shape
carat
color
clarity

To Peek of NOT to Peek???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
OK, I'm going nuts!!!

I think my hubby is trying to pull a Diamond Sneak Attack on me!

It was our anniversary last month and he said something is on its way, he slipped up this weekend and said that the invoice for my gift was on his email. HOW CAN I NOT LOOK!!!

Would you peek or not???

I'm terrible with surprises!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t peek, but then, I adore surprises. Life has so few nice ones in it....

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
I am a peeper, but in this instance my DH would expect me to try and peep
11.gif
, so it would be his challenge to hide it. however, if it was an e-ring I would probaby not peep.

enjoy
lots of photos of course
35.gif

d2b

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
No peeping, no peeping! Like Ellen, I adore surprises! As nail-biting as this time is, don''t you kind of love it?? You''ll know soon enough!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I am SUCH a peeper!!!! BUT...try really, really hard not to. It will make the surprise so much sweeter! How exciting!!!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
If I bought my husband something really special I''d want the privilege of seeing his face the first time he saw the gift. Aren''t you taking that away by peeking?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
No peeking!! If I bought my husband a gift and I found out he peeked I would be really annoyed.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Maisie. Don''t peek. He wants to surprise you in part so he can see your reaction and it''s unfair to him to fake it.

If it''s REALLY bugging you, get him to tell you on his own. I really hate waiting/surprises (if I know there is a surprise - a real surprise is wonderful, but anticipating a surprise...ick), so DH has learned that sometimes he has to tell me (and get the excited response then) and then give the gift later...especially if it''s jewelery. He had to do this for both Xmas and our anniversary this year!

SYC

Shiny_Rock
Don''t peek!!!!! Muster all the willpower you can!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
You all crack me up!!!

It is killing me to wait and I know that DH loves that!

He said maybe sometime this week, but I''m guessing that he''ll draw it out as long as possible-to torture me :) He is usually terrible with surprises, but this time he''s held out really well with a few awful hints!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
He''s dangling it over her head though! A true surprise is one you don''t know is coming. He''s having so much fun torturing her---- it better be good! But I would probably wait, even though it would be really really really really hard. I''d just feel too guilty looking, even if he was making me wait longer on purpose.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 2:46:50 PM
Author: stepcutnut
You all crack me up!!!

It is killing me to wait and I know that DH loves that!

He said maybe sometime this week, but I''m guessing that he''ll draw it out as long as possible-to torture me :) He is usually terrible with surprises, but this time he''s held out really well with a few awful hints!
Oh, well there ya go. He should be "rewarded" for that!
2.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Don''t peek, enjoy your surprise. Please post pictures!!!
35.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I'm trying SO hard to be good!!!

He normally can't keep a secret for anything, so I am really surprised he hasn't spilled the beans yet!

I'm not expecting it to be anything huge, as we are in the process of moving, but I am excited to see if it is sparkly---he said it is something he has wanted to get me for awhile :)

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
It being THAT available would keep me up at night! I''d peek! I''m HORRIBLE with keeping surprises, and waiting if I know I''m in store for one!

I got DH a set of tires for his birthday, and they are being delivered tomorrow... his bday is wednesday... and I am STILL amazed I haven''t told him! LOL!

He got a new set of 22" rims a few months ago, from a friend who owed him money... and they''ve been sitting in our garage... black chrome. I''m sure he''s going to be REALLY surprised! haha!!! I even went as far as to pay for it from my business paypal account... to which he has NO IDEA what the password is... HAHAHA!! Can''t wait!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh heck yeah I''d peek!! I''d want to know if it were something that would truly send my over the moon? or if I''d have to feign delight. If it were something that would get me crazy excited anyway? Knowing wouldn''t ruin the surprise for me. The shear shock would be enough for me to get really excited when I opened it.

I haven''t gotten many good gifts that I haven''t picked out myself in advance
39.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, what a tough spot to be in! I love surprises, and if my DH was trying so hard to surprise me then I would really want to let him...but man, it would be so hard to wait it out!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
i would totally peek! go! now!!! go PEEK! why are you wasting time here, you should be peeking?!?!
31.gif
25.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to be a ''peeker'' but no more. There are few good surprises in life - the anticipation of the thing is sometimes so much more fun than the actual receiving!

Be a good girl and let your husband surprise you just the way he planned. . .it is such a thoughtful gesture!!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i am not telling you that you should peek, nor do i condone that sort of thing...but i would have already done it and be telling everyone what i found!
31.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Still trying to be good!!!

The new twist!

Hubby told me yesterday that he didn''t want the package sent to his office, so he is having it sent home and I have to sign for it...he said not to peek at the return address or it would ruin the surprise!!! How am I NOT suppose to look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is really trying to torture me, he probably is having something sent from elsewhere just to get me! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh my - that''s not exactly fair, LOL. I''d say try your hardest not to peek though - suspense is part of the fun!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 8:43:10 AM
Author: geckodani
Oh my - that''s not exactly fair, LOL. I''d say try your hardest not to peek though - suspense is part of the fun!
9.gif
lol No it''s not! He is really testing you. But I agree, try hard!
9.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t peek! I bet your hubby is loving the fact that this is driving you so crazy. heheh Hopefully he''ll give it to you soon, now that WE are all anxious to see as well!
2.gif
3.gif

Oh, and happy late Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results