shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch split shank...thoughts?

MNMade

Rough_Rock
I am new here (lurker for years though). I want to say with the help of this forum I recently purchased a beautiful 2.5 round from GOG (wonderful people to work with). I plan on having Steven Kirsch make this ring but would like some opinions before I begin the process.
I love the split shank, no halo and the pave is beautiful. I am thinking to have the split connect to one band (vs the two side by side) but I have a 6 1/2 ring size so I am wondering if the single band would be too thin. thoughts? I will also have him make me a pave wedding band and I am okay with it not sitting flush.
Also, what are your thoughts on the diamonds around the stone? I think I like the look of the 'swoop' but I don't want it to look 'too much' (if that makes sense). Originally I was going with just a band around the stone but now I'm torn. Should I have the diamonds stop at the 'swoop' and not have diamonds going around the stone and up the prongs? I'm not a super blingy gal and I know this ring is blingy so I'm questioning if I should tone it down.
Last question...do you think this sits too high?

I will be emailing Steven for more hand shots but with the storm I'm sure he's a bit busy right now.

Here is the video of the ring to get a better idea. I will be talking with Steven in depth but I just thought I'd get some feedback from you folks. Thank you so much for your input. I can't wait to get started!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7YiofNvjTo

untitled__1491_of_1_.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
This ring is to die for! I don't think you could regret it at all! Wow! I'm jealous! :wink2:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring and design. I actually really like it and would have taken some elements for my own ring!

I would have the split go into one shank for a more timeless look. I like a ring looking like a solitaire from the top but have something a bit different from the sides.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the split shank. The ring in the photo is stunning!!!!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Love the ring. Love the split shank. I'm not sure about durability, if you make the sides and the back thinner by having one band instead of two. It would be very pretty if it can be done. A very delicate look. I hope that can do that for you :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it's gorgeous! Timeless and elegant! Please post pics when it's done!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1351556587|3295245 said:
Lovely ring and design. I actually really like it and would have taken some elements for my own ring!

I would have the split go into one shank for a more timeless look. I like a ring looking like a solitaire from the top but have something a bit different from the sides.

I agree with this 100% but would also like to add that I like a deep split shank where it meets lower, around 4 or 5 o'clock for example. it is not for everyone but that is my personal preference.

MNMade

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies everyone!
Charmypoo- your ring is beautiful and that is where I got the idea to blend the two bands! Unfortunately I don't have dainty fingers like you so I am concerned with the width of one band. Steven made your wedding ring...looks amazing! I think I need to make mine 2mm in width.
Sarahbear621- interesting you mentioned the longer split. Originally that was my plan but when I tried some on I preferred the smaller split.
Stargurl78- - yes, that is the look I am going for (if the ring can handle it- Steven will have a better idea). :)

Any thoughts on the height of the ring? I have my stone in a temp 4 prong setting and it is 9mm. That is too high for me. What is 'average' height?

Also, am I crazy to send my stone off to Steven and say, "Make it" ?? I feel very confident with his work and I know I won't change my mind on this setting, but it is pretty scary to not actually meet before making the ring. I will be making a call to him after things settle down in NY.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is stunning!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I personally think its beauuuuuutiful!!! Can I come visit after you get it? :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results