shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shellibelle

Rough_Rock
I just saw (and tried on!) the new Tiffany Novo cushion cut ring. I didn''t think I liked it by looking at the ads or the website but seeing it in person I totally fell in love with it. But it was way too expensive for a .78 carat diamond ering. Do anyone of you know of a similar setting or someone who would do a phenomenal job at recreating it?

novo-sc.jpg

winnie

Rough_Rock
engagementringsdirect.com- mark turnowski- it''s really a square cut round- not a cushion- they are branding it as a cushion though
give him a call- it will be like 1/2 the price and just as nice!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of the PS vendors will custom make a similar setting for you.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring is very similar. It''s a Ritani setting with a modern cushion in the center. I got it from Enagagement Rings Direct, and even the saleswoman at Tiff''s thought it was a Novo. It''s a .81, so very similar to the size you''re looking for, and even with the designer setting it was still about 1/2 the price of a similar size Novo.

HOWEVER, my stone does not look the same as a Novo. Although Tiff''s calls it a "cushion" the Novo is MUCH MUCH more like the Square Hearts and Arrows diamonds sold by Good Old Gold. So if you want something as close as possible, that is the stone to get.

This is mine. I''m sure you can see how different the stones look up close:

calliecush35245.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Old Gold sells the square hearts and arrows stones similar to the Novo. I''d call Jonathan and ask him if he has what you want, or to locate it if he doesn''t have it in stock.

shellibelle

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for your help. Now I have no idea what I want! I really want to see a cushion in person to know if that''s what I want. I have time though I guess I''m not getting engaged anytime really soon, my boyfriend and I have been together 7 1/2 years, but he just went back to school and couldn''t buy a ring now anyway. I just want to do research though so when the time is near he''ll know exactly what I want!
2.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 8:51:40 PM
Author: shellibelle
Thank you so much everyone for your help. Now I have no idea what I want! I really want to see a cushion in person to know if that''s what I want. I have time though I guess I''m not getting engaged anytime really soon, my boyfriend and I have been together 7 1/2 years, but he just went back to school and couldn''t buy a ring now anyway. I just want to do research though so when the time is near he''ll know exactly what I want!
2.gif

Cushions are unfortunately hard to find in person, especially good ones!!! If you''re ever in Wisconsin I would be happy to show you mine though!
2.gif

shellibelle

Rough_Rock
Everyone is so helpful here! I''ve been searching and reading on this site for a couple months now, but just signed up and started to post last night. I had no idea I would get responses so quickly. Anyway, thanks for the tip of the square h&a. I''m confused though, Good Old Gold says that GIA is calling it "cushion brilliant" does that mean that all "cushion brilliants" are square h&a''s. If so it''s what I thought I wanted all along a cushion brilliant, maybe I''m just confusing it with a standard cushion? I also really liked the jubilee on Good Old Gold, that may be a contender too!
21.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great place to do research you''ve chosen, shelliebelle. (Love the screenname, btw, so cute!) Stick around and learn all you can, and definitely do some shopping, try on different cuts and sizes and see what you like on your hand. Best wishes on your upcoming engagement, however far in the future it may be!
35.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 10:47:15 PM
Everyone is so helpful here! I''ve been searching and reading on this site for a couple months now, but just signed up and started to post last night. I had no idea I would get responses so quickly. Anyway, thanks for the tip of the square h&a. I''m confused though, Good Old Gold says that GIA is calling it ''cushion brilliant'' does that mean that all ''cushion brilliants'' are square h&a''s. If so it''s what I thought I wanted all along a cushion brilliant, maybe I''m just confusing it with a standard cushion? I also really liked the jubilee on Good Old Gold, that may be a contender too!
21.gif

A traditional cushion brilliant is what my stone is and is most definitly NOT a square H&A. You want a Square H&A. BUT GIA doesn''t always designate the difference between different cushion cuts as well as they should. That''s why the cert says Cushion Brilliant, because they don''t recognize Square H&A as a separate cut yet. But you only want to look for Square H&A if you want the Novo look. And Good Old Gold is one of the only vendors to have them, so make sure you ONLY search for Square H&A because probably 99% of cushion brilliants look like mine or a variation on mine and are not H&A.

shellibelle

Rough_Rock
I''ve noticed that the GIA certs for various "cushion brilliants" show different facet structures. If I were to make sure that the GIA cert showed a facet structure like the one below from Good Old Gold''s facet structure of a square h&a, would that then be in fact a square h&a?

sqare-h-a-facets.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 11:41:21 PM
I''ve noticed that the GIA certs for various ''cushion brilliants'' show different facet structures. If I were to make sure that the GIA cert showed a facet structure like the one below from Good Old Gold''s facet structure of a square h&a, would that then be in fact a square h&a?

I don''t think so...the facets on mine look a LOT like that, almost exactly except my stone is rectangular. A great example of one with that facet structure that is NOT a H&A is Moremoremore''s cushion I believe...

I think you really need to find a Square H&A only.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a square example. I'm really not sure though, it would be a good question to ask GOG, because the facets on the TOP are possibly a bit different than mine, but I'm not sure that is where the H&A would be affected?

Click here for Moremoremore's

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results