shape
carat
color
clarity

Size 7+ Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amory

Rough_Rock
Any of you have size 7+ rings you care to show? Details of your stone (color and carat) would be great too since I''m trying to get an idea of what different stones look like on larger ring sizes.

Thanks!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

In this thread you can see two rings that I posted, my engagement ring and my sapphire RHR.

This is the link

My engagement ring is a size 7 (it is the aquamarine/ diamond ring in the XOX shape - post 11 and 13) and the sapphire/ diamond right hand ring is post 22 and a size 7.5

I hope that helps you.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Is size 7 REALLY that large? My ring finger is the same size, but I never thought my hands were ginormous until I became a member of this community. I think I''ve seen a 2.5 on this board
6.gif
. I wish I had pics to share, but I''m afraid FI wasted his money on my digi. I am incapable of taking a clear pic. Soon, some day soon...

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I wear a size 7. The diamond is 1.12 carats.
kizwedring.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Hi. I wear a size 7.5. The ering center stone is 3.01 cts, Ideal cut, H color. Setting and etenity band are made up of 20 point stones.

Here is the ering with and without the matching band:

Hand.shots.rug.2.jpeg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
What a great idea! I''m with LollyBear--I wear a size 7 too & never thought my hands were that big until I joined PS. Now I''m getting a complex!

Hopefully I''ll have a ring to post to this thread soon...
31.gif

In the meantime, you might want to check out the rings at Fay Cullen. (especially if you like antique styles) She shows pictures of all of her rings on hand models.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I think size 7 is actually average, no?

Her''s a pic of my 1.14 RB, set 2 ways - i use this as an example of how setting it makes such a huge difference!!

treysarb4nfta3.jpg

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I didn''t realize what a difference a halo can make. I had never seen a before and after picture like that! It looks enormous with the halo. I''m glad I went with the halo for sure!

I think that around a size 6 seems to be what the average ring size is. Most of the stores where I tried on rings had size 6 or so on display. Of course maybe that''s so a wide variety of people will be able to try them on. Maybe someone should do a poll to see what the average size on PS is to give us an idea. I would do it but I don''t know how!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine''s a size 7.5. This shot is of the e-ring alone.
1.5 ct pear, D color, VS2 clarity, in a halo setting of 2 pointers.

halo hand.jpg

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a seven, I really don''t know why!! I''m pretty petite and when I look at my fingers, I say they look like a 5 or so, but my wedding rings are a 7 and while they are slightly loose in the winter, they are fitting perfectly right now in the summer. Oh well, I guess I have bigger hands!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear a 6 and always thought my hands were big!! After PS and seeing all these 3-5 ring sizes...I definitely have more of a complex! I only DREAM about having smaller fingers..the smaller the hand/fingers the bigger the rocks. A 3c on a size 3 is much bigger looking than on a size 6 or 7 or 8!
39.gif
When will they come up with that hand lipo??
31.gif

When I tried on rings in stores, size 6 or 6.5 was what they carried, so I always figured that was the average.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Brightspot, now I feel REALLY inferior!!! I wear a women''s size 9 and feel ginormous compared to all other PSers that have posted here
emembarrassed.gif
emcry.gif

I am not a huge person at 5'' 5" and a size 12 in most clothes, I am the "average" size for the american woman--at least that is what I read...I am constantly watching what I eat, drink or how much I excercise or not...my hands change very little even when I was my tiniest. When I married 24 1/2 years ago I was a size 8 in the ring finger department and now after 9 pregnancies, its a size 9
emsad.gif

I know how hard it is to find sample rings to try on cuz I have been shopping and its no fun. I am a curvy woman and will not be able to change that, except the weight part, which is definitely part of my daily routine.

My poor fingers
emembarrassed.gif
have no chance of looking dainty...

Since I am shopping for a new setting, do you or others feel I should lean towards 2 rings--a e-ring and a wedding band like I initally intended to do--or go with more of a single ring with a split shank--or 3 rings like I have seen others do with a solitaire and 2 eternity rings to sandwich the solitaire? I am intent on getting a Regent cut or a Jubilee cut, if all goes well with some pave on the basket and 3/4 down on both sides of the ring. I''d appreciate what you and others think might look best on us ladies with less than tiny hands...

Thanks

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
DB- Dont feel bad my BFF has a miserable time she is not heavy and wears a size 11 ring on her ring finger. It really frustrates her becuase she cant even try rings on her pinky.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Deanna, did I read correctly?? Did you say 9 pregnancies??!!
6.gif
Do you have 9 children??!! HOLY MOLY GIRL!! That commands some respect!!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
You read correctly
emotion-15.gif
! I have 7 boys and 2 girls and all still live at home...Diamonds have taken on an extra special meaning to me...While having kids, I was lucky to be able to wear ANY rings.

