shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting over...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my bridesmaids all went and tried on dresses at Davids (they decided it was easier to go with Davids) and they picked out this dress:

They all decided it looked the best on them and they liked how it actually matched my wedding dress... I went with my Maid of Honor to try them on and this looked so darling on her! When she put it on, she acted like it was "the one" for her. She said she didn't need to try on anything else and that was the dress she wanted.

I think we made a good decision, do you?

bridesmaiddressjenn.jpg

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Now we want to make a less expensive version of these shoes for them (with red bows). Does anyone know where I might be able to find clear shoes like this (without the bow) for less than 30 dollars? I will be adding the bows myself.

Nina.jpg

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I found these at Amazon for 38 bucks (still a little pricey to me), what do you think? The Davids ones were 50.

B000AKV8W4.01-AI72NJ5OCL0UP._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I am not a big fan of the heel on this, but so far this is the only thing I have found in your budget. I don't know how easy it would be to remove the jewel, but I bet you could easily cover it with the bow or have it peek out from under the bow.

ETA: forgot to tell how much and where- they are 17.99 at Payless

shoe.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another pair for $35. Also on sale thru tomorrow. The only thing about these two shoes is they are limited on sizes!
emsad.gif

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1268657/c/13998.html

50073-p.jpg

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
I think they are really cute. I''ve seen them at David''s before. But to me, $40 and $50 is a lot for shoes that may not be worn again. Like I said, they''re totally cute, but seem to scream "bridesmaid" with the bow. Is this bow removable?

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 11:18:28 AM
Author: tanyak
I think they are really cute. I''ve seen them at David''s before. But to me, $40 and $50 is a lot for shoes that may not be worn again. Like I said, they''re totally cute, but seem to scream ''bridesmaid'' with the bow. Is this bow removable?
Oh definitely, the bow is removeable, but there would be a couple of holes left in its place. I don''t really think it screams bridesmaid, if you wear if with a cute top and a pair of jeans.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
NJC, those shoes are cute!!!!

I like the shoes you picked out, aphisiglovessae, would you get the boy dyed to match the dress?

You BM dress is similar to the one my MOH is thinking of getting, except without straps and in the cinnamon color.
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 12:05:18 PM
Author: Caribou

I like the shoes you picked out, aphisiglovessae, would you get the boy dyed to match the dress?

You BM dress is similar to the one my MOH is thinking of getting, except without straps and in the cinnamon color.
9.gif
I would definitely get a matching red bow with the shoes. We tried them on with the dress and it was adorable, which is why I''m really trying to find the same style for less money. If I absolutely can''t find the same thing, I might end up breaking down and having them pay 50 dollars for the Davids shoe. My bridesmaids said they wouldn''t mind, but I have one that''s really struggling with her finances (not a big problem because I would help her if she needed it). I just can''t justify paying so much for a pair of shoes. I wouldn''t pay that much, so why should I make my bridemaids?

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 1:56:50 PM
Author: aphisiglovessae

9.gif
I would definitely get a matching red bow with the shoes. We tried them on with the dress and it was adorable, which is why I''m really trying to find the same style for less money. If I absolutely can''t find the same thing, I might end up breaking down and having them pay 50 dollars for the Davids shoe. My bridesmaids said they wouldn''t mind, but I have one that''s really struggling with her finances (not a big problem because I would help her if she needed it). I just can''t justify paying so much for a pair of shoes. I wouldn''t pay that much, so why should I make my bridemaids?
That was my concern earlier. Now if your maids don''t mind paying for them and will wear them again, as you suggested, go for it! I just bought my wedding shoes, and I went with some strappy Kenneth Cole Reaction sandles in silver with rhinestone detailing because I can wear these again, unlike white shoes, which I would never rewear.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 1:56:50 PM
Author: aphisiglovessae

9.gif
I know this probably isn''t the best thing to get as a gift for the bridal party but what if you bought them the shoes??

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My advice is to get the shoes ANYWHERE other than David's Bridal. They have decent dresses at a good price (my wedding dress and several bridesmaid dresses I've worn were all from there) but their shoes are the CRAPPIEST THINGS I have ever had to wear in my life. They do a horrifically uneven dye job (claiming that it's because of the excess glue on the shoes from making them...uh, which is a testament to how crappy the shoes are) and must be inspected before walking out with them - 2 out of 3 times, I've had to make them start over with a new pair of shoes. Those 3 times I was forced to buy the shoes because the brides wanted us to. For my wedding, I bought a pair of shoes from Nordstrom which were LESS expensive and FAR better quality.

One pair of these David's bridal shoes that I had to wear, I really really liked the style ---- I've worn them a total of 4 times - and they're already falling apart.

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Here''s one for $38: http://www.discountweddingshoes.com/showroom.asp?id=3411&catgroup=&cat_id=91

Or maybe you could buy shoe bows/clips? Maybe you could show them the general style they needed to buy in either clear, white, or black shoes and just add the bow? When you want something specific like a red bow it''s hard to find deals. I too would recommend not buying the dyables from Davids- my feet KILLED me by the end of the night when I was a bridesmaid wearing those. And the dye went everywhere on my feet- I had to scrub them to get the red out.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe Cali - was the color of the shoes DB''s "apple?" I had "apple" colored feet for 3 days afterwards as well.
14.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
If I buy the shoes elsewhere and the red bows they come with don't match, I'm simply going to find red ribbon that DOES match the dress and put them on the shoes. OR, if I can't find the exact same style, I was going to have them purchase clear shoes and I will attach a bow on there for them. I hate dyed shoes (one drop of water and they're ruined and they stain your feet)so I refused to purchase any dyeables and had them dyed the same color. That's why I'm trying to find cute clear shoes (silver or gold just wouldn't go IMO). Also, I asked DB for a sample of the dress color to try and match some things and the sample they sent me didn't look like the shade I remember. It was way dark, so I don't trust their dye-jobs.

