shape
carat
color
clarity

Wearing your wedding ring before the wedding...bad luck?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all,

Here''s a stupid question from an impatient bride-to-be/

FI and I are going to order our wedding rings from Signed Pieces in February.
I am so excited!
I know that I''m not going to be able to stick that ring in a safe deposit box
without wearing it around for a little while.

I suggested that we wear our rings out to dinner the day that they arrive, then put them
away until our wedding. He laughed and said that might be fun, but isn''t it unlucky?

Drat, is it unlucky? How many of you ladies wore your wedding rings before the ceremony?
Maybe taking them out to dinner is a bit much.

I guess I can wait, but poop, that stinks. Maybe we wouldn''t go out to dinner, but instead drink
a toast to each other in them?

What did, would you all do?

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Tybee! I''m going through the same impatience!!!!! ARGH!

We picked up my ring last week Saturday and FI won''t let me wear it! But I''m dying and I found where he hid it so I can hardly stand it--I go and put it on and look at it.

I think it is bad luck to wear it but what I was thinking is that I could wear it on my RIGHT HAND with my e-ring, just here and there from time to time, but FI won''t hear of it! He''s superstitious...he also won''t take a picture of me in my wedding gown so I can post here.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
selflove,
You didn''t even TRY IT ON? I can''t see how that''s humanly possible???
Wasn''t there was a moment where you both just tried them on?
I think I might explode and we haven''t even ordered the rings yet.
I am one impatient woman!!!
Okay, I can gather myself and do this. Maybe we should wait and order them
later...

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I wore mine more than I should have! I don''t think it''s bad luck at all, but then again, I''m not superstitious. My husband wore his on his right hand, all the time. Strange, maybe, but not unlucky!
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore mine a few times...and unless some big fat b!tch slams you into a big metal and glass door at Nordstrom...I think you arefine.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a little superstitious so I just tried it on once or twice and took some pixies but other than that, it stayed in the box until the wedding. Same with Greg''s ring. I actually like having things to look forward to, so I was able to wait with no issues...especially since I had my e-ring to keep me busy.
2.gif
So I would say no don''t wear it so that when you DO get married, it can go on your finger the way it should at that point!! I would not have wanted to wear it before. Just me...
5.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 8:24:33 PM
Author: Mara
I''m a little superstitious so I just tried it on once or twice and took some pixies but other than that, it stayed in the box until the wedding. Same with Greg''s ring. I actually like having things to look forward to, so I was able to wait with no issues...especially since I had my e-ring to keep me busy.
2.gif
So I would say no don''t wear it so that when you DO get married, it can go on your finger the way it should at that point!! I would not have wanted to wear it before. Just me...
5.gif

Im the same way. I liked having something to look forward to and didnt want to wear it around in fear it would get damaged!

PSA: For anyone who has purchased and picked up their ring but wont even try it on-please do so and try it on to make sure it fits!! When I got my first Tacori set I didnt want to try the w-band on at all. But I did. And thats when I found out it was too small and it got stuck on my finger, only to have to be pryed open with a saw in the emergency room. Can you imagine if I would have waited until my wedding day to find this out! I would have had a purple necrotic finger in all my hand/ring pics...LOL!

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
We tried ours on just to make sure they fit. Wouldn''t want to get to the ceremony and not be able to get them on. But, we didn''t wear them anywhere til they were legit.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Sound advice everyone.
It looks like we''ll be getting a safe-deposit box and storing them away. It''s safer that way.
Trying them on will have to do.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
For some reason.. I don''t have any desire to wear my wedding ring around.. until I am actually married. I also haven''t ordered it yet thought (I am hoping to be ordering from Signed Pieces around February too!).. I don''t think its bad luck.. but its something I want to save for being married.. Silly, I guess. I''m SURE I''ll try it on a few times though. :)

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Are we going to get the WHOLE story from ame? Or am I the only one waiting????

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
She posted about it a while ago, something like she was shopping at Nordstrom''s and went to open the glass doors and some snobby Prada''d-out woman rudely pushed past her and slammed her into the door and she hit her ring and then I think Ame followed her and told her off. That''s what I remember anyway.
2.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on my w-band before I got my e-ring. They were both created at the same time so we received them, but since Sam made me wait 3 months before he proposed, I asked to see the w-band and it''s a good thing I did because it didn''t fit. Our jeweler made the ring half a size too small! We had to take both rings back to get it corrected.

I have the w-band in my possession now and I only took it out a few times to show my friends when they came over to our house. I haven''t taken any pics of both rings on my finger yet. However, I did wear it for a few hours around the house one night after Sam had already gone to bed. I just wanted to get the "feel" of it.
2.gif

