shape
carat
color
clarity

The slowest* PS’er gets her custom (Quest) reset done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
On right hand:

(ugh!
6.gif
just noticed there are dark spots on this pic that look like black inclusions! I assure you there are no black inclusions IRL!!!)

dscn7762 rt hand.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, very pretty reset. You''ll enjoy that beauty.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I do wish I could take flattering pictures like so many of you do! Will try to take more later, and hopefully that do it more justice. Anyway, that''s probably all for now....

dscn7758 small.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 9:48:00 PM
Author: marcyc
Ooh, very pretty reset. You''ll enjoy that beauty.
Thanks, marcy!! I am enjoying it a lot!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OFG, it turned out really pretty, and I love the profile view!! I''m so glad you are finally done. Bet you are too!
9.gif

Wear it in good health.
2.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new ring! Very, very pretty!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, OFG!!! It is beautiful!!!
36.gif
I guess it wasn''t me that was the slowest, but I was in the running! Lol!

So are you going to wear a band with this one?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m so happy for you OFG. you waited a long time for sure and the ring looks great. I too LOVE the side view. Quest did a nice job. we need more pics when you can
1.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty and such a dramatic change! Enjoy your new setting!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I had just read the thread in RT and realized I had missed your reply wayyy back then... sorry about that.

It looks gorgeous! It looks like everything came together so well (you had mentioned a concern about all the design elements that you wanted coming together well... that was one of my concerns as well). I think it looks great on you... great stand-alone ring! I'm so happy for you that it's done. It looks beautiful on you!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
OFG, that came out beautifully! Congratulations - what a wonderful reset.

Now, if only I could get a glimpse of the aqua eye candy I KNOW is in process......
31.gif
31.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats your ring is beautiful :) I especially love the profile view :)

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful re-set. Quest did a great job! I also really like the profile. Enjoy~!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OFG, what a fantastic reset!! I love the new setting and it looks perfect on your hand!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen, Fly Girl, diamondseeker2006, kellyfish, SanDiegoLady, dreamer_dachsie, mrssalvo, cpster, coatimundi, ajl, sera, hairgirl95, Allison D., Deelight, cutey TT, reader, Catmom, thanks so much for your compliments! I do appreciate it! It is definitely a dramatic change from the YG solitaire which I never really liked. It''s so fun to see all the sparkle with the side stones when it''s in the sun. And thanks for the compliments on the profile view. Since I went with a relatively classic top-down view, I wanted to have at least something unique about the profile, plus I just like seeing the sides of the diamonds. It is also very comfortable!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 10:00:57 PM
Author: Ellen
OFG, it turned out really pretty, and I love the profile view!! I''m so glad you are finally done. Bet you are too!
9.gif

Wear it in good health.
2.gif
Thanks, Ellen! I also appreciated your help during the process! And, like Allison D. said, I''m looking forward to seeing the aqua reset! And you are right, I am so glad it''s finally done. Although Pete was very good about saying that if there are any little details that I''m not satisfied with, he can make tweak things, and there are a few I might ask him about, but nothing major.

cwj

Shiny_Rock
The way it turned out, It was worth the wait!!!! So so very pretty! I hope u enjoy it.
cwj

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 10:16:15 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Yay, OFG!!! It is beautiful!!!
36.gif
I guess it wasn''t me that was the slowest, but I was in the running! Lol!

So are you going to wear a band with this one?
DS, thanks! You were another who helped me over time in my threads, and I always appreciated that. And although you are not as slow as you think you are!
2.gif
, I know that you could sympathize with indecisive & slow movers like me these past few years.

I am not planning to wear a band with it. So far, I almost always wear it on the right hand. At times I will probably want to wear it on the left, so I can wear some of my RHRs, but even on the left, I think it''ll be fine solo. That was one reason I went with this look, since it''s really my ''anniversary ring'' even though it has a larger center stone than what is usually considered an AR. It looks more "married" than a lot of other styles might have on their own. And I went with larger side stones than I would have if I wanted to wear it with a WB. If I ever decided to wear it mostly on the left, and if it seemed to need a ''mate'', I''d probably just get a very very thin, dainty band. I did have Pete make it so that it could have a ring sit flush next to it, just in case!
2.gif
I like to keep my options open!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous reset! Your ring is beautiful! THe guys at Quest always do such a great job.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh, that is one beautiful profile! I can''t wait to see more pictures! Nicely done!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 10:35:14 PM
Author: mrssalvo
i''m so happy for you OFG. you waited a long time for sure and the ring looks great. I too LOVE the side view. Quest did a nice job. we need more pics when you can
1.gif
Thanks, mrssalvo! I am happy for you too, and can''t wait to see your new beauty. Quest did do a nice job, since I was so picky about so many things. And of course with custom, there are always tradeoffs & limitations. And when you try to combine elements of various rings, it''s hard to know what it will look like in the end! Pete also said he could tweak details I''m not happy with. (He gave me the ring just before leaving for a week, and last week was busy for me as well.) There are a few tiny details I might ask him about, but I might bring them up in my old RT thread. Also, he did such a good job on the Fingermate shank, which is what I really started to panic about at the end there - long story - but he really went to bat for me with Fingermate, and it turned out really well! Also, the FM shank added some limitations to the design of the ring, which is ok because I''m really glad I went with it.

Will try to get more & better pics soon! (Gotta figure out how so many get their diamonds to dazzle in photos! Mine will sparkle like mad as I''m taking the photo, but then in the photo it usually looks dead!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results