shape
carat
color
clarity

What are these spots?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
I have a quick question that some of you may be able to answer easily. Check out this picture. See the dark spots on the shank? In this picture you can see the spots on the bottom of the shank the best. These seem to have appeared on both rings since we got it back from the jeweler last time. Where they there before? Not sure but she sure is noticing it now.

vrars4.jpg

Thanks!
Ukieza

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Pretty rings! Have you posted other views of them? I''d love to see the top, and hand shots.

Sorry, I have no idea what the spots are. Maybe you should go back to the jeweler and ask them to clean them? Are they gold or platinum?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I assume you have thoroughly cleaned them to see if you can remove the spots?

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
This picture was taken right after I took the rings home from the jeweler. My fiance didn''t even get to see them before this picture was taken.

Should I try to clean them by hand? What should I use?

-Ukieza

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Just use warm water and some dawn dish soap. Scrub softly with a soft toothbrush.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d use a little windex, dishwashing liquid and warm water. Rinse and repeat if necessary. Those spots should come off.
2.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
A soft polishing cloth would definitely solve that.

lillei

Rough_Rock
This same thing happened to me before, when I had taken my ring to the jewelers. I thought I was going nuts. it actually turned out to be "water spots" from when they re-rhodium plated my ring. I didn''t ask for rhodium plating...they just did it. I betcha this is what happened to you, especially if you just came from the jeweler and noticed it.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Unless it''s just the picture, it looks like the spots were there in the first pictures also. I would take it back to the jeweler and ask.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Well, whatever it is, it''s nothing a bit of repolishing and/or replating can''t fix. I have no experience with plating so I don''t know if it''s a product of that. Does kinda look like water spots. If the ring wasn''t plated I''d say it could be a result of not having been finished/polished enough after sizing or other exposure to a torch.
Either way it''s quickly fixed by taking it into the jeweler.
5.gif

singer

Brilliant_Rock
The same thing happened to my ring when I got it re-rhodium plated (my ring is 14k wg as well), but the service was so crappy where I went and they were so rude that I didn''t even bother to ask them to fix it. That was over six months ago, and my ring is still like that. I have washed, scrubbed, buffed, etc., and it still won''t come off. It really makes me mad!
11.gif
I am getting platinum next time!

singer

Brilliant_Rock
I just looked at your original thread and noticed that all of those pictures show water spots on the rings as well...so they must have always been there. Maybe they are just more noticeable now due to the re-rhodium plating. I am sure if you have them buffed and repolished they will go away. Best of luck!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed that too on the original thread. The spots seem to have been there prior to the replating. I''d have your jeweler check it out.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone, yeah, I guess I''ll just take it in to have the jeweler look at it and maybe get it repolished. When I first got the e-ring back it didn''t have this. Granted I had a blue background when taking pictures but my fiance really noticed it was different after we had the wedding band made. *shrugs* I''ll take it into the jeweler and have him look at it.. .maybe he can repolish it right there.

Thanks everyone!
Ukieza

Here is a link to pictures of the e-ring when we first got that.

Custom e-ring finished, she said ''YES''! **PICTURES**

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will you let us know what happens when you take it to the jeweler?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results