shape
carat
color
clarity

Yip! Finally pictures of my EC!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I recently got my engagement ring back from the jeweler and I couldn''t be happier with the results. Turns out I''m a solitaire gal at heart. Thanks to everyone who helped me decide and who gave me their honest opinions, I so appreciate all of you on here.
36.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/youre-expert-opinions-please.84245/

On to the specs!

GIA Report, Emerald Cut, platinum setting, size 5.5

Carat Weight - 1.40
Color Grade - F
Clarity Grade - VS1

Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Very Good
Fluorescence - None

DSC01491.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Refined elegance! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
That is just gorgeous!

30.gif
I love it!

Are you going to use the smaller diamonds from the other setting in you WB?

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say that you proved the "less is more" theory right here. Your new setting is much more beautiful in my opinion and it makes your ring look MORE expensive and the really showcases the diamond. Good decision. This is why I am really struggling with how to reset my diamond. I am just not sure what to do. I LOVE halos but I think that if I do one, I won''t do diamonds on the shank. Or I might just do what you did here and reset it as a solitaire, but perhaps in platinum instead of yellow gold which is what it was before. Congratulations on your new setting. It''s beautiful.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
KCCutie: Thanks so much! :) I am going to use the diamonds for the wb, the total weight for my old band is around .4, so it will prob just be a really thin band of diamonds.

At tiffany this weekend I tried on the metro, its ultra thin and I really like that look, so it will be something similar to that. I can''t wait!

DSC01431.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous and elegant. Congratulations on the reset!!!
36.gif

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Isabelle! I need to find pics of your ring!

It wasn''t the easiest choice, but I just love the simplicity of the EC and I loved the diamond my FI picked out. I agree with you, that in this case, less is totally more!

Best of luck with your ring, I am sure whatever you pick it will be stunning.

Thanks so much for the nice comment :)
17.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore your re-set - ECs beg to be in solitaire settings, IMO!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i really really like it, i think that its the perfect ring for your hand!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
oooh, very nice! simple and elegant - perfectly suited to your EC. i just went back and looked up your old pictures, and i think your new setting makes your diamond look a lot bigger! nice bonus
31.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww JB its simply scrumptious!!!
30.gif
Gorgeous, you must be soooo pleased.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow julesbeth, I really liked your "old" ring and thought I wouldn''t like your EC as a solitaire, but your stone looks so much nicer standing on it''s own. Who knew?? LOL! you did a great job! I think your stone is gorgeous and your new mounting is simple and very elegant, befitting of your gorgeous stone.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. EC solitaires are one of my all time favs. Yours is beautiful. Congrats.

JoKa

Rough_Rock
I love the solitare. what is the lenght width ratio of your ec?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE it. Simple perfection!
36.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Hey JB...
I responded to you in our "other EC thread"...but just had to say....WOO HOO!
Incredible...this, imho, was totally a good move....it''s like you shone a spotlight on your amazing stone. I''d be amazed if you''re not in love with this forever! That first pic is AMAZING ...

soooooo happy for you....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great and I am partial to emerald cuts!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much to ALL of you! You are beyond sweet.

The ratio of my fat little emerald is 1.25 (for some reason I like them a little ''plump'')

Again, thank you thank you thank you! I definitely made the right choice (with everyone''s help, of course) and I don''t see me changing it in the future. I''ve already told my FI that this new solitaire setting will really look nice with my maternity rings, and anniversary bands... etc. ;-) haha!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring.....I also have an EC solitaire and have always felt that that specific setting showcased the center stone best....I think you made a FAB choice!!!!

Enjoy and congrats!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. Simple and elegant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results