shape
carat
color
clarity

WB woes - diamond or plain?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! It may be a bit early, but I tried on this WB that I just fell in love with. It''s a shared prong band , but there is metal on the sides so the diamonds wouldn''t just be rubbing against my e-ring. I don''t like my ring with all diamond bands (they are too white against all the metal of my e-ring), but this one seems great because of the additional metal. But, I''ve also been considering a plain platinum band. So, I went to the jeweler today and took some pics...what do you guys think?

First, the shared prong band:

WBs 002smallinternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
A farther away view of the shared prong band with my e-ring:

WBs 006smallinternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s a 3mm plain band (though I would probably get a 2.5mm, but they didn''t have one in the store):

WBs 007smallinternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I love both looks, and honestly someday I will probably get both so I can switch it up, but I know that only one can be my original WB...so which one? I love the architectural lines of the shared prong, which really flatter the architectural lines of my e-ring, but then again a plain band is so classic. And on the other hand, I wouldn''t mind some extra sparkle...oh, which to pick????

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
plain, plain, plain! i LOVE it! it goes so perfectly with your e-ring. the lines of the band are so yummy!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I won''t be much help at all because I really like them both!!! I like the diamond band because your e-ring has a lot of metal (and it provides a nice contrast), and I like the plain band because it seems to flow with your e-ring very well!! BTW, what kind of shared prong band is that (is it a designer)?? I love it!!
30.gif

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
I love the diamond band
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It looks Fabulous with your e-ring
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Facetfire, were did you purchase your e-ring. Do you know if it can accommodate a 2 carat RB?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 4:23:05 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~I won''t be much help at all because I really like them both!!! I like the diamond band because your e-ring has a lot of metal (and it provides a nice contrast), and I like the plain band because it seems to flow with your e-ring very well!! BTW, what kind of shared prong band is that (is it a designer)?? I love it!!
30.gif
I *think* it''s this one from Gottlieb and Sons. The only reason I''m not sure is because the jewler told me that it didn''t come with a fully round shank (the one I tried on had a euro shank).

gottlieb27198.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 4:31:12 PM
Author: Lucyh
I love the diamond band
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It looks Fabulous with your e-ring
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Facetfire, were did you purchase your e-ring. Do you know if it can accommodate a 2 carat RB?
FI purchased the ring from Pearlman''s. And actually, the ring is made for a 2 carat RB...they had to make mine especially to fit a slightly larger stone.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like this ring might be a cool compromise, but I can''t find it to see in person...

95657.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I vote for diamonds!! I think it just complements your ring sooo perfectly, and brings out your cool pave on the sides instead of kind of pretending they aren''t there which is the vibe I get from the plain band. I think the plain band looks clean and classic, but it makes me feel like the engagement ring looks less interesting. Am I making any sense? With the plain band the overall effect is more solitaire-plus-band as opposed to bringing out the gorgeous detailing on your e-ring. But regardless, that''s still a beautiful look, and your pave is still THERE so you can''t really go wrong!
1.gif

Dreamcatcher

Rough_Rock
they both look really good

my first instinct was the diamond one... but then when i looked again and another time, i''d say go for the plain.

Tough choice!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I love the diamond band with your ering. There''s just so much metal on your ering setting that the diamond band gives the set a more delicate look (kind of soften up the metal - if that makes sense). The plain band is ok. It''s classic but adds more bulk (almost too much metal for my taste).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for the diamond band. I think it looks terrific with your ering.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 4:39:27 PM
Author: albicocca
I vote for diamonds!! I think it just complements your ring sooo perfectly, and brings out your cool pave on the sides instead of kind of pretending they aren''t there which is the vibe I get from the plain band. I think the plain band looks clean and classic, but it makes me feel like the engagement ring looks less interesting. Am I making any sense? With the plain band the overall effect is more solitaire-plus-band as opposed to bringing out the gorgeous detailing on your e-ring. But regardless, that''s still a beautiful look, and your pave is still THERE so you can''t really go wrong!
1.gif
I completely agree with albicocca. I think the diamond band really brings out the pave on your e-ring. But I also think that the plain band looks really, really good! Tough decision.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer the plain band. I know its sacrilege, but I think it looks much better with your ering. Now, I''m not excluding a diamond band say...for a RHR, but I like the plain wedding band with your ering!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 4:20:16 PM
Author: FacetFire
I love both looks, and honestly someday I will probably get both so I can switch it up, but I know that only one can be my original WB...so which one? I love the architectural lines of the shared prong, which really flatter the architectural lines of my e-ring, but then again a plain band is so classic. And on the other hand, I wouldn''t mind some extra sparkle...oh, which to pick????
well of course I say one of each and as for which one should be your original wedding band? do you really need to ask me? hahaha the solid one of course!!!! (maybe the anniversary band can be just that - for a 1st anniversary! I wish you''d gotten a shot with all 3!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 4:20:31 PM
Author: jcrow
plain, plain, plain! i LOVE it! it goes so perfectly with your e-ring. the lines of the band are so yummy!
I agree, and you''ve got one of the *few* diamond rings on the planet that really doesn''t need any more adornment!! It''s so gorgeous!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay this is interesting. Yea for you ... ''cause for what feels like the first time in weeks .. I like BOTH choices!!! I even like your backups! But the main difference I see is

THE DIAMOND BAND calls attention to the pave or beadset stones in your e-ring. It "matches" them or at least "relates" to them and brings them forward in our conciousness.

THE PLAIN BAND does not emphasise the pave ... so, at first glance, your stone looks HUMONGOUS ... as large as the whole sparkly area. You''re looking at METAL & DIAMOND (one big diamond). On closer inspection, I''m sure you''d see the pave ... but first impression ... METAL + HONKER.

Sooooo... both flatter your e-ring & your hand ... they just leave slightly different impressions.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OK, this is the deal; you give me your breathtaking ER and I''ll give you an opinion on a wedding band to wear....
9.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for plain, except a thinner one like you mentioned.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
I love the plain band- smidge thinner- but what about if you got a diamond band with the same size stones as what''s on the sides? Then it wouldn''t take away from the grandness of that beautiful stone but still be blingy...
1.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Facet, all this does is make me lust after your stone and ring MORE!!!
18.gif
18.gif

But as you asked I vote the plain thinner band hands down. I think it adds to the flow and statement of your gorgeous center, doesn''t muddy the waters so to speak.

a

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Plain, it really makes the stone in your ER looks BIGGER.

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
I like the plain band. I kind of think the center stone in your E-ring hides the diamonds in the diamond band. I would want attention to stay on your beautiful E-ring!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the plain band better. The first pic was all I saw on my screen when I opened this thread and I thought, oh, I really like that. Then I scrolled down and got to the plain one. No contest!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results