My maid of honor suggesting finding out how much the red ribbon for those shoes cost and maybe purchasing just the ribbon, but knowing how these things work, they probably jacked up the price so much it would just be cheaper to buy ribbon from a Fabric store and put them on the shoes myself. Really, I'm just looking for the shoes. The bow part is easy for me to do.

P.S. Do you think it's bad if the red ribbon used on my bouquets isn't the exact same shade (the red on the dress is darker, I think)? Do you think it would look tacky? Here's a picture to help (the bouquet is propped up on my purse. I know, it looks weird):

ETA: This picture is so crappy cuz it was taken with my webcam (Now that I look at it, I don't even think the red is right in this picture). I just got a new camera for christmas so I'll try to take a better picture tonight.

Bouquetonpurse.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
maybe you can have your reds match if you buy the ribbon yourself for the shoes and enough to give the florist to use for your bouquet?

i love the bouquet -- what kind of flowers are those? lillies?

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Hey - I''m glad to see you back! I felt bad about what happened, because I know you''re a good girl!

Your BM dresses are lovely.. I don''t really know about shoes that are similar to the ones from Davids.. they might be a little hard to come by!! I love those shoes though. I actually want to try them on for my wedding shoes.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I would go with a different red ribbon for your bouquet because it looks a little too orangy in the pictures and the BM dresses are more of a deeper richer red. I just personally don''t like an orangish red or a bright red, so I am biased.

I agree with you that silver and gold shoes won''t go well with the BM dresses. Your idea is the best way to go, so hopefully you can find affordable shoes to make it work.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 6:20:51 PM
Author: lovelylulu
maybe you can have your reds match if you buy the ribbon yourself for the shoes and enough to give the florist to use for your bouquet?

i love the bouquet -- what kind of flowers are those? lillies?

Yes they are lilies. And I don''t have a florist. I did my own flowers.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 7:16:20 PM
Author: qtiekiki
I would go with a different red ribbon for your bouquet because it looks a little too orangy in the pictures and the BM dresses are more of a deeper richer red. I just personally don''t like an orangish red or a bright red, so I am biased.

I agree with you that silver and gold shoes won''t go well with the BM dresses. Your idea is the best way to go, so hopefully you can find affordable shoes to make it work.

Yeah, I''m going to try getting a better picture of that bouquet. I don''t think the ribbon is really that orange.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
I think your BM dresses are PERFECT with your dress!!! Excellent choice!!!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe this picture is better. I still don't think the shade of red is quite true (the actual color seems more red to me), but it could be the lightbulbs in my room. I think it's better than that crappy one I had before. Anyway, forgive my messy desk.

IMG_0072.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to vote on this one. I really like the Mootsies Tootsies shoes with the two horizontal straps and rhinestones. I know a bow would probably not look right on those, but I have to tell you, I have a pair almost like those, only there is a clear toe ring with a rhinestone detail instead of the strap closest to the toes. I wear them with a lot of my more colorful cocktail dresses, and the top strap really stabalizes the shoe and keeps it from sliding off or from your heel sliding off the side. I have gotten so many compliments on them, from women of all ages. I also paid only $30 for mine.

On the issue of asking bridesmaids to pay too much for shoes...you may just have to find some extra cash somewhere and help them pay for part of their ensemble. I paid for my girls'' updos even though I got all of them great gifts as well. Their dresses were only $80, and I let them pick their own shoes (they had floor length dresses), but they all had to travel some distance for the wedding. I thought the least I could do was not force them to pay for their hair.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... The bridesmaids really like the bow.... I really need something that will look good with the bow on it.

Like I said, they're not objecting to paying for it, I just don't feel like it's worth 50 dollars for a pair of shoes. I wouldn't pay that much and neither should they. And I'm not going to buy them for them if they have no objections. It's just plain being nice to them, if you ask me. I would much more appreciate a bride trying to find me the least expensive, but good-looking ensemble she can rather than saying "I want you to wear this and it costs 250 dollars." I would think she was some kind of bridezilla or something. You know what I mean? I got a pretty decent deal on the dress (100 bucks, which includes tax and shipping) and I think it's just stupid to have shoes that cost half of what the dress cost (there's that frugal lifestyle I was raised in, lol).

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a pair of Mootsie Tootsie shoes listed- Cute! & I know they are comfy. I know you are trying to be kind on the wallet, but try to be kind to the feet as well. Keep in mind is that some cheap shoes are really rough on the feet and your girls are probably going to be in the shoes for min. 6 hours. I don''t know about you- but I hate it when people are barefoot on the dance floor- get shoes that fit everyone comfortably, and if you can keep it under $50 you did a good job.
Also if the shoes are uncomfortabe/give blisters, they won''t be worn again- I would rather pay a little more for shoes I''d wear again than pay $30 for shoes I am only going to wear for 1 night and will shred my feet & force me to wear tennis shoes for the following week.
I just chose my BM dresses and I think I am going to tell the girls to buy whatever strappy gold heel they want- gold shoes basically disappear in photos. You could even give them style guide lines- like a "barbie style" open toe shoe so you could still do the bow, which will look great w/ your dresses.

I am impressed by your flower arranging ability!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results