shape
carat
color
clarity

should I go with a plain wedding band with this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimi765

Rough_Rock
Is a plain platinum wedding band going to look ok with this ring?

pierscionek2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a plain platinum band almost always looks great. Ya might also consider an engraved platinum band (like the back part of your e-ring). Sometimes those look a little more "antique-y" or "delicate" to complement the super sparkly, romantic vibe of your e-ring.

Lovely by the way!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's really pretty. Most details PLEASE!!!!

I agree with deco -- a delicate engraved plat band or a very thin bead set eternity ring with engraving on the sides? Whitehouse Brothers might be a good place to look. I believe their website is http://www.whitehousebrothers.com

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Deco - it might be nice to try to get an engraved band to match the engraved part of your setting. If not, maybe go for something like the Tiffany''s knife-edged band (below) which might thematically match better than a smooth-topped band?

Also I want more pictures of your ring! It''s gorgeous! And tell us your story!!
4.gif

tiffany_knifeedge_wedband.jpg

mimi765

Rough_Rock
Thank you ladies!

The center stone is .65 VS1 F .The setting is hand made in 18k white gold.The little diamonds are approx. 0.20 tw

I love it! I was trying on many eternity wbs, the very thin ones.They look great with the ring.But I know I''d be obsessing over loosing the stones = taking the ring off all the time.So I''m leaning towards plain band,that I would wear all the time,even when my e-ring is off...

mimi765

Rough_Rock
My fiance bought it at a local jewelry store.I think it''s a copy of some antique design...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Deco (as usual) an engraved 18 kt WG band would be beautiful (I think you should always use the same metal when stacking) OR a 1/2 or 3/4 eternity band with small melees and some milgraining would also work very nicely. Then you don''t have as much worry as a full eternity band.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you''re worried about losing diamonds from your band, then I''d also advise going with an engraved, antique style platinum band. It''ll go beautifully with your e-ring and there are so many gorgeous choices out there!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Such a beautiful ring! I''d prefer to see it as a stand alone ring just because you don''t want to cover up any of the beauty of the sides. That''s just my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results