shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Tungsten-Carbide-Diamond bands?

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Started off wanting to get a 18K white gold band (brushed metal looks amazing), but with the amount of visible scratches (especially on brushed bands), seems like it gets the "worn out" look fairly quickly. So now, we are considering a Tungsten-Carbide-Diamond band.

Any pictures of Tungsten bands... New or old (preferred)? Hand shots? Any reviews? Thanks!!! ::)

I like this one from Titanium Kay... with three diamonds totaling 0.17ct (Is it too flashy for a guy? Any similar real life perspective shots? :roll: )

Or this one from Tungsten World... with a 0.06ct diamond

TitaniumKay1.jpg

tungstenworld.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
My husband's wedding band is tungsten-carbide (sorry, no pics right now...he's at work) but he LOVES his ring! Looks brand new...not a singe scratch...after 5 years of wearing it! They simple cannot scratch (not even fine scratches). It's really heavy, which he also likes! I say go for it! :twirl:

P.S. My husband's original wedding band was a 14 kt gold band and it got so scratched up after just a few months. It looked old and ugly...he never wore it again after I got him the tungsten band!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son in law got his ring from Tungsten World and I think it is just like the second one but without the diamond. It really looks great and is very comfortable!

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
My SO chose this one http://www.titaniumkay.com/Tungsten-Carbide-Diamond-Wedding-Band-Ring-w-Grooves-8mm-P104022.html .
He has had it for 4 months now and it looks like new, and my SO mutilates rings. 0.17ct is not to flashy at all, even my SO is pleased with it, and he complains about that my jewelry is to sparkly. He loves his ring and he is definitively not the type of guy one imagines with diamonds hi hi. Normally walks around in doc martens, jeans and metall t shirts with military style hair and he is 6ft1 and weighs 250 lbs ( sorry for the brag, just find my man so sexy :naughty: ).

Only thing I wold say is check the diamonds, the center one in my SO is not eye clean, but he didn't want to bother returning it ( aka he doesn't care). Do think about that these rings are heavy and a darker grey than white gold. If you don't like that I can recommend titanium although they get some scratches.

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
singer|1299777559|2868868 said:
My husband's wedding band is tungsten-carbide (sorry, no pics right now...he's at work) but he LOVES his ring! Looks brand new...not a singe scratch...after 5 years of wearing it! They simple cannot scratch (not even fine scratches). It's really heavy, which he also likes! I say go for it! :twirl:

P.S. My husband's original wedding band was a 14 kt gold band and it got so scratched up after just a few months. It looked old and ugly...he never wore it again after I got him the tungsten band!
Thanks for your reply!!! 8) Please do post some pictures when he gets home!! 5 years and not a single scratch, that's amazing!! I cannot wait to see it! Ditto regarding 14k/18k bands. My co-oworker showed me his band of 1 year, and it looks quite sad...

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1299794855|2869087 said:
My son in law got his ring from Tungsten World and I think it is just like the second one but without the diamond. It really looks great and is very comfortable!
Yea, most of them are advertised as "comfort fit", so should be comfortable!! :appl:

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
natascha|1299798513|2869145 said:
My SO chose this one http://www.titaniumkay.com/Tungsten-Carbide-Diamond-Wedding-Band-Ring-w-Grooves-8mm-P104022.html .
He has had it for 4 months now and it looks like new, and my SO mutilates rings. 0.17ct is not to flashy at all, even my SO is pleased with it, and he complains about that my jewelry is to sparkly. He loves his ring and he is definitively not the type of guy one imagines with diamonds hi hi. Normally walks around in doc martens, jeans and metall t shirts with military style hair and he is 6ft1 and weighs 250 lbs ( sorry for the brag, just find my man so sexy :naughty: ).

