shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Legacy-need help

paris29

Shiny_Rock
So I have finally decided to go with the Tiffany Legacy e-ring. After hearing the prices I need to make a decision. Would you ladies choose a F color with a smaller carat size, 1.05-1.16 or a G-H color with a larger carat size 1.14-1.68?

My second question is my ring size is 5.5 and I''m about 5''7. do you think these carat size will look big enough or will they seem to small.

If anyone has any pics of their Tiffany Legacy can you please post them along with color, carat and clarity information. Or if anyone has a cushion or emerald cut within the carat size can you post a pic and specs as well.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If you have a 5.5 finger, even a one carat isn''t going to seem "small" unless your circle of friends have huge rings, especially in a Legacy setting where the stone isn''t standing alone. That said, the color diff between the F and the G/H isn''t going to be noticeable to the vast majority of people. I''d definitely go for the larger stone.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I have an E and I do wish my husband had gone a little lower in color for a bigger stone. I think a G-H would be my sweet spot, so obviously I''d vote for the larger stone, lower color!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely go with the G-H color for a larger size. I truly don''t think you''ll notice the difference in color but additional size is always nice!

The Legacy is a beautiful ring - congrats!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Check how color sensitive you are. I am very color sensitive and to me H starts to look yellow to a point where I don''t like it. Okay I love yellow diamonds, but there is a range where the diamond is not colorless enough or yellow enough fror me to like it. H can be too much for me and I have a ring that has an H and it is too yelllow for my every day liking. G is my cut off and then around L I am happy again.

I can''t say for size for you since my finger size is about a 4 (though I go up when I am wearing wider bands like my anniversary ring) but for me a 1 carat is about as big as I go. With a halo it looks substantial. I was in Tiffany looking at the DBTY and for fun since no one was there we started looking at the Legacy. I put on a 1.2 stone in the Legacy and it was way too large for my hand with my band. But I am only 5'' tall and I have finger length to match. Ring size has little to do with it compared to finger length IMO. It also will depend on where you live and what is the norm there. Locally a 1 carat is not the norm and considered large among the average population. I am sure other places my just under a carat stone would look small.

However what you feel comfortable with, like color, is personal. I personally wouldn''t go lower in color, but I have little tolerance for color in "white" stones.

simmplyb

Rough_Rock
Hi
I have a legacy replica, semi-custom made to have the square halo fit a round brilliant stone. My finger size is 5.5. The center stone is color I, SI1, triple ex, 2.37 ctw. I am so happy with my stone. It is white and so sparkely, has contrast and patterning. Cut is more important in getting the stone to perform in light. Not sure how this all applies to a fancy shape as I only researched RB.

I definately think you should drop in color and go up in size. A stone with a lower color will work excellent in a bezel setting that the side view of the diamond is obscured by the detail of the setting. From what I've learned here at PS, a near colorless diamond is very white unless compared to a colorless diamond side be side or if you are viewing the unset stone on a white paper and looking at it through the side of the stone. Otherwise, you just won't be able to tell. The highest color grade diamonds are the rarest, hence the price will go up.

Good luck!

ringquadps3web.jpg

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I would personally go with a lower color, larger carat. But, it you are color sensitive, an F that is still over a carat would be gorgeous.

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies I have it narrowed down to a 1.68 H VVS2 or a 1.85 E VS1

angeline

Ideal_Rock
1.85 E VS1 and post pics stat!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I''d definitely go for the E VS1. I''d go for higher color and lower clarity like that any day!!! I need my stones eye clean, not perfect ;-)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I''m another vote for 1.85 E VS1
36.gif

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies. I will post pics as soon as I get it. I''m so excited counting down the days
26.gif

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer a small diamond with high color and high clarity. It''s my personal choice.
35.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results