shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Replica shared-prong wedding ring

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Backstory: My fiance and I tried on rings at T&C with our engagement rings to get an idea of what we would like. We settled upon a 9-diamond, .27ctw platinum shared-prong band, but didn't like the $3400+ tax price tag.

A jeweler that was recommended by a friend of ours (located in the downtown LA diamond district) completed our replica rings and we picked them up today. They're pretty darn close to the T&C rings.

Specs:
.29 carats total (3 pointers, but I guess they were 3.something pointers to get to .29ctw)
F/G color
VS2/SI1 clarity (I can't see a thing under a 9x loupe)
sparkly as heck, so I'm pleased with the cut
platinum
size 4.5
price: $900 (price at T&C: $3400 plus tax)
(my e-ring is 1.7 carats, G/SI1)

So, instead of $7400 for our two rings, we paid $1800. To say we are pleased is an understatement!

Pics of my ring:

solo2.jpg

solo.jpg

top_down.jpg

top_down_2.jpg

profile2_1.jpg

side_profile_1.jpg

profile_5.jpg

For reference, here are the pics of the T&C band with my engagement ring:

profile_4.jpg

close.jpg

side by side (T&C is on the left): Magnified I can see the subtle differences and how the T&C ring is a little lower in profile, but honestly, I'm happy.

sidebyside_0.jpg

Maybe one of these days I will have a nice, FRESH manicure before I post photos of rings!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful band!!! And a much better price tag indeed. The band looks great paired with your e-ring, but also as a standalone band.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks really nice with your e-ring.

In several pictures, it is difficult to tell, but does the shared prong band rub against the prongs of head of your e-ring.
Mine did, so I wear it with a spacer now.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I haven't decided whether to "wing it" (since my e-ring setting isn't exactly a masterpiece) or whether to get a spacer. I really don't think my fiance or I want yet a third ring to wear every day.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! A very classic and elegant set, love it!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
It's perfect- I saw your thread on RT and thought you made wonderful choices, truly. Classic and sparkly beautiful. Congrats and wear in good health!

Nm06003

Rough_Rock
Wow I'm in love! Where in dtla did you go! I live in LA as well and was looking to get a similar wedding band.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully the original poster will reply - It's been 6 months. I see you're new. Welcome & goodluck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results