shape
carat
color
clarity

I Think I''ve Finally Got A Wedding Date!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I finally have an official wedding date! 7/11/09!
23.gif
So, um...add me to the list, please?

Wait...does this mean I have to start planning everything now?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Hooray for setting a date! That was the biggest relief for me. I like your choice of date--my good friend is getting married that day, too. Seven-eleven is also very easy to remember!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 5:57:45 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Congrats on the date!
36.gif

LOL we can help you start!

But...I don''t want to start!
3.gif
Actually, I think I''ll be okay...I have a wedding venue and a reception venue, and those are the most important things, right?

How long does it take to get a dress in? A while, right? I should probably get started on that soonish...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 6:18:49 PM
Author: kittybean
Hooray for setting a date! That was the biggest relief for me. I like your choice of date--my good friend is getting married that day, too. Seven-eleven is also very easy to remember!

Yeah, it''s a good date, I think! Plus it''s funny! We''ve already started joking about the Big Bites, Slurpees and doughnuts we''re going to serve at the reception!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 6:21:32 PM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 11/2/2008 6:18:49 PM

Yeah, it's a good date, I think! Plus it's funny! We've already started joking about the Big Bites, Slurpees and doughnuts we're going to serve at the reception!

awesome! dont forget the big gulps! :) congrats on setting the date!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woot!!!! Awesome thing2!!!!I''m pumped for you and FI!!!!

I can''t wait to see what you get for a wedding dress!!!!

(Not to even mention shoes!!!!)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks DMB and Freke!

Freke: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO FOR A DRESS!!! I have a feeling I''ll never find one I like! As for shoes, I''ve got a few ideas...and don''t kill me, but they''ll probably be...flats!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wohoo!!!Don''t mind me, but I''m excited that you don''t know what to do about a dress!!! Any ideas on silhouette? For some reason I''m imagining a little funky, something unique and fun!!

Where are you guys thinking you''ll have the wedding anyway?

And woman! I don''t care you''re planning on wearing flats! Shoes are SHOES!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 6:55:04 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Wohoo!!!Don''t mind me, but I''m excited that you don''t know what to do about a dress!!! Any ideas on silhouette? For some reason I''m imagining a little funky, something unique and fun!!

Where are you guys thinking you''ll have the wedding anyway?

And woman! I don''t care you''re planning on wearing flats! Shoes are SHOES!!!!

I definitely plan on my dress being funky/unique/fun! As far as silhouettes, I''m not sure! I love empire waist dresses and they''re more me than the more va-va-voom silhouettes, so if I had to guess I''d bet my gown ends up being empire waist! With that said, I have yet to try on a single wedding dress, so watch me fall in love with a strapless princess-y bridal gown!
3.gif

As far as actual wedding gown designers go, my faves are probably Amsale, Pronovias and Claire Pettibone. Buuuuuut I''m somehow practical when it comes to this wedding dress thing (even though I will drop way too much $ on bags, shoes, etc.) and I don''t want to spend too much $! So that pretty much rules out Amsale and probably Claire Pettibone, too! I think Pronovias is semi-reasonable. I really don''t know what I''m going to do! Thinking about going custom, too, or trying to find a wedding-y designer gown to wear.

I''m planning on doing the wedding at a historic theater, and the reception will be at a museum in a converted warehouse. Both places are gorgeous! I am considering having both the wedding and reception at the museum, though. I can''t decide! I''m pencilled in at both places, so I guess I can always get erased at the wedding place!

I have to go study soon but talking about wedding stuff is so much more fun!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that date - you''ll never forget it, and you''ll hope that your lovely FI doesn''t forget it!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 7:50:19 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I LOVE that date - you''ll never forget it, and you''ll hope that your lovely FI doesn''t forget it!

Yay! Glad I''m not the only one who loves that date! And my fiance definitely won''t forget it-he loves it, too!
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on a date Thing; you and your sweetie are adorable!!! Great news!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Woo hoo!!! Congrats on picking a date! We are date twins!!! I ordered my dress in September and it''s coming around the first of the year...it is a Pronovias too. I know I''ve had friend who''s dresses have come in much sooner, it just depends on the designer and the salon you get it from...GOOD LUCK!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy and Blair! Yay for date twins!

