shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your low-profile halos!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo, I'm not yet engaged but I'm constantly searching for a low-profile and hopefully very delicate-looking halo setting! Although there are tons of halo settings out there, there are very few that I think would suit my lifestyle and career (nurse).

I found a setting in a local jewelry store that I will likely want to replicate (as it's the best I've found so far). I've attached a few pics of that. It isn't as blingy or flashy as most of the halos I've seen here, so I'm just looking for some variety. If you could include a shot of the profile that'd be awesome. Also if you could go into some detail about your particular pave-style, I'd appreciate it! I know there are so many different ways of having it done and I'm curious to see which I like best. Thanks :D

2012-01-13 18.jpg

2012-01-13 182.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my RHR. The profile is very low but to be honest i think that i'd prefer it higher...

halo ring.png

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Here is my previos ering that was a verragio halo, I thought it was low profile.

2010-10-30_15-32-45_975.jpg

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
natyLad|1338786250|3208693 said:
This is my RHR. The profile is very low but to be honest i think that i'd prefer it higher...
Ahhh, a bezel. Any particular reason you wish it was higher?

lknvrb4|1338804343|3208743 said:
Here is my previos ering that was a verragio halo, I thought it was low profile.
That is quite low... thanks for posting!!

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is about as low as you can go. The culet actually sits on my finger.

ppppppppppppppppp1.jpg

ppppppppppppp2.jpg

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
ponder|1339039287|3210921 said:
Mine is about as low as you can go. The culet actually sits on my finger.
Wow! Love how low that is. :love:

Mind if I ask the dimensions of the center stone?

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I believe the stone is 6mm x 9mm, and at .96 ct its a little deep. The ring is very dainty and very low. I like my rings almost band like. I too wear latex gloves for work and have no problems with this setting. Occasionally the tip of the marquise will snag on a glove as I'm putting it it, but it's not really a big deal. I don't necessarily baby my pave, but I usually don't wear it to work. (when my house was on the market I wore all my diamonds to work :bigsmile: ). If you plan on wearing a pave ring daily as a nurse you need to make sure whomever is making your ring knows what they are doing. Many a PSer has been plagued by missing melee and they didn't work with their hands as much as you probably do.

My ring was designed by Brian Gavin shortly before he left Whiteflash and was fabricated by Whiteflash. I have been very happy with the custom work. Its been almost 4 years and I have not lost a stone.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
ponder|1339044738|3210988 said:
I believe the stone is 6mm x 9mm, and at .96 ct its a little deep. The ring is very dainty and very low. I like my rings almost band like. I too wear latex gloves for work and have no problems with this setting. Occasionally the tip of the marquise will snag on a glove as I'm putting it it, but it's not really a big deal. I don't necessarily baby my pave, but I usually don't wear it to work. (when my house was on the market I wore all my diamonds to work :bigsmile: ). If you plan on wearing a pave ring daily as a nurse you need to make sure whomever is making your ring knows what they are doing. Many a PSer has been plagued by missing melee and they didn't work with their hands as much as you probably do.

My ring was designed by Brian Gavin shortly before he left Whiteflash and was fabricated by Whiteflash. I have been very happy with the custom work. Its been almost 4 years and I have not lost a stone.
Thanks for the specs. With a 2ish ct cushion sapphire my stone will probably have to be a bit deep as well - but it's nice to see you can still have it set quite low despite the depth.

I'm not sure I'd even wear it daily in a work setting. I plan on getting out of the hospital work soon, and so I'll have a more relaxed job and not wash my hands as much (ugh!!). I'm sure the novelty will wear off after a while and I'll just wear a band to work. I'm not supposed to wear anything with stones anyway, only plain bands... so strict! Anyway, thank you so much for your advice and input. Much appreciated. :D

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a pic of my old halo. It was lowish profile. I think the pave style was cut down? It was only in the halo, the shank was plain. Side note: the pave was nice and even but the blackish reflection on the halo create an illusion in the pic. Hope this helps!

Picture068-1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My halo setting is pretty low profile..........

cmswedset09.jpg

cmswedset00006.jpg

cmswedset03.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Catmom|1339351323|3213228 said:

Gosh catmom, I do love your set! :lickout: :love: It's so wonderfully perfect on you! And that band....TDF!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1339413112|3213633 said:
Catmom|1339351323|3213228 said:

Gosh catmom, I do love your set! :lickout: :love: It's so wonderfully perfect on you! And that band....TDF!!

Aww thanks Christina! It took me forever to find a band that would work with this setting.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everybody for your posts... I'm getting some new ideas!! :appl:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Loreal|1339456750|3214109 said:
Here's my SK halo
side%20split.pngSK%20split%20shank%20w%20flush%20band.jpg
Wow... love this! :love: Looks delicate yet secure. Dimensions of the stone?

Edit: Is there anyway to PM you?

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm not on Pricescope often enough to know if PMs are allowed. From my recollection, it isnt, but I'm sure others could clarify. My stone is 8.56x6.77x4.21. I see that you want a sapphire cushion. I just purchased a sapphire to go in my diamond's old setting and just purchased sapphires to go in my BGD jackets! I love sapphires! Good luck on your search!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Loreal|1339464577|3214194 said:
I'm not on Pricescope often enough to know if PMs are allowed. From my recollection, it isnt, but I'm sure others could clarify. My stone is 8.56x6.77x4.21. I see that you want a sapphire cushion. I just purchased a sapphire to go in my diamond's old setting and just purchased sapphires to go in my BGD jackets! I love sapphires! Good luck on your search!
Thank you!!

What I was wondering (not very tactful I know)... was what you (or hubby) paid for your setting. I wanted to ask you in private because I'm kind of embarrassed to ask! Aside from a few halos I've seen on Brilliant Earth, I am just am completely oblivious as to what a setting like this might cost. I guess I'd like to know if I'm totally getting my hopes up for something that isn't a reality. I've attached my e-mail if you're willing to share. Thanks. :)

**edited by moderator, please do not post personal contact information on the forum for everyone's safety**

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's what we're here for. Without Pricescope research I wouldn't have the quality jewelry I have! These guys/gals really know their stuff! BTW, I sent you a message! Oh, and sorry for my rudeness; thank you for your compliments!

smashleykat

Rough_Rock
I absolutely LOVE your engagement ring!!! I was wondering where you got it from? Like what jeweler/store? Also, was it custom made? And lastly, what metal is made of? Its beautiful! My boyfriend and I started looking for e-rings, and I love yours. Thank you!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smashleykat|1394832514|3634304 said:
I absolutely LOVE your engagement ring!!! I was wondering where you got it from? Like what jeweler/store? Also, was it custom made? And lastly, what metal is made of? Its beautiful! My boyfriend and I started looking for e-rings, and I love yours. Thank you!!

Welcome to PS! :wavey:

This thread is almost two years old, so you are unlikely to get a reply. Just post a new thread in the Rocky Talky part of the forum and ask questions about settings if you'd like some current feedback.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results