I wouldn''t wear it out to any place though.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is okay to try it on but not to actually wear it out.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2006 2:21:49 PM
Author: Mara
She posted about it a while ago, something like she was shopping at Nordstrom''s and went to open the glass doors and some snobby Prada''d-out woman rudely pushed past her and slammed her into the door and she hit her ring and then I think Ame followed her and told her off. That''s what I remember anyway.
2.gif
Pretty much covers it. The microphone on the piano caught most of it and broadcast me going off on her through most of the store.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Brilliant!
There''s nothing like being broadcast when you are truly pissed off!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
When I got mine, I wore them for the whole day (at home) . I know it''s bad and my fiance gave me the no-no look when I told him, but I couldn''t help it. He''s tried on his wedding ring, but only for a few minutes.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hehe I love the timing of this thread- FI and I agreed when we got each others rings we could try them on, once, just to make sure they fit, and that''s all. Well, my eternity band from Signed Pieces came in months ago and I tried it on... and FI''s ring came in too, and he tried it on... and that was the end of it, until this week. I left FI''s ring sitting on mydesk, and the other day when I took a peek at it I noticed fingerprints all over it!!! ooohhh I *KNEW* FI had tried it on w/o me knowing and I called him out on it... and he totally was caught red handed! (and quite sheepish about it too) SO... today at his parents house (where MY Ring is at) I pestered him til he let me try it on again, and he let me for a bit... but left the ring out on the kitchen table... and when he was eating dinner I snuck it on my hand and sported it around his parents house for a few hours until we were leaving, and he was bringing the ringbox back upstairs (not realizing I was wearing it...) when I was finally like, btw, you want to put something in that box?!!!
9.gif

I am SO BAD!!! But I LOVE that eternity band and can''t WAIT to wear it!!!! I had no idea it was bad luck, but how can something so purty be bad luck?! sigh...

the funny thing is we were going over the ceremony today w/our pastor and when we got to the part about presenting the rings, FI said the pastor ought to say, "This ring, which symbolizes flopkins'' love of bling..." hehe...
31.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
LOL flopkins!
that''s hilarious, thanks for sharing. How cute that you caught your FI wearing his!
I really think it''s the bling factor that''s itching me. When I tried on my ring at Signed Pieces I didn''t want to take it off!
I cannot imagine that little blue box coming and me just putting it AWAY!

MS, thanks for posting the link to ame''s story, another lol!!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding ring was made to fit my engagement ring (it''s curved) so I managed to wear it for a couple of days to see if the white 18k gold reacted with my skin. Then back into the box until the big day.

However, my DH wore his as a right hand ring from pretty much when he received it until the wedding day. That''s when we realised that we''d measured his right hand ring finger and got the ring to fit that hand and actually his left hand is a little smaller!! The ring is tungsten so there''s no way that it''s going to get resized so he wears it on his left hand when it''s warm and his right hand during colder weather. Maybe we''ll get him another smaller one some day, but he doesn''t seem to mind switching. I''m just pleased that he likes his ring enough to wear it all the time, as other friends of ours don''t like to wear their wedding rings.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 8:39:48 PM
Author: PunchNPie75
PSA: For anyone who has purchased and picked up their ring but wont even try it on-please do so and try it on to make sure it fits!! When I got my first Tacori set I didnt want to try the w-band on at all. But I did. And thats when I found out it was too small and it got stuck on my finger, only to have to be pryed open with a saw in the emergency room. Can you imagine if I would have waited until my wedding day to find this out! I would have had a purple necrotic finger in all my hand/ring pics...LOL!
LOL - I cannot think of a better reason to try the ring on at least once!

My wedding band WAS my original ering (I thought I didn''t want a rock since I work in a lab and hafta wear gloves...then I snapped out of it)...so I ended up getting a traditional ering and the first one became my wedding band. I didn''t wear it anymore after I got the solitaire...but I had worn it for a few months before that as an ering!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 5:52:39 PM
Author: Tybee
selflove,
You didn''t even TRY IT ON? I can''t see how that''s humanly possible???
Wasn''t there was a moment where you both just tried them on?
I think I might explode and we haven''t even ordered the rings yet.
I am one impatient woman!!!
Okay, I can gather myself and do this. Maybe we should wait and order them
later...
Hell yes, I wouldn''t take it off in the store while he was looking for a ring for himself!

I put it on every few days and wear it around and sometimes I even wear it in front of him for a minute to see if he''ll notice and then I go back upstairs and put it back into it''s temporary home. It''s like putting a drug in front of an addict. I didn''t even know that I was addicted to diamonds but you''re right, Tybee, it''s all about the bling. The channel set diamonds in the wedding band just make the solitaire in my e-ring pop. God, I love it. Can''t wait to wear it!

Ame--Ha! What a story!

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I am going to wear it around the house all the time so that the metal can age like my engagement ring and then before the wedding get them both cleaned so they match. My fiance''s brother just got married and the brides rings were different colors kind of because of the wear the e-ring had. Mine is platinum so the patina will really be in full swing by the time we get married in 2007!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 9:27:30 PM
Author: Momoftwo
We tried ours on just to make sure they fit. Wouldn''t want to get to the ceremony and not be able to get them on. But, we didn''t wear them anywhere til they were legit.

us too. I didn''t even think about wearing it before..

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I tried my wedding band on the day we got engaged which is good because it needs to be resized. I won''t put it again (after the resizing) until the wedding day. I can wait for that surprisingly.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
My future sister in law wore hers 24/7 before the wedding, and then found out that on the wedding day, some diamonds had fallen out. I''m not even allowed to wear my ering, because it doesn''t have the center stone yet, my boyfriend put it up on a really high shelf (I''m 5 feet even) in all of it''s pretty little boxes (come on- a wooden box inside a pretty blue box, tied and knotted with ribbon) where I can see it, but not reach it. So cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results