Blair: thanks for the dress info! Sounds like I've got some time, then! Which Pronovias did you get? I'm off to try to find out right now! Anything to avoid studying for my two tests tomorrow!
3.gif

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Thing! Future Mr. Thing is a very lucky man.
1.gif

I''m wearing a Pronovias for my wedding. Good luck dress hunting!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats :) thats really exciting, love the date LOL

I don''t know if this is anything like your style but you said you like empire waists I think this one is really pretty Sophia Tolli

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
T2o2!!

That is fantastic! Great date!! Congratulations!!!
YES!! You have to start planning now ... you know what ... I think that you might have some fun doing it too ...
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Maggie, Dee and Sparks!

Maggie-which dress are you wearing? I do love those Pronovias!

Dee-that dress is gorgeous! I haven''t heard of that designer before...I''ll have to check her dresses out!

Sparks-but I don''t wanna plan! WAH! You''re right, though-I''m sure I''ll like it once I really start doing it. I just have to graduate first!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
If I remember correctly IWPO had a Sophia Tolli dress, I am sure thats how I found out about her I think that dress is just beautiful.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! 7/11/09 is MY wedding date too! you are going to have fun planning. I pretty much have everything done. i went a little crazy in the beginning!
good luck with dresses! YAY!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Thing! If you are anything like me (and I think you are!) regarding planning it isn''t an insane burden as long as you''re not concerned with picking out every single detail and fretting over the decision. You just make a decision and move on.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 7:59:29 AM

Sparks-but I don't wanna plan! WAH! You're right, though-I'm sure I'll like it once I really start doing it. I just have to graduate first!
T2o2 - I think that you are a closet bride
2.gif
Once you graduate and you have some time and energy to focus on it ... you'll get into the planning process and get the job done. I'm SOO excited for you!!
36.gif
You are always so supportive of me and I would love to help you in anyway that I can!

I remember sort of being anxious when I thought the time was drawing nearer for FI to propose because we have been dating for so long and it has been fine and I knew that once he popped the question that we would be thrust into a maelstrom ... I was not relishing the thought. Little did I know that I would eat this stuff up! I love it and, for the most part, making the decisions and trying to get everything sorted and in order has been really enjoyable. We are both trying to embrace it as a once in a lifetime thing and progressing through the process as such.

I can see it now ... you are going to have an amazing wedding. I can't wait until you start to share all of your details. Woo!
36.gif

eta - I love Pronovias dresses as well!!
30.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great news thing!! I''ll add you to the list now! Enjoy the planning!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 11:23:23 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
Date: 11/3/2008 7:59:29 AM

Sparks-but I don''t wanna plan! WAH! You''re right, though-I''m sure I''ll like it once I really start doing it. I just have to graduate first!

T2o2 - I think that you are a closet bride
2.gif
Once you graduate and you have some time and energy to focus on it ... you''ll get into the planning process and get the job done. I''m SOO excited for you!!
36.gif
You are always so supportive of me and I would love to help you in anyway that I can!

I remember sort of being anxious when I thought the time was drawing nearer for FI to propose because we have been dating for so long and it has been fine and I knew that once he popped the question that we would be thrust into a maelstrom ... I was not relishing the thought. Little did I know that I would eat this stuff up! I love it and, for the most part, making the decisions and trying to get everything sorted and in order has been really enjoyable. We are both trying to embrace it as a once in a lifetime thing and progressing through the process as such.

I can see it now ... you are going to have an amazing wedding. I can''t wait until you start to share all of your details. Woo!
36.gif

eta - I love Pronovias dresses as well!!
30.gif

Aw, thanks, Sparks! I''ll be sure to bug you once I get going! I think I''m definitely going to get way into it if my diamond ring obsession is any indicator!
3.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thing 2 we almost picked that date!! I loved it, and actually had an idea to serve slurpies at the reception
9.gif

You do get to start planning now!!! I''m 2 weeks later, and we''re less than 9 months!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results