Only thing I wold say is check the diamonds, the center one in my SO is not eye clean, but he didn't want to bother returning it ( aka he doesn't care). Do think about that these rings are heavy and a darker grey than white gold. If you don't like that I can recommend titanium although they get some scratches.
Natascha, do you have any handshots, especially real life perspectives? Would love love love to see it... SO considered this style too, he just doesn't know if the grooves will look good on him and asked if it's too much diamonds for a guy.

We are actually planning a trip to LA, where Titanium Kay is located... so we are hoping their office is open to public so we can try a few styles on... will definitely make sure the diamonds are eye clean and sparkly :Up_to_something:

booman

Rough_Rock
My husband has a Tungsten band that I bought him from Overstock. It is brushed and polished with ridged edges 9mm. He loves it and says it is very comfortable.

Attachments

• band.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 650

booman

Rough_Rock
I forgot to mention he is a firefighter, and he wears this to work. I see no visible scratches.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Finally got some photos but they are pretty bad. Hopefully you will get an idea.

knicka back.JPG

hand knicka.JPG

closeknicka.JPG

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
natascha|1299941436|2870127 said:
Finally got some photos but they are pretty bad. Hopefully you will get an idea.

Thanks for posting the pictures!! It looks really nice and diamonds are not too flashy at all! In your last picture, I think see some "vertical" lines, are those scratches? Guessing not?

I got a reply from Titanium Kay, their office is open to the public, YAY!! SO and I will get to try on different styles and size to make sure everything is perfect! :appl: If they let us take pictures, I'll be sure to post them when we get back. :naughty:

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
booman|1299876306|2869772 said:
My husband has a Tungsten band that I bought him from Overstock. It is brushed and polished with ridged edges 9mm. He loves it and says it is very comfortable.

Nice!! Very manly! No visible scratches is the best thing about tungsten carbide!!! :love:

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
booman|1299876306|2869772 said:

My husband's ring looks EXACTLY like that. I was too lazy to post a pic, since it's twin is already on here :cheeky:

I wish he would have bought it on Overstock! He bought his own wedding ring and went to Jareds and bought it. It was way overpriced IMO.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
iheartbora|1300043352|2870847 said:
natascha|1299941436|2870127 said:

Thanks for posting the pictures!! It looks really nice and diamonds are not too flashy at all! In your last picture, I think see some "vertical" lines, are those scratches? Guessing not?

I got a reply from Titanium Kay, their office is open to the public, YAY!! SO and I will get to try on different styles and size to make sure everything is perfect! :appl: If they let us take pictures, I'll be sure to post them when we get back. :naughty:

I took several photos and that one was the one showing the most marks. They are practically invisable in reality. They could be scratches, watermarks, who knows? My SO wears it all the time and is pretty rough with his hands. He had titanium before that and that had marks. He butchers silver rings, we are talking those very heavy 10mm ones. They are ugly and many times out of round after just 6 months. I have caught him several times banging the ring on metal counters, etc. So I am extremly impressed with the tungsten, do I think it will be scratch free in 20 years? Not with my SO, maybe with normal wear.

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
SO and I went to Titanium Kay in LA to try on a few Tungsten Carbide rings. They look even better in real life!! Although heavier than white gold, they are extremely comfortable. I didn't forget to take pictures for PSers of course!! We ended up going with #2 :love: :love: :love:

iheartbora1.JPG

iheartbora2.JPG

iheartbora3.JPG

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
More pictures of SO's wedding band!! :appl:

Ring:
Weight: 15 gram
Width: 8 mm

Diamond: ---> I'm so glad we went in person to pick out the ring. We saw a few rings with "cloudy" or non-eye-clean stones. We picked this one out from a choice of 3 (the other two bands had 1 cloudy stone each).
Clarity: VS1
Carat: 0.17 CTW
Color: GH
Quantity: 3
Setting: Bezel

Tungsten:
Comfort fit: Yes
Color: Gunmetal
Type: Tungsten Carbide
Finish: Satin / High Polish
Binder: Nickel

iheartbora4.jpg