shape
carat
color
clarity

Split shank or split crown?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kareberry

Rough_Rock
Is this considered a split shank or split crown type setting? Most importantly, has anyone come across a similar setting to this one? I saw it at my local jewelers and it looks exactly like the side profile of this setting, minus the 2 accent stones but the prongs were not thick like this second picture and the gap in the split was larger. If anyone has seen anything like this please post!!

Split Shank Antique Suspension.jpg

Kareberry

Rough_Rock
Here''s what it looks like from the top down.

I noticed that split shanks/crown do not seem to be so popular as an e-ring? Is it because it''s too trendy?

splitcrown123.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
hmm, personally I've never heard of a "Split Crown", but what do I know...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE split shank. Did I say I love it?
41.gif

I don't think it's an "unpopular" issue as much as an "unusual" taste. You just don't see much out there, and most people only buy the typical ones displayed at a mall anyway. These days the antique styles are making a huge comeback, and maybe it's that split shanks usually don't fall into the category.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
That ring has the coolest profile -I love it!

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting that Baby Monster...I was just going to say it is sort of similar to mine (in the above pics). Mine is also called a split shank and is very similar to the Hearts on Fire Felicity (I think thats the one) setting except the profile is a little higher and the pave is three sided on mine. I actually don''t really like the way the photos of mine turned out as the macro mode made it look kind of chunky! It is really delicate in person and I mainly chose it because of the tiny pave detail. I love how the height of the ring reallys make the diamond stand out and it looks like the ring in the picture you posted has a similar quality to it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daniel K makes a split crown and a split shank if you care to look them up. I think they are beautiful, but I am not sure I''d do one for an e-ring.

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
As far as I can tell, a split shank splits farther down the band... and/or has two distinct bands. The split crown splits super-close to the center stone.

I had been wondering about this forever and took diamondseeker''s advice and looked them up on Daniel K''s website. They''re in the bridal section.

Anyway... That setting looks like split shank to me. It''s lovely! I''m actually thinking about doing a split shank or crown for my e-ring. I think the big downside is that a wedding band won''t sit totally flush. But who knows. It seems like the split shank/crowns are getting more popular for engagement stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results