As my hubby and I approach 25 years this coming February 14th, I feel I deserve to be a tad selfish and go for a honking rock (somewhere around 1.55+, maybe even with a halo--who knows for sure?!) and to wear it well. Our youngest is 8 1/2 and the baby factory was closed 8 1/2 years ago!
emsmile.gif

Time to enjoy raising my brood and to party a little for the rest of my life
emotion-19.gif
!

I so enjoy seeing everyone''s rings and reading the proposals and love stories...

Do you think I am being too self-centered?
emotion-40.gif

I just want my own bling...maybe something to pass on to another generation as an heirloom of enduring love...

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh heavens no Deanna, you are NOT being selfish at all!!! For having 9 children, all of which are still at home with you, and holding together a marriage for 25 years, you are to be commended and DESERVE something very wonderful for all your hard work!! What a woman you are! That is an ultimate sacrifice that you are doing - having that many children and keeping a family together!!

YOU GO GIRL!! GET THAT DIAMOND!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora,

Thanks for your comment...I notice the pics of rings on long lanky fingers and think--OMG--I am SO not going to be able to post my pics when I get my ring cuz I will have these huge hands compared to what I have seen.
emotion-40.gif

The thing is, I DO have long fingers that ARE graceful--I am told by my manicurist--but my fingers and knuckles just are what they are...
emembarrassed.gif

I do appreciate the fact that I know that I am not alone and that having size 9 fingers and a 7 1/2 inch wrist is normal for me and alot of women...

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Deanna, I have the knuckles too!! I''ve been told it''s because I crack them, but now I''m hearing that is all hoopla. So I have relatively skinny fingers and big, knobby knuckles
9.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
DeannaBana, WOW.
NINE children and your third decade of marriage, you deserve AT LEAST a 1.55 carat. Think big. You''ve earned it.
And a halo for sure, maybe two!
1.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
DeannaBana, After 9 kids, I definitely think you deserve a halo!
9.gif
12.gif
I love regents & jubilees--I can''t wait to see your new ring!! You deserve it!

Don''t feel bad about your ring size! I too have really long fingers & pretty big knuckles. (I crack mine too, IrishEyes...
7.gif
) Short of the finger lipo which Mara suggested, we can''t change that. (ring sizes don''t seem to change too much w/ weight loss or gain) Enjoy your long, graceful fingers & find something fabulous to put on them!
36.gif

Treysar, thanks so much for posting the before-halo & after-halo shots. What a huge difference! I''ve always loved your ring, but it''s nice to see exactly how much of a difference the halo made, not only of the spread of the ring as a whole, but the center stone looks so much bigger too!
30.gif
Hey, what did you wind up deciding on for a wedding band?

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
My new engagement ring is a 7 1/4 -- i was sized as a 7 but then i didn''t want it to be tight and have the ring go on and my little fingers sticking out on the sides, so i bumped it to a 7 1/4 and i''m glad i did, its perfect!

Its a Royal Asscher 2.63, 3.10 total weight, split shank:

ragbasketpave.jpg
ragsplitshank.jpg
ragwindmill.jpg

Rube

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/7/2005 2:21:12 AM
Author: DeannaBana
You read correctly
emotion-15.gif
! I have 7 boys and 2 girls and all still live at home...Diamonds have taken on an extra special meaning to me...While having kids, I was lucky to be able to wear ANY rings.

As my hubby and I approach 25 years this coming February 14th, I feel I deserve to be a tad selfish and go for a honking rock (somewhere around 1.55+, maybe even with a halo--who knows for sure?!) and to wear it well. Our youngest is 8 1/2 and the baby factory was closed 8 1/2 years ago!
emsmile.gif

Time to enjoy raising my brood and to party a little for the rest of my life
emotion-19.gif
!

I so enjoy seeing everyone''s rings and reading the proposals and love stories...

Do you think I am being too self-centered?
emotion-40.gif

I just want my own bling...maybe something to pass on to another generation as an heirloom of enduring love...

In my opinon you also need a diamond band with 9 good sized stones, so that one day you can give one to each of your children. Maybe .25 carat each?
3.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
DB, you are in NO way being selfish, you certainly deserve a new ring after raising 9 kids. IMO you deserve a 9ct ring (one ct for each child)!
2.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh...that is something I could get used to
emotion-20.gif
!!! My hubby may something different than that though...
emwink.gif
...He isn''t as keen on the significance of what diamonds mean to me...
emsad.gif

He is Mr. Sensible...We have a great relationship overall, but he and I differ worlds apart on this
face22.gif

But I am not giving up and he has no idea of what is going to take place during the next little while (hee! hee!)
emotion-5.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Mrsfrk,

I think I agree with you! I have determined that I am naturally drawn to the cushion brilliant cut, the regent cut and the jubilee cut. I am still learning alot here on PS, but I am convinced that 1.60 in carat size at a minimum and probably somewhere around 2.15 carats (obviously depending on clarity, near flawlessness and what fits our budget)...

Thanks for your support and sweet comments!
emembarrassed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results