shape
carat
color
clarity

my updates

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Happy hump day everyone!

Today is day 1 of operation grow my nails. I have nail strengthening crap on them to help and my co workers are instructed to smack me if they see me biting them. I had to give myself 2 months in case I have a relapse lol. Wish me luck!

Also, as some of you may remember, my seamstress told me my blue shoes were not tall enough. Add to that that I couldn''t walk in them in the first place try as hard as I might I just couldn''t pull it off. So I talked to the owner of the bridal store who told me to buy whatever height heel I would like and we''d fix everything at the 2nd dress fitting (this coming saturday).

So last night I was shopping for fall clothes with fi and he saw these shoes and said how about these? They are the same color blue I had before with a height I am comfortable walking in and they are just so so comfy. I could wear them to bed lol. They didn''t have a photo of the blue ones online but here is the black ones:

smurfyimprovednewshoes.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For your nails get some Incoco Nail appliques at Walgreens. They are about $5 a set. Dont get the french nails.
Get the whole length one color nails. I have had these on my nails for about 5 weeks and my nails are longer
than ever (they are usually weak and break easily). My nails are so long that I think I'm going to have to trim
them. I think because its a thick layer(s) of nail polish it just makes your nails a whole lot stonger. They last
about 7 days (and I'm the chief cook and bottle washer). I'll try to take a pic and post it. I have on the lightest
shade of pink which I didnt realize is opaque. Sort of looks like a little girls polish with little pink sparkles in it.
(I wont be getting this one again). I suggest the light/med pink. It doesnt show as much when they start to
grow out.

See this link for more info...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-it-yourself-french-manicure.119348/

fingernailslac.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
for your wedding did you use the nail appliques or your real nails? I''m such a clutz if I don''t use my real nails for the wedding but have considered the fake ones to grow them out until then. I type on a keyboard all day long though so I need something that won''t irritate me all day lol. I thought about getting that stuff to put on them that tastes bad too, has anyone tried that? I really would like to be able to have french nails for the wedding though :)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Beware of fake nails to help you grow your nails out. Most fake nails will damage and ultimately weaken any nail that is under them, so if you use fakes to help you grow the nail out but take them off before the wedding, you''ll have damaged nails that chip, peel, and tear on your big day. If you''re a nail biter, the best thing I can suggest is paying a LOT of attention to them. File them, paint them (daily if you have to), do whatever to make it just not worth it to you to bite them. And make sure your diet is good. Whenever I''m not eating properly, my nails are the first to go.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the tips princess :)
i have been taking multi vitamins and things so hopefully that will help, my nails are pretty healthy, just short lol
i also got a nail strengthener with vitamins and things on it that ive been painting on each day

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Those are cute!

For nails, I use OPI Original Nail Envy to strenghen my nails. It works wonders!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
thanks DG :)

offtopic: how have you been? haven''t seen you around in awhile!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
great links ecf, thank you!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 3:40:03 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
thanks DG :)

offtopic: how have you been? haven''t seen you around in awhile!
Well since you threadjacked yourself, I guess it''s appropriate for me to answer your question.
2.gif

I''m doing well. Just been super busy at work so that''s been my excuse for not posting in PS as much. Things will start to let up once October''ish'' comes around. Pretty much still the same ol'' same ol'' for me. FF had a phone interview for a job on Monday. It went well but it isn''t his dream job. We will see possibly later in the week what happens next with that.

I haven''t been enjoying the smoke filled air around here the past couple of days. Guess it''s not so bad today. But yesterday! My eyes were killing me by the time I got home from work.
23.gif

Speaking of work, how''s that new job coming along for you?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
it''s coming along great! unfortunately it''s only a contract position so come january 1 i need something new. i know i won''t get hired full time since the company is being bought out but it''s fun and i like the people i work with a lot :) i''m sick of all that smoke too! i had an eye appointment last night and they asked why my eyes were so red and irritated and i was like um have you looked outside lately? lol

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, I wish you luck in finding something when the time rolls around!

I wear contacts so you can understand when I say yesterday my eyes were KILLING me. I took them out as soon as I got home, washed my face and put my glasses on. I felt like an old lady doing that (no offense to anyone) but I normally don''t put my glasses on until after 8ish and wash my face before going to bed. I just felt better after doing all of that early yesterday.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
double the pleasure, double the fun, double the post and doublemint gum :)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i did the exact same thing haha

darn you california fires!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes! And while the air is more clear now, I think I will put my glasses on once I get home again. Just to rest my eyes a little bit. BTW, it doesn't help to be a graphic designer and stare at the monitor all day either! lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results