shape
carat
color
clarity

The purchase has finally been executed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gfurgala

Rough_Rock
Like most people here, I spent months doing daily research in an effort to make the most informed decision within my capabilities. I have to say thanks to everyone here because it was the technical Q&A and shared experiences in these forums that finally gave me the answers I needed. My initial goal was to purchase the highest quality Princess within my budget. The best source seemed to be the internet for purchase until I actually started to shop and work with various vendors. Only then did I realize how ignorant I was and they were about their own products. Without beeing able to view the stones, I finally opted to side with assurance and purchase an absolutely gorgeous 1ct AGS 0 certified Princess diamond from GOG. It is actually the diamond they showcase in their video of their best diamonds. I matched it with a Platinum D.Vatche designer ring, double-u prong (v-136) with princess diamonds in the band. I don''t have the ring yet but I attached a pic from D.Vatche''s display. I am told by GOG it will be an absolutely gorgeous ring. It was a little above my budget, but WELL WORTH the money spent, considering what I would have paid for the same ring at a B&M store (man do they promote piles of garbage for alot more money $$$). Anyway, just wanted to pass along my success story and thanks to all for their contributions. Hope SHE is excited about it as I am, lol.

1765_xlarge.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She will be floored! Kudos to doing your research and finding that perfect ring. You are soooo right about B&M asking 3x as much for a pile of garbage... (well, most of them anyways!)...

YOu must post pics once the proposal is completed.... (or if you can sneak a few beforehand we certainly wouldn''t mind that!)
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, she''ll be excited alright!
2.gif
You did really well, it''s going to be stunning. Please come back with pics, we definitely need to see the real deal!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty ring! You''re getting a high-end piece because of putting the effort into research. I feel so happy when I hear stories like this.

On the other hand, I feel bad for people that aren''t aware of what is available outside of the mall. My mom and sister buy their jewelry from Kays. I did try and teach them once but they just aren''t interested and thought I was being snobby about jewelry. (It is kind of hard not to hurt someone''s feelings about their jewelry that they already have and love). Anyway, they can''t understand why I spend so much money on a piece when they they can get the same thing for cheap! For example, my sister got a 3-stone ring with a retail price of $1,000 for an amazing Valentines day tag of $450. The black inclusions are easily visible at arms length, and the stones barely sparkle. They are set high to let light in from underneath because the cut is not good enough to reflect light back from the top. My only consolation is that oblivious "maul" store shoppers do love their jewelry and believe they got a good deal pricewise.

lazybum9

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 11:32:45 AM
Author:gfurgala
Like most people here, I spent months doing daily research in an effort to make the most informed decision within my capabilities. I have to say thanks to everyone here because it was the technical Q&A and shared experiences in these forums that finally gave me the answers I needed. My initial goal was to purchase the highest quality Princess within my budget. The best source seemed to be the internet for purchase until I actually started to shop and work with various vendors. Only then did I realize how ignorant I was and they were about their own products. Without beeing able to view the stones, I finally opted to side with assurance and purchase an absolutely gorgeous 1ct AGS 0 certified Princess diamond from GOG. It is actually the diamond they showcase in their video of their best diamonds. I matched it with a Platinum D.Vatche designer ring, double-u prong (v-136) with princess diamonds in the band. I don''t have the ring yet but I attached a pic from D.Vatche''s display. I am told by GOG it will be an absolutely gorgeous ring. It was a little above my budget, but WELL WORTH the money spent, considering what I would have paid for the same ring at a B&M store (man do they promote piles of garbage for alot more money $$$). Anyway, just wanted to pass along my success story and thanks to all for their contributions. Hope SHE is excited about it as I am, lol.
I''m sure she will be..i share the same sentiments as you do...everyday looking forward to receiving my FedEx package after placing teh order...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results