shape
carat
color
clarity

Because people are threatening to beat me on the head with a ice cream scoop...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the reason my shoes became the teal/blue color...This has been an ongoing headache, and I''m finally glad it''s over. And this is the result.

IMG_1842 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Next to my Elsa Peretti stacking band...

IMG_1849 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And now a clearish shot of the stone.

IMG_1853 freke.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!

WAY KEWL!

....took you long enough!
9.gif

LS

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
On my right hand (partially the reason it was such a headache...)

IMG_1857 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Again on my right hand...

IMG_1862 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goofy hand shot...

IMG_1865 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And on my left hand. Which is a 6, while the ring is sized a 7. But I love the color in this pic.

IMG_1841 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. It''s a 4mm Swiss Blue Topaz in a 4 gauge hammered tension setting in silver. It is from an artist on ebay. I originally won the auction on a size 6, and it said that he could size it for free to whatever size I wanted. So I asked for a 7, and he said it would take 10 business days. I knew it would have to be recast, but he never said anything about it. I won the auction August 2nd. And just got the ring today, the 29th, after numerous emails and anxiety on my end. I''d originally been eying this in a pink tourmaline, but never pulled the trigger. Then when I saw it in the Swiss blue, I had to have it. So, here it is. And it was worth the wait, even though the stone isn''t the greatest cut.

I do love me some blue...

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Verrrrrrry pretty!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sweet!!! Love that syle of ring, love the colored blue stone (it IS about the color), love the hammered silver... simply gorgeous.

What a fun ring to wear! Enjoy, Freke!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way cool, Freke!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I really like it! The color of the topaz is beautiful.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, Freke! It''s so cute, and the pic on the left hand has awesome colour!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!!! I have to admit that I'm a bit worried about having topaz in a tension setting, but I probably won't wear it too too much because it's pretty heavy and a bit on the thick side. I have always wanted a tension set ring but I don't want any diamonds and I'm an instant gratification kind of girl. So we shall see how it ends up. The dude who made it makes all kinds of crazy looking rings--like super modern, industrial looking rings that would look fine in a Star Wars movie and then there is this one called the "Relic" which is kind of ancient feeling-more like Lord of the Rings.

I do like it a lot, but FF is not a huge fan. He says it's too thick, and too shiny.

Thanks again for your kind comments. I know it's not something that would appeal to everyone's taste...

ETA: I forgot to mention that the blue topaz is super sparkly. I only took 20 shots of it earlier, and I think I posted about 7 of them? It's easy to take pics of, that's for sure!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Nifty! I''ve been loving blue topaz lately; maybe I should start haunting ebay. (stupid budget...)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!!

Did I mention that it''s gorgeous?? Would you be willing to share the ebay vendor? I''d love to get a ring like that for my daughter. I''m bringing her up with the proper enjoyment and appreciation of good jewelry, and I think this style of ring would be perfect for a fourteen year old!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure. His store is called Brite Metal. He''s got some crazy looking designs, but some are pretty cool. FF says about some of them that "it looks like it shoots lasers". He''s a nerd. Link to his store.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are some crazy looking rings on his site!! They don''t look comfortable to wear, but look like they would make for a good defensive knuckle ring in the event you find yourself needing to take a self defense punch at someone.
2.gif

I love your ring though. Although I agree the bad looks a little chunky for my taste ( I have a hard time wearing the Tiffany Band my daughter bought me for Mother''s Day a few years back because of chunkiness), it is a beautiful color stone and I like the unique look of the ring.

But the most important thing is that is looks awesome on your hand!!
36.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I like it! My tastes are weird sometimes. I love antique and art deco style jewelry, and then I also really go for the rustic, handcrafted look. Not much in between. Is the topaz truly tension set? I wonder how much lateral pressure is actually being exerted on it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
miracles I know! Some of those things are CARAZY looking and are really high off of the finger, which I would not be able to handle. But they WOULD make awesome brass knuckles type things.

It is a bit chunky. I thought it would be a little bit more delicate in real life, but it's not uncomfortable at all. Probably because it's so rounded. I want to see this Tiffany band your daughter bought you!

Yay for looking alright on my hand. My hands always look so goofy in handshots. They don't look like that in real life. I don't get it.

Selkie I also have odd taste in jewelry. I like either sleek and modern (which this mostly falls into) or ornate with filigree or something similar in detail. This is a little bit outside my comfort zone because of the hammered texture, but I'm digging it.

It does seem to be tension set. It's very secure and not going anywhere. As for pressure, I have no idea how much is being exerted on it.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Love it, Freke. Of course, I am planning something similar for my tsav so that''s not a shock
3.gif
Looks like a really great ebay find.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
All right Freke! I''m back!

nice thread title!
2.gif

How goes the hunt these days? You sound a lot more positive about it.

Take your time my friend: you are going to wear it for a LONG time.

LS

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hey Freke, what a cute ring! I love the tension set topaz....and thanks for the link to his store. Very cool designs...although I had to raise an eyebrow at the handcuff ring! lol

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it Freke. I love the setting too and especially LOVE the color of that Topaz
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummalicious!!! Is that a word?? Hehe, love it Freke!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results