, before fancies became so outrageously popular, so I was lucky I guess in that respect. I always liked colored diamonds more than white ones, and they were a bargain back then, even for pinks.

Here are my fancies. I know I showed a picture of them in my fancy brown diamond thread, but that picture was taken in dim white light. Here''s another under hallogen light, and they seem to sparkle like crazy.

From bottom up.

Two .20 pointer pinks (about 4mm each)
One Salmon colored .8 pointer (around 6mm)
One 5mm 1/2 carat brownish pink (I really don''t know the true color of this stone, but after browsing all the colored diamond websites, I think it''s a brownish pink, the body of the stone looks way more pink than brown)
Two lemony yellows at a half carat each
One orangish brown square step cut that I think is about .30 points
One 1.25 ( or 1.75 - I need to get it weighed) fancy yellowish brown
One 20 pointer pinkish brown (this diamond looks very purpley pink in some lights)

The Salmon diamond looked purple in the hallogens. I never really took notice before since these sat in a box for the longest time. My husband even said so, and he could care less about my gemstone hobby and he doesn''t know a purple diamond from squat.

Well, I know I have to get these all set. Maybe I''ll do one long linear pendant, we''ll see. I really do think out of all of these, the most important is the fourth one from the bottom, the pinkish half carat, so I''m working on a ring project. Thanks for looking!!

fancies_incandescent2.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWOWOWOWOW!!! I''d LOVE to have a collection like that to play with!! All the colours are beautiful, and look amazing together! I can''t wait to see what you come up with for these babies, t_l!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the clearest of the pics, and the salmon colored one changes color in hallogens to a purple hue (looks more purple in person)

fancies_incandescant4.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s an up close shot of my yellowish brown and my 1/2 carat brownish pink stone together. I really think this shows off the main body color of the 1/2 carat really well when you put it next to a brown yellow diamond.

friends2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here's another pic of my brown next to my salmon diamond in white light - have to take a pic in hallogens because the salmon does change color. Thanks for indulging me and letting me show off my little collection.

salmon_brown.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamonds! I love all the colors.
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
All of those are so beautiful. You were so lucky to buy those 15 years ago. The prices are sky high now. A friend of mine bought a tiny .15 fancy pink and had a ring made 3 years ago. She paid a fortune for it, but she wanted a pink diamond from Australia. Your collection is breathtaking.

Linda

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2008 12:05:25 PM
Author: Linda W
All of those are so beautiful. You were so lucky to buy those 15 years ago. The prices are sky high now. A friend of mine bought a tiny .15 fancy pink and had a ring made 3 years ago. She paid a fortune for it, but she wanted a pink diamond from Australia. Your collection is breathtaking.

Linda
Oh, that sounds lovely. I would love to see a picture of her ring. Did she use that as the center stone? The thing with the tiny fancies is that they give a lot of impact, even when they''re small, you still notice them.

I was researching the fancy diamond websites, and I''m shocked at the prices they even want for fancy brownish pinks. My two little 20 pointer stones are pure pinks (I don''t see any brown at all in them), but the half carat is a brownish or champagne pink. Everyone that sees it in person says it''s "pink" or "pinkish" or "peachy pink." I never tell them what to say, I just ask for their honest opinion. I should probably get a lab report for that one. I''ve even seen diamonds the same color as my salmon diamond called "pink" and I was in shock. I never ever considered that a fancy colored diamond, but an off-colored diamond. It was a great buy 15 years ago though!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
She doesn''t have it set with diamonds, she just has it set in a yellow gold band. She bought in memory of her 25th wedding anniversary. Her husband died in 1996 and this was a gift to herself. Leave it to me to burst out crying when she showed it to me. We all had known each other, since our mid 20''s.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! I love colored diamonds and yours are so pretty!
30.gif

I should have bought some when I first fell in love with them, believe me when I say I''m kicking my butt now! Too bad for me, now everyone likes them. I remember going to the diamond shop the first time and having the guy show me what he had, I was looking for a cheaper, starter, stone and they were nearlly all colored or very flawed. I asked him why they were so cheap and he said that it was because they weren''t colorless and that was it. Yep, and now they''re more...ding, ding, dong.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic collection!!!

I am a colored diamond nut myself and seem to have an ever growing wish list---if your collection ever needs a babysitter, you know who to call
9.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW...AWESOME COLLECTION....THANK YOU FOR SHARING THEM WITH US!!!

Lori

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
How completely delicious....
18.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am DROOOOLING here! Gorgeous diamonds!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what would be really cool, a fancy colored OEC!!! I would love to see THAT! I think they sometimes cut fancy yellows in OEC, but I have yet to see a fancy pink, brown or blue in an OEC.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
The center stone in my 3 stone OEC ring is FY, set in RG-I will be changing the setting someday soon :) It definitely emits a different spectrum of color vs. the other two G colored OEC's. Sorry the pics aren't the best, I will have to try for some better one's later.

A jeweler had a Fancy Intense Yellow Orange OEC that was 2+cts and the color was TDF, it was also $80,000! I've also seen a Fancy Light Purple OEC and that I think I would have sold a kidney for---OMGoodness!!!

3 OEC ring in rose gold.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stepcutnut,
I have a burnished bezel eternity band of alternating rounds and princesses in platinum (white diamonds though). It was a 5 year anniversary gift from hubby. Your ring is very pretty. I have a thick heavy platinum men's band (weighs about 30 grams), and I was thinking at one point of burnishing the brown in there, but it wouldn't be very feminine. My other burnished bezel ring is more feminine. I might use the white gold halo I recently got to set the stone. I'm still debating whether I should use it for my 5mm brownish pink since the stone seems a bit too small for it.

diamond. md

Rough_Rock
Thanks for starting this thread and sharing your beauties. I have been collecting this magnificent work of natures for quite some time. I will try to share photos of my collection. Try to have your babies certified by GIA which is the standard so it will hold its value.
Again, thanks for starting this thread so people could appreciate nature''s work of art.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the nice words "Diamond MD."
I love that green diamond in your avitar. Please post your collection. I''m sure it will put mine to shame. I would go to the GIA, but I am terrified of mailing my loose diamond collection there. I live in the Chicago area, so if there''s a lab here associated with the GIA, or something comprable, please let me know. I rather just drop it off.

diamond. md

Rough_Rock
My avatar is a rare natural fancy intense pure green. The nearest GIA to you is in New York
City located at 580 Fifth Ave.
Here is another rare fancy intense blue.

FIntenseBlueKite 0.13.jpg

diamond. md

Rough_Rock
Attached is a beautiful stone grade differently by GIA and IGI.
GIA said it is Fancy Light Gray. IGI said it is Fancy greenish Gray.
To me, it is just a sweet grayish green heart.

F lightgY heart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results